Skip to content

[v2.5.0] OlvynSpells: 150 New Spells for BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE and EET

Comments

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Yeah, temporal stability has a nice ring to it. I prefer having it as a spell though.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @OlvynChuru I have an observation.
    The 3rd level spell Ray of Frost says it is a 2ft by 60ft ray. Yet it only affects one creature, not all in a line. Either the effect sound off or the description of the ray is weird for the effect.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    @OlvynChuru I have an observation.
    The 3rd level spell Ray of Frost says it is a 2ft by 60ft ray. Yet it only affects one creature, not all in a line. Either the effect sound off or the description of the ray is weird for the effect.

@Necromanx2 This mod doesn't have a 3rd-level spell called Ray of Frost. That might be from a different mod.
    Sorry about that!
    edited September 2020
    The next update will have a component that lets familiars deliver the wizard's touch spells.

ox6xdxecwrcb.gif

It's cast at the wizard's caster level, not the familiar's.
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @OlvynChuru
    Thankee!

Is this component EET compatible? I ask since EET treats familiars differently than other, individual games. @Grammarsalad of Tome & Blood did the T&B's familiars to be EET compatible.

Also, how fare the metamagic implementations?
    edited September 2020
    Well, I owe @OlvynChuru another apology. Seems that the weirdness with extra spell casts showing up was due to Tome and Blood. A fix was just put out for it.
    Sorry for my incorrect assumptions again! I really need to uninstall mods one at a time to find issues going forward and read mod notes before making comments.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @OlvynChuru
    Got this error upon starting the game after installation of the metamagic feats.
    8sjzny9y38j0.png
    My goodness! I don’t even know what to say ... this is too much! Really, calling this wonderful would be an understatement!
    @Flashburn
    Flashburn wrote: »
    @OlvynChuru
    Got this error upon starting the game after installation of the metamagic feats.
    8sjzny9y38j0.png

Are you using the latest version of EEex? You'd get an error like that if your version of EEex was from before the projectile mutator functionality was added.
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    @Flashburn
    Flashburn wrote: »
    @OlvynChuru
    8sjzny9y38j0.png

Are you using the latest version of EEex? You'd get an error like that if your version of EEex was from before the projectile mutator functionality was added.

I'm using 0.8.6 which is the latest version. It doesn't say anything about a projectile mutator in its release notes.
    edited October 2020
    @Flashburn No, that's not the latest version. That's the latest official release, which is outdated and was released before the projectile mutator functionality was added. The master branch has the latest version. Download it here.
    Huh, okay. It's working now. Anyway, I could hug you for making metamagic in BG a reality.
    @OlvynChuru
    Alleluia and thanks! <glomp>
    edited October 2020
    I just realized, shouldn’t there be a way to “cancel” the selected metamagic/s? Perhaps a “reset button” in the innate abilities?

- Haven’t tried this in-game, so I’m not sure if there’s already something like this.
    Post edited by Illustair on
    @OlvynChuru
    With Weidu updating to 247 recently, do your mods need compatibility patches?
    @Endarire I wouldn't think so.
    @OlvynChuru
    Greetings! Thankee for that compatibility update!

What say you regarding these matters I recently mentioned to you?

-Additional Arcane Capstone Spells

-Teleport in EET
    Temnix of Gibberlings3 recently took a break from BG modding and left us some partially-done mods that include spells. One of the spells he added was Yesterday, which dealt with time travel. (This might help in solving your buggy Rewind Time spell.) He also added illusions akin to Silent Image with a disbelief system. He also made his mods free to edit and distribute so long as you properly credit him.

Details: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/31353-animate-dead-now-mod-for-ee/?do=findComment&comment=288246
    @Endarire

About the capstone spell idea:

Protection from Time Stop is not a transmuter-only spell. It's an abjuration spell that I let transmuters learn as well because it fit them too.

Summoner's Rift overlaps a bit too much with Enoll Eva's Duplication. That "summon twice" thing might work better as an effect of some powerful item.

The way I see it regarding teleportation is that conjuration spells can create portals that can teleport creatures, but a spell like Teleport Step that just instantly teleports the creature without bringing up a portal is an alteration spell.

As for Foresight, predicting enemies' actions isn't very useful except when it comes to their spellcasting, and the revised Oracle spell already does that. In most other situations, it's pretty obvious what an enemy is going to do next.

Mass Enslave is probably too good, as it's an area of effect version of a spell that's only one level lower, and it obsoletes Mass Domination.

Maw of Chaos and Mass Reanimate seem okay.
    edited October 2020
    @OlvynChuru
    Thankee!

Capstones
    Temporal Stability (Pro from Time Stop) seems like a fitting Transmuter capstone. Letting anyone take it makes it seem less special and less like a reason to go Transmuter. As you said, it's one of the most powerful spells available to anyone.

Summoner's Rift: What about the secondary effects of ignoring the summon limit for the party and buffing the summoned creatures?

Diviner Capstone: With Foresight no longer viable as a level 9 spell (and I agree that Foresight is probably -way- overpriced as a level 9 spell), what appropriate effects exist? An additional spell in every Sequencer and Contingency? Immunity to every bad status effect since you "prepared" for it?

Enchanter Capstone: I added the spell Total Control.

Teleport Spell in EET
    What say you?

Temnix's Spells
    What say you?

Request: Cancel Metamagic Button
    This button cancels all active metamagics. It's useful just in case you misclick. What say you?
    edited October 2020
    I gotta say, those spells by Temnix look interesting as well. Has he abandoned the mod? I’m sure at least a few of them would fit perfectly in OlvynSpells. It goes without saying that the more cool spells, the better. :)

Edit: Is it possible now to directly add a “miss chance” instead of a mere penalty to attacks? Say for example, 30% chance to evade spells and attacks with Foresight? In the alternative, maybe this can be implemented by a randomized 3/10 chance of ignoring the damage or on hit effect, as if the same has been deflected or dodged.

Just throwing some ideas here.These maybe silly ideas but here goes:
    1. Something like Minute Meteors but instead of direct damage, it would knock back the target/s (with saves). Maybe the theme is akin to a psionic power or maybe this by harnessing the power of wind. Also sets the attacks per round to 5. The same level as Minute Meteors at most. (Additional idea: Mass Effect’s Singularity, a biotic power that pulls targets like a black hole; maybe a combo with this that it’ll cause an explosion when you hit a target under the effect of “Singularity” — would that be possible to existing spells, I mean having a combination effect?)

2. Or maybe Ice Shards instead of fire-based Minute Meteors. But if I have to choose, I think the first one is unique and more interesting.

3. How about the opposite of your reverse gravity spell? Almost similar to Grease, yes, but cooler lol. Anyone who enters the area is either knocked down and cannot move (failed save) or is slowed down (successful save). Maybe add crushing damage per round?

4. I always find area-based siphoning/draining spells interesting, be it siphoning life force (HP, and also removes fatigue?) and/or mana (restores spell slots?). It may have a duration or one-time effect. But I prefer one with duration. Maybe from dead characters, or living ones (perhaps an additional effect while being drained, like slow? Or maybe not). This could be a form of blood magic?
    Post edited by Illustair on
    Illustair wrote: »
    Edit: Is it possible now to directly add a “miss chance” instead of a mere penalty to attacks? Say for example, 30% chance to evade spells and attacks with Foresight? In the alternative, maybe this can be implemented by a randomized 3/10 chance of ignoring the damage or on hit effect, as if the same has been deflected or dodged.

That should be possible with EEex.
    Just throwing some ideas here.These maybe silly ideas but here goes:
    1. Something like Minute Meteors but instead of direct damage, it would knock back the target/s (with saves). Maybe the theme is akin to a psionic power or maybe this by harnessing the power of wind. Also sets the attacks per round to 5. The same level as Minute Meteors at most. (Additional idea: Mass Effect’s Singularity, a biotic power that pulls targets like a black hole; maybe a combo with this that it’ll cause an explosion when you hit a target under the effect of “Singularity” — would that be possible to existing spells, I mean having a combination effect?)

The mod already includes the ranger spell Wind Shots, which does something similar.

borjr3qvr43g.png
    2. Or maybe Ice Shards instead of fire-based Minute Meteors. But if I have to choose, I think the first one is unique and more interesting.

I'm fine including more cold spells, but I'd prefer one that isn't just a cold version of another spell.
    3. How about the opposite of your reverse gravity spell? Almost similar to Grease, yes, but cooler lol. Anyone who enters the area is either knocked down and cannot move (failed save) or is slowed down (successful save). Maybe add crushing damage per round?

There are already too many spells that do something similar (e.g. Entangle, Grease, Web, Stinking Cloud).
    4. I always find area-based siphoning/draining spells interesting, be it siphoning life force (HP, and also removes fatigue?) and/or mana (restores spell slots?). It may have a duration or one-time effect. But I prefer one with duration. Maybe from dead characters, or living ones (perhaps an additional effect while being drained, like slow? Or maybe not). This could be a form of blood magic?

There's already a spell in this mod called Steal Spells.

qw355ovo82ax.png
    How about “melee attacks” at a safe distance by propelling wind? Or “aura” life drain (or any spell-activated auras)?
    @Illustair
    How about “melee attacks” at a safe distance by propelling wind?

It's possible to make a specific weapon that does that, but otherwise it's not really possible right now even with EEex.
    Or “aura” life drain (or any spell-activated auras)?

One of the new components improves Cloak of Fear so that it actually gives you an aura of fear for 1 turn.

bescq1njz8ki.png
    edited October 2020
    @OlvynChuru @Illustair
    As a reminder, Temnix in the post I linked said he was done modding for the moment and his mods were freely available to anyone to redistribute edit so long as he got credit.
  • ArjukKagrimArjukKagrim Member Posts: 44
    When trying to install the Metamagic component, I receive the following error-message:

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 2450 of 2450-byte file SPWI202.SPL
    ERROR: [SPWI202.SPL] -> [override/SPWI202.SPL] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("SPWI202.SPL: read out of bounds"))

I also installed other mods previously. Any idea how to fix this?
    edited October 2020
    @ArjukKagrim That will be fixed in the next update.
    @OlvynChuru
    Various people in the Infinity Engine modding community want to know how you exceeded the normal engine limit of 50 level 9 arcane spells per level. We'd also like you to allow arcane spell and divine spells of all spell levels to exceed this 50 spells per level cap.

Also, what say you to implementing this teleport spell? After discussing things on Discord, @Bubb said changing the travel time to 0 would require EEex, though @CamDawg said a dialog-based teleportation menu would be doable in vanilla BG(2)EE. auiwqi also aided significantly in this discussion.

I prefer the World Map-dependent (and, thus, EEex-dependent) approach since it's easier on the player (and probably easier to code) and more elegant, though adding separate teleport spells for EE and non-EE is also a possibility.

Thankee!