Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    edited November 2020
    @meowdog I do notice that I still cannot scroll through all the options when viewing spells on a Sorcerer's level up (I assume Shaman will have the same issue). Not nearly as much of an issue since EEKeeper can let me swap a spell if needed. Thank you again for helping with this!
    Try this one, it will fallback to list view if there're more than 30 spells to choose from.
    Screenshot:
    2v2f0add2k3w.jpg
    Ignore the invalid entry, it's because I switched to english, but used another language during mod installation.
    You need to replace CHARGEN_CHOOSE_SPELLS menu section and the corresponding lua code.

Edit
    Grid view with scrolling and additional buttons (only visible if there's more than one page):
    s19pdv63a46p.jpg
    Post edited by meowdog on
    Dawglicious
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    @meowdog Works perfectly! Thank you so much!

• CensoredRobotCensoredRobot Member Posts: 1
    Hi, on the portrait picker screen for BG2EE, I have 3 missing pictures. They are for Glint, Voghiln, and Baeloth.

6jqmbnwtakpd.jpg
    BlackbɨrdAedan
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    Hello.

Thank you for this awesome mod.

I just tried it, it's beautiful.

I encoutered a strange bug : on a fresh BGEE SoD installation, with only ModMerge installed, when I install DragonspearUI main component, it seems to disable Dorn and Neera : they are no longer where they are supposed to be !

Did someone have any idea why ?
  • unknownunknown Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

I really love this UI mod, but I'm having some issues when it comes to attributing weapon proficiencies on the level-up screen. The + and - buttons are all greyed out and I can't click them, and when I press back to escape from the screen and try again it doubles the number of weapon proficencies and skill points.

Can anyone help?

uco4xcsv1ad9.png

6lgzm10kzwbx.png

• skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    @Pecca, any news? Maybe a couple of new screenshots for a future update? :)
    Blackbɨrd
    edited January 2021
    @Pecca, it looks delicious! Thank you! Just have to wait for patch 2.6 in about two more years. :smiley:
    By the way, I would like to know if you have an idea to release a similar GUI mod for PST:EE? In view of the fact that there is no alternative to the standard GUI at all, and it is very bad and inconvenient, in my opinion.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited January 2021
    Heh, no I actually love the PST:EE UI. It represents exactly what enhanced UIs of all EE games should have been like IMO. And if they were, I would have probably never created this mod, at least far from this scope.
    Post edited by Pecca on
    Aedan
  • SurvaldorSurvaldor Member Posts: 3
    Great mod! Where did you get that Minsc portrait from, mind sharing it?
    Survaldor wrote: »
    Great mod! Where did you get that Minsc portrait from, mind sharing it?

I just slightly tweaked his bg2 portrait to fit better among bg1 portraits.
    1iop8ovm6lf6.bmp
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Hello Pecca, have you ever thought about a BG1 GUI for BG:EE?

I used to yeah, long time ago, but not anymore. Someone else on the forum was making it I think. My interests shifted over the years and updating this mod will likely be my last work.
    [Deleted User]Timbo0o0o0GrammarsaladJuliusBorisov
  • SurvaldorSurvaldor Member Posts: 3
    @Pecca thank you, really like the portrait!
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    Has anyone ever figured out a way to get a bigger world map view without the issue shown here?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1144479/#Comment_1144479
    tl1942 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever figured out a way to get a bigger world map view without the issue shown here?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1144479/#Comment_1144479

I haven't, but I reported it as a bug a long time ago.
    tl1942
  • tl1942tl1942 Member Posts: 178
    edited January 2021
    Thanks as always, @Pecca

Update:
    Playing my first ever EET run, and with EET's seamless transition between Siege of Dragonspear and Shadows of Amn, I realized that the awesome default SOA escape screen background is a screenshot of the shadow thieves ambush cutscene at the end of SOD (great choice!). The video is sodcin05.wbm in ...\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\movies\

One tiny issue is that the default image has some noticeable video artifacting (especially at the bottom), so I took another screenshot and upscaled it with a free AI upscaler. I think the result is really nice. No more artifacts!

Image below:
    kai47a2tagmd.png

If you'd like to use this upscaled version, then your EET code should look this:
    movie
    	{
    		enabled "currentCampaign == 3"
    		name "RGOPT1"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		MOSAIC "ESCSOA"
    	}

...where ESCSOA is whatever you rename the png attached above. If you're not using EET, then just look for RGOPT1 and add the MOSAIC "ESCSOA" line. Of course, escsoa.png needs to be in your override folder either way.

Post edited by tl1942 on
  • shayloshaylo Member Posts: 40
    Hello. Ive downloaded your mod (as last in order). But found problem with it. Actually it doesnt show quests from mods :/, when i unistall your mod, the quests normally visible in "quest book".
    Did i something do wrong ?
    I use as first DLC merger (first option). There is my weidu config (actually without ur mod, cuz have to see my mods quests)
  • TrouveurTrouveur Member Posts: 481
    Trouveur wrote: »
    Hello.

Thank you for this awesome mod.

I just tried it, it's beautiful.

I encoutered a strange bug : on a fresh BGEE SoD installation, with only ModMerge installed, when I install DragonspearUI main component, it seems to disable Dorn and Neera : they are no longer where they are supposed to be !

Did someone have any idea why ?
    Hi again, I tried this mod on BG2EE and encountered the same bug, all Beamdog new NPC are not there !

How can I reactivated them please ?
    @lunar, please upload this your custom version to try it out.
    Adam_en_tium
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Sure, if anyone is interested. Here are my custom files, if anyone wishes to try a more colorful version.

After making the installation of this mod, simply put all of these files into movies folder of bg. (It is also in the place where the override folder sits in, the main game folder.) This way you will preserve the original files in the override folder. The trick is, game will use the custom ones in these movies folder first, without you actually replacing the original mod files in the override section. So that if you don't like them, you just delete the custom files in the movies folder (careful not to delete the game movie files in there!) and since the original mod files are still there in the override folder, there is no need to install/uninstall the mod, which can be a headache.

I am not a modder. No piece is of my original creation, just got the pieces/bits I used from other mods I mentioned in my post, for my personal use and fun.

Some additional files: tweaked, smaller and translucent iwd casting graphics, bg2 green orb disintegrate ray graphic, prettier globe of invulnerability from iwd, basic book icons from nwn.

For the start screens, I got the wallpapers from here:
    https://wallpaperaccess.com/baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn
    edit the ui file using @meowdog 's recommendations a few pages back. You need to adjust the wallpaper to your computer's resolution (hence the resolution bg ee games run in) since my max is 1366x768 it may not be for everyone.
    skushaAdam_en_tiumJuliusBorisov
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    This mod looks awesome but it looks like the latest version on github is from 2019, and there are a number of suggested edits for fixes posted in this forum since then. Is there a running combined list anywhere, or does anyone have files with all the fixes in them? I can go back through and put them all in myself but I'm afraid I might screw up or miss a few, and was wondering if someone had something handy before I attempted that. Thanks!
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    I think there is a plan to release a new version with all fixes included, for 2.6 patch.
    Adam_en_tiumAedan
    edited March 2021
    can someone help me ? A lot of quests from some mods dont showing up in my quest log :/. Its horrible to follow them correctly.
    Im know @skusha send here some fix for journal/quest log bugs, but... i dont know how to update it for BG:EE. With simply copy ui_menu or reinstall mod it doesnt work fine (just crashing game or some HUD bugs), i dont want to install all my mods again ;/.

Please help :(
    Post edited by shaylo on
  • 311stylee311stylee Member Posts: 9
    From what I can tell it looks like the files in this post by meowdog a few months ago contain almost all of the post-2.42 fixes, I believe including the fix for the quests not showing up in the journal: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1153308/#Comment_1153308
    edited March 2021
    Posting a separate fix for journal/quest. It installs like a standard WeiDU-mod.
    https://yadi.sk/d/TBzVz942Br_7OA
    Version for EET with all possible corrections and fixes available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qejqvph49ol1v79/DragonspearUI_EET-2.42.zip?dl=0
  • meowdogmeowdog Member Posts: 71
    311stylee wrote: »
    From what I can tell it looks like the files in this post by meowdog a few months ago contain almost all of the post-2.42 fixes, I believe including the fix for the quests not showing up in the journal
    Yes, but it also contains most changes from SoD v2.5 menu file, I might have introduced new bugs while porting these changes.
    311stylee
    skusha wrote: »
    Posting a separate fix for journal/quest. It installs like a standard WeiDU-mod.
    https://yadi.sk/d/TBzVz942Br_7OA

Its doesn't work still (intalled your fix, start new game), sister sephia from BG1RE and Linda and Sir Trun from ACquest still doesnt appear :/.
  • VerthissVerthiss Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2021
    Hi Pecca!
    So, with 2.6 just around the corner, any chances we will get a new version of the mod soon? :D
    I'm super hyped about playing through SoD once the patch comes live, but it would be even nicer to do it with your updated mod :D
    beo