Skip to content

They won't join but you wish they would.

In my early days of playing BG, before I had learned the identities of all of the NPCs, I would often end up engaging characters in conversation in the hope that they would end up joining my party. One I always wished I could persuade to come adventuring with me was Silke, the female mage that Garrick introduces you to. I liked the way she looked, I liked her attitude and I liked they fact that she was a "thespian extraordinaire". I also think the game could do with an evil female magic user.

Anyway, Silke would have been my choice for a bonus, joinable NPC. Who would you go for?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Haha, I was immediately thinking of Narlen as well.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Mad Arcand and Mutamin. I'm not even kidding.

Not that I would have been that intested in having him, but I totally expected Brage to be joinable.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    Nimbul, the nashkel assassin. damn he was cool, would've been good if you could convince him to join, pay him by doubling the price on your head. it was only about 400 gp wasn't it?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Dradeel, one of the mad mages of spellhold.
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    edited October 2012
    Drizzt - who wouldn't!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Zal and Vax
  • bdeonovicbdeonovic Member Posts: 86
    edited October 2012
    There is a mod that makes lots of these NPCs joinable....it also adds lots of quests and CONVERSATION which is awesome.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    bdeonovic said:

There is a mod that makes lots of these NPCs joinable....it also adds lots of quests and CONVERSATION which is awesome.

Can you sexually assault Winthrop?
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803

Dradeel, one of the mad mages of spellhold.

Dradeel is met in BG TOSC, in a small house just south to the northern wreckage. When you know what he faced, you might understand why he's mad in BG2 :p
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    I want Raelis Shai to be joinable. She was tons cooler than Haer'Dalis.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    My sister says "all the cute monsters," such as Nexlit the Xvart, Korax the Ghoul, or Ratman the Kobold.

For me, I think Thalantyr, of High Hedge. It's really interesting to talk to him during the Melicamp quest and start to get insight into his adventuring career ... though usually when you do this he gets pissed and you ruin the quest so it's time to reload. ^^; Another good one would be the bard you meet at the Firewine bridge. He seems cool, plus Garrick and Eldoth are ... decent ... but seriously not that great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CyricistCyricist Member Posts: 61
    I always wanted Renal Bloodscalp from BG2 to join the party. Damn, that guy was cool.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I always felt like taking Biff the Understudy under my wing...
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2012
    Anduin said:

I always felt like taking Biff the Understudy under my wing...

Im with you...me wants biff for comedic relief and someone everyone can pick on. Or make him into a wand of biff summoning as a distraction....enemies would instantly see biff as a threat...to their sanity and want to kill him 1st.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    IDK if it's a bug.. but in Baldur's Gate thieves guild, if you do the home invasion questline for that one thief, then at the end of the main thieves guild quest you kill the ambassador mage who attacks you before the cutscene, biff the understudy pops up in his place for the dialogue when the thief you burglar'd with steps up to your defense... It's weird! Makes no sense lol.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2012
    Cespenar. I want him as my familiar. Oh, and Yakman from Watchers' Keep. That dude was insane, though if you cast a Heal on him, he was okay again, which would not be nearly as fun.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Larry Darryl and Darryl! Triple NPCs FTW - you get them and... you basically want to commit suicide on the long run :P
  • AldericAlderic Member Posts: 37
    Saemon Havarian would be make a fine swashbuckler.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Arkanis Gath.

Always loved the name, and the fact he shows up and insta-gibs you the moment you attack the shadow thieves out of plot made him one of the most bad-ass NPCs in the history of NPCs despite having no dialogue. He's just a cool name, and a bad-ass assassin.