Skip to content

IWDEE 2.5.17.0 Modfile with Extra Areas and NPCs

GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
edited January 2021 in IWD:EE Mods
For all those Android players (and PC/Mac if you want to unpack the files..., sorry not sure about IOS) who have been itching to get your hands on the new NPCs and Quests that have been created for IWDEE as well as a couple of the older ones and IWDEE specific kits, here is your chance.

The attached modfile contains the following mods:

Fixes:
~~~~~~
Skeleton so that it is not immune to Turn Undead
Whispers of Silence - Non-Detection that works
Icestorm fix for number of rounds (was 3, made 4)
Beserker Enrage Fix
Horror fix duration to 1 Turn
Stinking Cloud Animation
Death Fog Animation
Cloudkill Animation
Fireball Animation
Necromancy Cast Animation

UI:
~~~
- EEUITweaks v3.6 - CLUAConsole for Mobile (Long press on top left icon to open)

Areas & Quests:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Below & Below Inn v2.5
Night of the Blinking Dead v1.2
Tale of Our Lady Dreamless v2.2
Terror of the Skineater v1.2

NPCs:
~~~~~
Animal Companions For All Rangers & Druids v1.6

Icewind Dale NPCs v7
Afaaq, the Djinni Companion v2.8
Minerva NPC for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 1.0
Karihi NPC for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 1.0
Dendjelion NPC for IWD:EE
Dusky NPC for IWD:EE
Ina NPC for IWD:EE: 1.1
Oak-Maw NPC for IWD:EE: 1.4
Orra NPC for IWD:EE: v1.0
Tipps NPC for IWD:EE: v1.2
T'viy NPC for IWD:EE: 1.2
Urchin NPC for IWD:EE
Turald NPC for IWD:EE

Icewind Dale Crossmod Banter Pack: 1.0 (with romance conflicts installed, 15 min timer)

Items:
~~~~~~
Thrown Hammers: v6.1.0
Short Sword of Backstabbing (PnP): 1.1
Enchant the Missile Launchers
More Styles for Mages v1.56
Wand Case: v1.3
More items for IWD:EE: v2.2
Forgeable artifacts for IWD EE: v1.4
S9 House Rules v1.1

Spells:
~~~~~~~
Weasels v2.2
Radziel Universal Wizard Spells: 2.8

Kits:
~~~~~
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit: v6
A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack v2.92
Barbarian-Shaman pseudo-multiclass for IWDEE: 0.1
Improved Shamanic Dance: 4.0
Chaos Sorcerer: Wild Magic Kit for Sorcerers v2.5
Runescarred Berserker v 1.0 for IWD EE
Duskblade v1.1

Tweaks:
~~~~~~~
Tweaks Anthology v9.0 (Various)
Bigger Bard Song
aTweaks v4.53
JimFix v2.5
Free Action Override (PnP) v2.0
Battle Music for IWDEE
1PP v4.0.1 Smart Avatar and Armour Switching
Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) v1.01

Download:
IWDEE.2.5.17.0_Modfile_Areas+Quests+NPCs.7z (~235MB Packed download, ~360MB Unpacked)

Attached also is the WeiDU.log to show all the mods installed (less fixes).

To Install and Remove:

To install:
- Download the files to your device (not into the game's /Files folder)
- Delete any previous modfiles and 'lang-en_US.zip' (or similar)
- Delete or rename any /Lang folder you may have had
- Delete or rename any current 'override' folder
- Unpack (keeping paths) all the folders/files into the following folder on your internal storage (not external SDCard if you have one):

'Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/'

If your file manager can't handle .7z files, I know that 'RAR for Android' or 'ZArchiver' have no problems.

You should have the following structure:
Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/
Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/override (Folder just unpacked)
Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/baldur.lua (File - game config file)
Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/lang-en_US.zip (File - dialog.tlk +) [Do not unpack]

Note:
You might have some other folders as well such as:
- ./files/music
- ./files/portraits (Folder - place custom portraits)
- ./files/save (Folder - save games location)
- ./files/scripts (Folder - place custom scripts here)
- ./files/sounds (Folder - place custom voice files here)
If you don't have these and want to add, just create the folder.
If you add custom voice files manually, these will not have subtitles. If you want subtitles, then you need to have the custom voice files added as a mod.

- You are now ready to test, if the games crash, then make sure you don't have the modfile located inside the /Files folder as it may clash with itself. If the game plays, then you should be good to play on.

To uninstall:
- Delete the override folder and 'lang-en_US.zip'.
- You should now be back and running vanilla.

A reminder to those who have used modfiles before, and a notice to those who haven't:

The modfile contents contain specific mod versions and only works with the game version it was created on (in this instance IWDEE 2.5.17.0). When the next version of the game comes out, it will may not work due to any changes within the dialog.tlk. The mods themselves would only be updated when a new release of the modfile is created with the updates included.

Hope you enjoy and Happy Gaming
Gus

Edit 28 Jan 2021 - The original modfile crashed so has been repacked and replaced. Note there has been a change to the installation procedure (rather than just copy the file, you will need to unpack).
Post edited by Gusinda on
inethAdam_en_tiumronaldoMantis37

Comments

• darthnihilismdarthnihilism Member Posts: 24
    Will download and test soon . Ill get back to you on any bugs i may come across.
    hey i downloaded the icewind dale pack. So far i get invalid text on the character creation screen with the added kits I believe. I think you posted the work around somewhere however I don't have a program that lets me edit the tlk folder. is there any other method or did I mess up the installation somehow ? Also btw android 11 doesnt let people look at the android directory folder any more without a pc. I updated my phone and no longer have direct access without my pc .
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @darthnihilism, now that Android 11 access is just downright annoying (insert expletives where appropriate). Having a quick read about it, it seems to be about the FM being used. I am sure that the 3rd party FMs will get around to making their product compliant (read more desirable) by adding the right permissions.

With regard to the invalids, this is also disappointing. I was hoping that there was no need to block access to the vanilla dialog.tlk.

Give this a whirl (if you can with the new permissions getting in the way...)

- Make a backup of 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb' to anywhere not in its folder (this is just a safety measure so that if it goes wrong, you don't need to redownload it). If you don't have the space then that is fine and this step can be skipped. It just means a download later of the file if a problem occurs (xxx = a number).

- Install 'RAR for Android' if you don't have it (free in the Google Play store). I know this one works, not sure about other compression software.
    - Open RAR and navigate to 'Android/obb/com.beamdog.icewinddale/'
    - Long press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb' and rename to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb.zip'
    - Short press on 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb.zip' which should open the file allowing you to look at the contents. If it asks which program to use, then direct it to RAR.
    - navigate to '/lang/en_US/', long press on 'dialog.tlk' and rename to 'dialog.klt' (it can be anything as long as it follows the xxxxxx.xxx naming rule. I just reverse the extension so that I know what it was...)
    - let RAR save the renaming (it takes a little while but you can see when it is finished by looking at the bottom of the app window, it will revert back to the long file name). This method should not change the size of the .obb at all.
    - Back out of 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb.zip' so that you again see the whole file.
    - Rename 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb.zip' back to 'patch.xxx.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb' (this is often forgotten; if the game starts to try and redownload the .obb, this is the first place to look for a fix)
    - That ends the adjustment for the .obb

- Navigate to 'Android/data/com.beamdog.icewinddale/files/', either by RAR or your normal File Manager. Install the modfile vide previous instructions.
    - Make sure that 'lang-en_US.zip' or 'Modfile.x.en_US.zip' is in the root sitting beside 'Baldur.lua'

You can now exit out of the File Manager / RAR and try and start the game. Hopefully all goes well this time.

If it doesn't start, could you let me know whether it doesn't attempt to start (ie: a quick open, then close straight away without any error messages) or it comes with a message that it couldn't start. If the game tries to redownload the .obb, it means that something went wrong with renaming dialog.tlk in the .obb. If that is the case, restart the device (so that the download will cancel), delete 'patch.730.com.beamdog.icewinddale.obb', replace it with the backup and repeat the steps above.

If you don't get access, then you can also copy the patch.x.obb to your PC harddrive and make the changes there. The only thing is that you will need to make sure that the file size of the .obb is exactly (to the bit) the same size. You 'may' also need to apply centralfix to it.

Hope that fixes the problem
    Gus
    I can not do anything with the tlk file of any significance. I extract the obb file to my desktop and use rar to view it and navigate to the lang folder. It lets me extract the english tlk file and edit it but i have no way of patching itr back into the obb file for whatever reason.

ps. sorry my grammar is pretty shite
    Sorry @darthnihilism, I neglected to mention that if you take the .obb to the desktop, just open the file with WinRAR, navigate to the dialog.tlk and rename it there, then let it save. No need to extract. I have done this previously and it didn't change the bit size of the file, but it is always good to make sure.

To check, right click on patch.obb and look at the properties; Size: xxx (xxx Bytes).

Check prior to renaming dialog.tlk and after. It is the size in Bytes that need to match.

If it matches and the game tries to redownload the .obb, then you need to apply Centralfix to patch.obb so that it can be read by the game. I just tried it on my PC and there was no change in size and no need to apply centralfix, but just in case...

Trying that also explains why the modfile worked on my device with no problems... I must have renamed my dialog.tlk earlier.

Hope that makes sense.
    Gus
    idk why for whatever reason I can't seem to edit the tlk file with my version of winzip for whatever reason.
    could you make me a version of the tlk file to download this bs is irritating the hell out of me. I believe i did everything you instructed but as i said earlier my winzip wont let me even get into the obb file to see the lang folder. I was using another program breez zip it didn't let me do anything either.
    sorry not the tlk i meant the obb with the tlk file modded please would be eternally grateful.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Fixes:
    ~~~~~~
    Skeleton so that it is not immune to Turn Undead
    Whispers of Silence - Non-Detection that works
    Icestorm fix for number of rounds (was 3, made 4)
    Beserker Enrage Fix
    Horror fix duration to 1 Turn
    Stinking Cloud Animation
    Death Fog Animation
    Cloudkill Animation
    Fireball Animation
    Necromancy Cast Animation

Are these fixes available as mods for the PC version, or did you do them "by hand" in NearInfinity?
    HI @darthnihilism, and sorry about the delay. The Xmas and New Years were a bit busy...

It probably isn't a good idea to distribute the software (.obb file) like that... I think we can get this going on your device. Have you tried copying the .obb to a location on your device that RAR would be able to access? Somewhere like /Downloads or /Documents should be fine and edit it there.

The only problem I would see is trying to get the .obb back into place with the fodler current restrictions. Did you try the method that I sent via PM at all? By the looks of various discussions around the net, this should work (at least to copy into the folder), not sure about editing it in place. The other way of course is if you have a PC where you could then just use Windows Explorer to copy the files around.

Hope that works
    Gus
    edited January 2021
    Hi @ineth, They aren't WeiDU mods as such, but standalone files to throw into the override folder. I have been picking them up around the traps (certainly some from within this forum) as I see them and putting them into my 'fix' folder, which I then copy into the 'override' before modding the game. The animation fixes were only recent so you would think I would remember where...

Doesn't really help, does it...
    Gus

Edit: Found the animation fixes...

Edit 2: Beserker Enrage Fix

Edit 3: Icestorm Fix I manually did from this discussion.
    ineth
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Gusinda ,

Thanks for everything you do for android players !

I normally play on my PC, but I have too much work at the time to play often BG. On the other hand I spend more time in transports...
    So I decided to try ID:EE on my phone. And saw your amazing modfile !

I have installed it and started a game. I just noticed that everytime I cast a cure light wounds the game freeze.
    Do you have any idea what could be the cause ? A mod ?

Adam

Edit : maybe the Necromancy Cast Animation ?
    Edit2: ok i've tried other necromancy spells and it crashes every time... Is there a way to easily remove the animation fix ?
    Post edited by Adam_en_tium on
    Gusinda
    Hi @Adam_en_tium, thanks for the feedback. I think I know what the problem is. I had problems earlier in the modfile creation process where if there were too many files (after about 6000) in the modfile, it would crash with various spell types; arcane and divine. I had thought that with some changes in the process, it was now working properly and it is much easier to install (just a copy) instead of unpacking.

I just checked the modfile in this thread and had the same problem with that spell. I also found the same problem which in another IWDEE modfile I did around the same time but with less content. This modfile has about 9000 files and the other one with less content has about 7000.

Not at my PC right now but when I am (later today), I will repack and let you know how I go.

Thanks again
    Gus
    Adam_en_tium
    Hi @Adam_en_tium, I have updated the OP with a new modfile. I have tested different spells and it didn't crash so hopefully the repack has done the trick. There is a new installation procedure, so the modfile itself will need to be unpacked on your device instead of just copy.

Let me know if you have any probs and I will see if I can fix.

Happy Commuting
    Gus
    Adam_en_tium
  • Adam_en_tiumAdam_en_tium Member Posts: 99
    Hello Gus,

A big thank you for the new modfile ! It works ;)
    And thanks for the Rar app recommandation.

Cool to be able to heal my level 2 team without having to sleep ^^

Have a good day,

Adam
    Gusinda
  • Lance2409Lance2409 Member Posts: 7
    Hi I installed your pack on PC and now I can't install anything with WeiUD every time I do when I go into the game like for some kits the it just shows Invalid and then a number
    Is there any way to fix this so I can install other mods with yours, all your content works fine so far
    Gusinda
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Hello guys, if you experience problems with dialog.tlk file, you need to use PC instead of android rar version, because new system update completely disrupts the access to android/data or andoid/obb files.
    Gusinda
    Hi @Lance2409, I have never tried but can give it a go. What sort of mods are you looking at adding in?

Thanks @konva. By new system, do you mean Android 11? I don't have that but I have seen some problem being discussed online about it... With trying to keep the change on the mobile (as many don't have access to a PC), can you try coping the .obb to a work area (like Documents, where you should have access) and make the changes there? If so, then are you able to copy the .obb back again? Not sure how far the restrictions go.

Gus
    you can access to obb folder but not anymore to data. So if you plan to extract mods from mobile you just cant.
    btw can this workaround be applied to BGEE too? I have installed mods, renamed dialog in patch, but still invalid links during some mod encounters.
    @Gusinda I really wanted to install the Shadow Magic mod and possibly the Eldritch magic for the bladesinger kit thats really about it
    Whenver I use the WeiUD installer I go thru the component installation and says it was sucessfull but when I go make a new character , the slot where the kitt is suppose to be says "Invalid ####" it usually a number like 60347 just a random number
    Thank you for your time Im loving everything else though the NPCs add so much more life into the game and just a ton of amazing changes <3
    Also quick question, for the Forgeable artifacts I found one piece im assuming is to forge later how do I forge them? When I pick up both pieces of one do they automatically combine? Or will there be an NPC that forges the items? I only have 1 piece but just curious for when I find the other piece, super excited :D
    Lance2409 wrote: »
    Also quick question, for the Forgeable artifacts I found one piece im assuming is to forge later how do I forge them? When I pick up both pieces of one do they automatically combine? Or will there be an NPC that forges the items? I only have 1 piece but just curious for when I find the other piece, super excited :D

On IWDEE it could be conlan or orrick. HoW - not sure who, maybe the innkeeper mage? Look for new npcs
    Another quick question is the level capped removed with these mods or can I enable that somehow
    As far as I know... cdtweaks or eetweaks has xp cap removal.
    edited February 2021
    How about the invalid links in game? Installed few mods for bgee... did the modfile.. centralfixed.. and also renamed dialog.tlk in patch.obb so game should use ohe modfile one... tried with zip file.. and with exttacted files...
    I have noticed that when i rename dialog kltit renames back to tlk
    edited February 2021
    Daaaang I just had my first romantic conflict between my party and who I liked the most hahaha I absolutely loveeee these mods, great job on putting everything together
    Gusinda
    Hey Gus I just tried redoing the Icewind dale updated pack you post. Will let you know how it goes whether or not ill have to screw around with the dlk file at all.
    Gusinda
    Hi @konva, are you running Android 11 at all? If so, my guess (don't have 11 to test properly) that you have to take patch.obb out of it's current folder, rename dialog.tlk then copy the file back into the obb folder. This is due to the new folder restrictions.

Hope that works
    Gus
  • BackyardMinirampBackyardMiniramp Member Posts: 1
    @Gusinda sorry to bother you as a new user but I was also using this modfile without issue until 2.6 dropped. Now I get invalid errors on all mod assets but only if a male character is in the party or during male character creation. Super strange bug. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I'm willing to rollback to 2.5 and run the modfile but I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Possible jank solution: anyone know how to change the gender of the paper dolls via console command?