Skip to content

[mod] Innershade

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    No inn and sorry, future updates won't include new stuff as it would demand too much work. The mod was already translated into several languages and made compatible with both EE and old BG2.

There is a reason to go back, though. Firstly, the smith, where you may buy some nice items. And more importantly, Granny Bunny. Talks with her trigger with time :)

There are other mods that include shops and taverns. Like the Southern Edge.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    edited May 2019
    I can certainly understand, though I do hope there are plans for other mods set in the deep forest. The art style was spot on. If that was you, great work - I loved the whole look of the place. I also liked the attention to details, like Granny Bunny. That whole interaction left me with a smile on my face - RP just for RP sake. I wish there were more interactions like that in the game, as they add a richness and texture to the game.

The one thing I miss the most from BG1 are the wilderness areas, so Innershade (and to a lesser extent, the abandoned amphitheater in the EE quest) definitely helped sate that.
    Thanks! It was a forest map from ToB and then modified by me, using resources from all Infinity Engine games. Not long ago the nightmaps were added to enhance the experience.

I had one more Athkatlan Grounds area in mind, but the project was so huge I had to put it on a hold. Perhaps it will return though. It would include not exactly a forest area, but more like a new village "eaten" by a bigger city. So it would be like a city part with more rustical feel, as the original villagers never felt as a part of the bigger structure and always thought about themselves as people of that specific isle. If I will have some news on that front, I will let you know :)
    If Beamdog ever gets BG2 back in the Play store, and you need a tester/proofreader, let me know. I have thoroughly enjoyed these new areas, so if I can help make them happen, I'm all for it - even if I don't have the time or energy to mod myself.
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    Question about the Granny Barbara interactions, I've played through this mod twice now and both times the interactions with this nice older lady stall, as in she does not respond at all after my third or fourth visit (trying to avoid spoilers, not sure how to spoiler tag yet). I have read that there is an Innershade messenger that will show up at some point and give you an update or summons but they never appear. FWIW I'm still in Chapter 3...
    I just had my third interaction (post main Innershade quest). However, I've been waiting a few game weeks between trips. Based on that last one, I'm... hesitant to return.
  • AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    I ended up going in with EEKeeper and finding the Innershade messenger, spawning him, and the story picked right up. I think one of the mods I have is screwing with the game time. The De'Arnise keep never gets its weekly tax deposits, the thief guild messenger never arrives to collect my dues, Sgt Nutella [sic] never comes to tell me about Teos' fake summons, etc etc. But most of the plots advance just fine, as long as I use the console to spawn in the appropriate messenger after enough time has passed. Oh well, what I get for being greedy.
    Ok, this is PROBABLY a mod interaction bug, since it worked in my last run, but I can't buy the item needed for Innershade to show up on the map. Ribald has 5 copies of an entirely blank item (no icon/zero cost). When I have my party buy one, it is non-removable and doesn't do anything. (You can't open it/look at it)

Unfortunately, since you need this item to even see the place on the map, I'm kind of stuck. What console wizardry do I need to fix this?
    I have no idea what's wrong. Looks as if your store/savegame got corrupted or a save from a different installation was used and the strings are messed up.

You can still try other ways to get the map: during the night, there should be a a thief at the promenade on the very bottom of the map. He should be right on hostile and attack you. He may also drop the map (a possibility to get it for those that can's use the map sold by Ribald). I think that also the burglar in the Bridge District has it (I think he also appears during the night)
    I started a new game from the menu after updating mods, so it shouldn't be save game corruption. However, I did notice that Ribald's copies have the blue haze - meaning that they haven't been identified yet. It then occurred to me that one of the OTHER mods I installed had a component that altered store keepers ability to identify all items. I wonder if that is what is going one - your scroll can't be identified by Ribald?

On the other hand, I was able to get a copy of The White Queen from the book/scroll seller around the corner, so I dunno. I will try the thieves and see if they have a copy for now.
    I ran across a mugger at the promenade, but no map. I also had a similar "mugger" approach the group on the bridge - again, no map. :(

I'm almost positive it was the "shopkeepers have limits on identification" mod that did it, but I'm too far in at this point to restart. Is there a way to console in the appropriate item?
    to be honest, it looks more as if the mod was installed and then something (like game update) removed it.
    That is possible. I added another quest mod (Eilistrie's Song), a NPC mod (Dace), SCS, and UB. I was using the tweak pack on the last run, but I upped the difficulty by adding in more components this time.

The question is can I recover the mod in this game?
    I really don't know. It looks as if all the conent was gone, because the store item isn't there, just a "blank space", the characters that were supposed to have the map don't have it as well... looks like tlk refferences don't exist, items don't exist... that looks like a messed up installation. You may try to install the mod again, but I don't know if WeiDU considers the mod installed or not. You may check WeiDU.log in your BG2EE directory to check if Innershade is on the list at all.
    Ok, it was installed, but there are some lines after it indicating a possible issue?

I may attempt to start fresh and re-run the whole thing.
    edited December 2019
    Ok, it WAS the identification thing. I reinstalled everything EXCEPT this by modifying the wiedu.log and commenting out the line:
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2192 // Limit Ability of Storekeepers to Identify Items -> Hybrid of Both Methods: v8

Now Ribald has the map and the party was able to make it to Innershade. Interestingly, he also only had 4 copies, since the party had bought one of the "missing" ones. Unfortunately, this also means a restart, as all of the NPC's are screwed up six ways to Sunday. :(

Could you possibly check to see what lore is required to identify the map? I'm going to leave out this mod for now, but it does seem Innershade conflicts with it.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Cheers to that - well done and thank you!
    :: facepalm :: I literally got everything up 24 hours before your post!

Seriously, I'm glad you are still updating these, so I took the hit and restarted again. I'm just putting the game in story mode to get out of ID now. However, I have enjoyed all of your mods that add new places to visit enough that it's worth the pain to get everything running properly. Also, whatever happened the last time did not happen again. I reinstalled (from scratch) everything, including the updated Innershade, and it all worked fine.

Heh... sorry. I just gathered stuff you mentioned and run the mod myself again and found some stuff. I hope you'll enjoy the new run!
  • PeppeppeiaPeppeppeia Member Posts: 2
    Hey, I played through this mod and a few of your others in the last week or two. Nice quest designs! I noticed a little problem with one item though. In Innershade I bought a "Wolf Berry" from one of the merchants that gives you permanent wolf shape ability, but I noticed after I get captured in Spellhold that the ability is gone. I wasn't really using it much, but it's a little sad it vanished. Did it get caught up with my Bhaalspawn powers or something? I think one of your other mods had the berry in it somewhere too btw.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    i5dqb2zqdwdd.jpg

Just to report that there is spacing problem for this line.

---

What a beautiful village :)
    Thank you! :)
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I have run into an interesting bug that I am not sure where it comes from. I finished the cave quest and then went to speak to Barbara. She says she will prey and I can stay in her house. So I sleep and when I wake, Arie is dead in the portraits, but she still moves and can cast spells. I can't raise her at a temple or access her inventory. I reloaded and try again and it happened again. So I loaded a third time, went to Athkatla and rested there and she is fine. Wanted to call this out in case it is something with Innershade.
    I ran into an issue with the Dream and invisibility. This isn't terribly surprising, as some of Beamdog's content doesn't react well to invisible party members either, but I figured I would mention it.
    The party was entirely invisible when they slept in the mine, and when they woke up in the dream, the quest was broken. They killed the first incarnation of the dream, but he didn't then respawn or trigger the nightmare pieces.
    Perhaps I should clear invisibility when the teams enter the Innerdream.
  • pingedpinged Member Posts: 11
    Fantastic mod. The conversations with Granny Barbara are some of my favorite experiences in BG. Just a question. Do we ever get to meet the Dream's creator? I seem to have exhausted all dialogue with the dream over the course of days.
    Thank you! And...
    Yes. You may ask Fate Spirit at one point in ToB to send you to the one that belongs with the Dream.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    Innershade is pretty cool. I think I have only two small issues:

- Something is odd with the map of innershade. It always creates some noticable lag
    when sleeping and the map seems a bit off compared to your other mods. If you
    ever find the energy and motivation to re-work it, that would be great. Also perhaps
    make it clearer that the angry bard is for other bards, so a code example "if no bard
    is in the party, make the angry bard say silly things such as "But since none of you
    fine folks know anything about poetry and music, why should I want to talk about
    these uninteresting other things?" ... or something like that, e. g. a subtle hint that
    the angry bard is meant for other bards. I only realised that he is for other bards
    after reading the thread here.

- Also for the dream ... perhaps drop a few more hints to indicate that the dream may
    talk more during the journey. When I first went through all options, I was not sure
    if I'd ever see anything else, and I ran into other problems and did not resume into
    ToB. Now that I know there is a ToB addon I'll keep a better eye on it.

And if you re-do it one day, perhaps a simpler fedex quest could be added too, such as
    hunting down some bandits that attacked Innershade.

You wrote tons of mods, some are epic, some are good, some need a little improvements.
    I love the bridges district mod, the southern district mod, White Queen. Other mods could
    need a little improvements such as Alabaster (that area was always a bit confusing compared
    to others ... but I guess reworking it may be a bit difficult. I think it should be a bit more
    rocky and less sandy, and a bit larger, and some quests a bit simplified like breaking
    gems into dusts and stuff. But don't take this too critical, your mods are most definitely
    in the TOTALITY the best. There are some other mods I can recommend though, such
    as the Dusk NPC - I think that is the best overall NPC mod, even though some of it is
    a little overpowered IMO).
    I am not going to suddenly rework mods I released more than 10 years ago and that are available in all these languages, update all translations etc. These mods are finished, released and have been available for a damn long time and I am happy with their state. Any updated will be most likely technical fixes etc.