Skip to content

If They Made a Baldur's Gate Movie: Redux, The Definitive Casting

15678911»

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2016
    I was messing around with a build for Yoshi yesterday (might be forced to take him on due to lack of evil thief) and got to thinking of casting him. Turns out I don't really know a lot of Japanese actors.

Tamoko however... Rinko Kikuchi? (Pacific Rim, 47 Ronin)

Also, John Hannah as the human Jierdan Firkraag? Saw him recently again in an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, and I was pleasantly surprised. For giggles we could get Powers Boothe (Gideon Malick, same show) as his dragon voice.

mf2112 said:

After watching "Trumbo" last night, I want to see Bryan Cranston as Edwin. He truly is a great actor.

Something about his facial features also makes me want to cast Cranston as one of the major dwarves... Ooooh or Jan!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited May 2016
    @Sjerrie Good pick! I actually think John Hannah may be best suited for Khalid (I think I may have suggested it earlier).

Edwin is super hard. I am leaning toward James McAvoy now

For Yoshimo, I agree it is hard. However, I like Shin Koyamada from The Last Samurai, especially as he is probably a little older now

mf2112 said:

After watching "Trumbo" last night, I want to see Bryan Cranston as Edwin. He truly is a great actor.

Cranston is great. I have to see Trumbo (despite hating communists! lol). He does seem a bit old for Edwin though. He would be a great Firkraag actually!
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    @booinyoureyes Nice ones! Though I feel John Hannah may be a bit too old for Khalid now... As he was in the Mummy movies I would definitely say yes, but the first one is 17 (!!) years old. Hannah is now 54. Time flies.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    I've always loved the idea behind a Baldur's Gate Movie - And so, I wrote a small speculative piece on What Would a Baldur's Gate Animated Movie Look Like?

Linked Here For Anyone Who Cares To Read: https://medium.com/covering-baldurs-gate/what-would-a-baldurs-gate-animated-movie-look-like-e986ba2f734a
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Hiroyuki Sanada as Yoshimo. He kicks ass in MK trailer.
  • LelandGauntLelandGaunt Member Posts: 83
    Melanie Lynskey as Jaheira
    André Holland as Khalid
    Jane Levy as Imoen
    Bill Skarsgård as Xzar
    Noel Fisher as Montaron
    Watching "Castle Rock" right now and damn, that cast has some serious Baldur's Gate Season One potential...
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    I would love to see Terry Crews as Minsc.

He's a really funny actor and has the body of a demigod

P-p-p-POWEEEEEEER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2SlCja3zo