Skip to content

[MOD] Journal Portrait Conversations for PSTEE

124»

Comments

• jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    One thing that I noticed is that the portrait for the Alufiend added by Unfinished Business doesn't seem to be called up when speaking to Vrischika... is there a way to patch this?

(Sorry, it's very late here- I may edit this post for clarification, when I'm not so tired.)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    jaklumen said:

One thing that I noticed is that the portrait for the Alufiend added by Unfinished Business doesn't seem to be called up when speaking to Vrischika... is there a way to patch this?

(Sorry, it's very late here- I may edit this post for clarification, when I'm not so tired.)

It depends on the order you install the mods and if that creature is correctly coded.

If you install this mod before UB then it won't show up. Also if you install after UB but the creature is coded incorrectly, the portrait won't show up.

You can use NearInfinity to locate and manually set a portrait but it won't affect your current save game after you had encountered the creature.
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16

It depends on the order you install the mods and if that creature is correctly coded.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense. I double-checked my mod order and it IS installed after UB. So I will ask on the thread for UB to ask if there's something in Vrischika's code that's preventing this mod from calling up the fan-added Alufiend portrait.

(Just an aside- although I originally got this game on Windows, I'm playing on Linux, and had the mods installed via the .exe files and Wine. I couldn't figure out how to get WeInstall to add them, otherwise. I didn't have this mod installed back on pre-EE PST, but I do remember it being available, then.)
    You can use NearInfinity to locate and manually set a portrait but it won't affect your current save game after you had encountered the creature.
    Noted for the next time I play through the game, then. I'll have to grab OpenJava from the repos since I don't have it installed at the moment, and although I've got the NearInfinity .jar downloaded, I need to do that first.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Any update on this?
    No, it is pretty much complete.
    JuliusBorisov
    I thought it was unstable?
    Thank you, it definitely makes my experience a lot more pleasurable!
    DJ_Raptor
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited December 2018
    How can I have this mod in the iPad version? Edit: Can I simply place this in the override or something without the need to jailbreak? Thanks.

Anyone? First time PST player here. The game couldn't quite capture my attention like BG did, but after seeing this mod, I felt the urge to give it a try again. Is this mod possible for iPad? I hope this can be incorporated officially by Beamdog (as a toggleable option). This doesn't feel like a mod really; it's like this should have been part of the game right from the start.

Edit: I am starting to really enjoy the game and the story. It must be the "dark" setting that I'm not used to. Once I got over that and the fact that it's not as combat-oriented as BG, like I said, I'm loving it so far even if I haven't gone far yet. Still, this mod would be a great supplement.
    Post edited by Illustair on
  • SadokSadok Member Posts: 3
    This is, without a doubt, my favorite mod for PST:EE and a real game changer. It adds so much atmosphere and makes interacting with NPCs so much more interesting. I was not expecting to need this, but now that I have it, I could not go back.
    smeagolheartDJ_RaptorIsewein
  • DJ_RaptorDJ_Raptor Member Posts: 16
    This mod adds so much theme that it should be part of the original
    Unfortunately I was unable to install it on steam version :/
  • MeToLeeMeToLee Member Posts: 19
    I really liked using Portraits Portraits Everywhere on other games so I like to use this as well but I kind of having an issue finding a download link. So I would like to know if these two wonderful mods implemented together (which would explain lack of download link) or are they still seperated?
    I just saw the download tab at the bottom of the original post I feel so dumb :D but now I have another issue. mod refuses to install :D it says its beta and asks me if I know what I'm doing (ofcourse I dont :D) then nothing happens.
    After starting a ageme or restarting the computer mod installed just fine. Such a great job with the mod. Congrats.
    smeagolheart
  • _Q__Q_ Member Posts: 48
    @smeagolheart: I used your mod once before and it worked great, but I can't get it to install properly now. Can you explain where I'm supposed to put the different files before I run the setup?
    @_Q_ It's been a while, but you should just put the setup_*.exe and the folder in the main root directory for your PSTEE game.
  • shavishavi Member Posts: 3
    I don't quite understand. For example: I just started playing the game, and I'm in Mortuary, in the first location. I have only met and talked to male and female zombies, as well as Dhall, and as the mod's description says, their portraits are not shown. But, then, when I entered the next room, there was the character Ei-Vene, whom I had not yet met, but her portrait also did not appear after i approached and contacted. Does this mean that the portraits of the new NPCs will only appear in the new locations, despite the fact that I have not met the other characters of Mortuary yet, or are there some problems with the mod and need to solve the problem?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    @shavi at which point did you install the mod? after already having started a new game?
    edited March 2021
    @bob_veng Yeah, after already having started a new game. As i said, i have only met and talked to male and female zombies, as well as Dhall, before installed the mod. And after that i met a new character, El-Vene, Dustman Female says Bestiary. Played around hour or two.
    Post edited by shavi on
    @bob_veng When i gained Third floor in Mortuary, all portrets appeared. So, i think, its based on a part of location you are situated. Anyway, thanks a lot)
    bob_veng
  • bzmbzm Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2022
    @smeagolheart
    Hi!

Hm, i have modified ui.menu, when i copy manually your code... i (still) get green corners in save avatars.
    After new game, or in existing. Is there a way to avoid/fix this? Am I doing something wrong with manuall install? ;)

Installing [Use PSTEE Bestiary Portraits for dialogue] [0.51]

v0.51, not the v0.52 ??

Thanks.
    Post edited by bzm on
  • cranium_ratcranium_rat Member Posts: 1
    Hey, i dont know if people are still active here on this post. I am interested in somehow getting this to work ( http://tchosgames.blogspot.com/2011/04/planescape-torment-portrait-mod.html ) in the enhanced edition. But i have no clue about moding or how easy it is to make the game load these portaits , or how to do them myself. i tried simply renaming the pictures to the pictures (bmp files) in the override folder and simply copy pasted them. that did not work, but maybe i did it wrong? (i assumed it would work like that, because it works like this with the HDvideo // HD background mods that i found on nexus) but it does not seem to work with these portraits. as anyone experience with this and knows how to do it? i thought it is not gonna be that hard, cause it workd in the classic version. Sorry for my bad english.
  • bzmbzm Member Posts: 30
    edited October 2023
    i tried simply renaming the pictures to the pictures (bmp files) in the override folder and simply copy pasted them. that did not work, but maybe i did it wrong?

Have you tried maybe converting (and renaming) .bmp to .png (or with near infinity to .mos) and then copying to override?

• aTRALfEUaTRALfEU Member Posts: 1
    hOW DO i DOWNLOAD A MOD AND INSTALL IT?? SORRY GUY i DONT USSUALLY PLAY ON PC.
  • popcornheadpopcornhead Member Posts: 1
    How do I download for PC? I can't find a link.