Skip to content

Ascension v2.0

Comments

• zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2020
    My problem isn't exactly about Ascension but like SCS is made by the same modder I willl post it here.

I was installing SCS but on the "smarter Beholders" component the mod simply stopped. No error message, no forced exit, simply stopped loading. I waited for 20 minutes and nothing. So I closed the mod and started again. But now all the components I already installed are not showing, like this was the first time I runned the mod. Will I run in some future trouble if I install all the components AGAIN? (the ones I already had installed before the problem).

I ask this because on some mods for you to "reinstall" the weidu program unnistall the component first and install again after that.

PS: Already reinstalled all the components (even the ones already installed from before the problem). I attached my weidu log below.
    Post edited by zohar on
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @zohar This should be in the SCS thread.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I don't know why/how this could happen, but I'm afraid it will have screwed your install. You need to reset your BG2EE install and start again.
  • zoharzohar Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, I suspect as much...Thanks for the answer DavidW, your mods are awesome!
  • lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    edited August 2020
    I have been warned against modding a game in progress, but it seems the best option for me after spending 3 months taking my character to the pocket planes. Can anyone advise me how to cut the longer road mod from the game? Is there a way to simply switch it off without touching other mods?
    Theoretically, just running setup-longerroad.exe and chosing ninstall should do it. Your other mods will be uninstalled and then reinstalled. There are lots of small (and some not-so-small) ways that can go wrong but it's probably your best bet if you want to avoid restarting your game.

• lollerslollers Member Posts: 190
    DavidW wrote: »
    Theoretically, just running setup-longerroad.exe and chosing ninstall should do it. Your other mods will be uninstalled and then reinstalled. There are lots of small (and some not-so-small) ways that can go wrong but it's probably your best bet if you want to avoid restarting your game.

Thanks, I managed to fix it now. I went back to a save before sendai, balthazar and Abazigal after making some changes and got all the way to Melissan with story mode and the godbows quickly enough. It's just caused me a day of frustration to work out the problem, so I'll take a week off while my memories of that day fade a bit.

I took your advice and removed the longer road mod. I didn't tell you too may details before, but I was actually unable to get to Melisan without cheating. I killed the raverger, as the fifth challenge to be completed, and the game told me "congratulations, you have beaten the five challenges!", only when I tried to go through that door way it just dumped me back in Balthazars room without asking me if I want to fight Melisan. I had to cheat to talk to her at all. So I was meeting her outside of the appropriate chapter of the game. That meant that there was no Balthazar with us to carry out our conversation towards the inevitable fight with Irenicus and his gang. All of this happened because of the meeting with Cyric I think. I had two alternative ways of concluding that test of cyric thanks to two separate mods, and I chose one of the alternatives (the rogue rebalancing one involving Cyrics chosen disciples) to avoid fighting cyrics back stabbers. I tried going through it the normal way this time around and the fate spirit told me I could complete the game now.

So yeah, the life of playing with mods needs a lot of caution. If I were smart, I wouldn't have made these mistakes.
    Oh the fights that erupted on here over that mod...
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,442
    edited August 2020
    nvm
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArthasII wrote: »
    Was it integrated with 2.6? The mod was never official to begin with and the ending fights is extremely cheesy.

No, for a few reasons.

1.Its unofficial new content, any of the actual bugfixes in Ascension have been in since release.
    2. Beamdog is not allowed to add new content to the EEs anymore.
    3. Even if they could, the new content in Ascension replaces original content, which Beamdog was NEVER allowed to alter outside of fixes or remasters.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    they decided against it as it was more fan made content then official. with afew exceptions like the epilouges.
  • magentacocaimagentacocai Member Posts: 1
    Wrote out a long comment about a possible bug where Demogorgon didn't use time stop, luckily I control-F'ed for demogorgon in the scs readme and found that that was disabled under improved fiends. Decided instead to just thank you for the work you've done on this mod. Before this I could never get ascension to work on BG2ee so usually just stuck to my old install of BG2, with all my old mods (including SCS 2 I believe). Now I'm enjoying all the new stuff. Although, I've got to say that I'm not the biggest fan of some of the UI changes that have been made.
    Great - glad you liked it.
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    DavidW wrote: »
    Great - glad you liked it.

Is there any way I can read the epilogues in raw text format (don't have time to replay with every NPC)? The links in the G3 readme are dead. :(
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    edited February 2021
    This is actually easy. Go to lang/English in the mod files (where you originally extracted it), and open the epilogues.tra file with notepad. The formatting is not ideal, basically it's a wall of text, but few "enters" should make it easier to read.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited April 2021
    Ascension 2.0.16
    • fixed patch 2.6 warnings by morpheus562
    • updated Chinese translation
    • update WeiDU to 247, uncompressed build

Ascension 2.0.17
    • better patch 2.6 fix by grodrigues

https://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?InfinityMods/Ascension&pkg=zip
    https://lynxlynx.info/ie/modhub.php?InfinityMods/Ascension&pkg=iemod
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @DavidW
    @ALIEN

I should thank you :)

Because your tool didn't offer an easy way to simply enter all the translated texts at once, and I was forced to do it manually one after the other, I reworked the translation, made a lot of minor and major changes, and overall made a MUCH better translation.

Anyway, the Czech translation of Ascension is now 100% complete, and if at least one of you is still at least a little active, I would appreciate it if he could release an updated version of the mod in the near future.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Edvin Happy to help :wink: new release is up: https://github.com/InfinityMods/Ascension/releases/latest

P.S. You can do massive import via uploading csv file: https://tra.bgforge.net/projects/infinity-engine/ascension/pl/#upload - everything was in official docs.
    edited February 2022
    @ALIEN
    I'm glad to see you're still active :)
    Post edited by Edvin on
    edited February 2022
    By the way, I'm currently working on restoring and editing (to make them look more HD) some of the original portraits for ToB.
    (This is no fanart, I only work with original materials, which I restore to a modern form.)
    Would you guys be interested in adding this to Ascension as an optional addition?
    Here is an example of Amylysan. Bodhi and Ellesime.
    I also plan to do all members of the five.
    sbs3ftwu2gn6.jpg74ak39txcuh3.jpg6xsy8x9n7jnt.jpg

(As for the members of the five, I am trying to find the original author of the portraits, who could still have the originals in much higher quality.)
    Post edited by Edvin on
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    That Amylysan portrait is awesome.
    That would be a great alternative to whats used in the original. Not a fan of that Bhodi
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/2/21/Amelyssan_cropped.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/930?cb=20210516122243
    edited February 2022
    Yamcha wrote: »
    That Amylysan portrait is awesome.
    That would be a great alternative to whats used in the original. Not a fan of that Bhodi
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/2/21/Amelyssan_cropped.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/930?cb=20210516122243

I cut out all three from official promotional wallpapers.
    You wouldn't like Bodhi's original look and Ellesime's portrait in game also look terrible.
    hmgczpn8mjie.jpgs54o6tp5h1ni.jpg

But I acknowledge your criticism and realize that Bodhi's eyes were not perfect.
    So I adjusted it and now I am much more satisfied myself.
    Post edited by Edvin on
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 273
    edited March 2022
    I've always wondered what is with Amelysan's expression? A motherly smile isn't what I think of once she's revealed for what she is (before the fact, sure). The restoration unfortunately has the effect of highlighting the warmth of expression; I actually prefer the original.

The other two restorations look rather derpy; gave me a good chuckle. The original bohdi looks like the stuff of nightmares for the wrong reasons; original Elisime just looks unfocused/low res, which is probably a good thing as it looks like she's having a very bad mascara day.
    edited March 2022
    I've always wondered what is with Amelysan's expression? A motherly smile isn't what I think of once she's revealed for what she is (before the fact, sure). The restoration unfortunately has the effect of highlighting the warmth of expression; I actually prefer the original.

I've always seen it more as arrogant smile of an overconfident woman.

Oh, do those pathetic mortals think they have a chance to defeat me?
    How... ...adorable.