Skip to content

Patch 2.6 Launches Today!

Comments

• ZaukodarZaukodar Member Posts: 10
    Just a quick question regarding the "Beta" 2.5 option: will that option also be made available on the Beamdog Client or is that exclusive to Steam/GOG/etc? Thanks in advance, and congratulations on the big update!
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261
    Any reason for the decision to disable stealth-ing for Simulacra in 2.6? Seems like an arbitrary and wholly unnecessary change personally.

all the notes say are:
    Simulacrums | Simulacrums and Projected Images no longer incorrectly inherit temporary abilities from casters

But stealth ability is innate in the caster just like spell-casting is, not a temporary ability, and should not be disabled per the wording of the spell:
    A duplicate of the caster is created with this spell. The duplicate is almost identical to the caster, making it a very powerful ally. It is created at 60% of the caster's level and has all the spells and abilities that the caster would have at that level. It also has 60% of the caster's Hit Points and is fully under his control.

StummvonBordwehrjasteyVicissitudeJuliusBorisov
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Find Traps / Detect Illusions is also now disabled.
    StummvonBordwehrjasteyVicissitudeJuliusBorisov
  • VicissitudeVicissitude Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2021
    kjeron wrote: »
    Find Traps / Detect Illusions is also now disabled.

Does this mean the Bard's song is also unusable with Vhailor's Helm from now on?

This is quite a brutal nerf to simulacrum... one I fail to understand since it's clearly stated in the spell's description that it's designed to work WITH the caster's abilities.

This very much looks like the overstep regarding potion stacking. Please, stop trying to nerf things no one requested, especially if it goes against the game's descriptions. This damages the overall good work to correct annoying bugs.
    Aerakar
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    A ticket, along with a fix, has been filed.
    jasteyATigersClawAerakarJuliusBorisov
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Clones should be able to use thieving abilities; this is a bug and has been filed. Otoh, they shouldn't be able to clone themselves with Shadow Twin (Simulacrum is already blocked).
    AerakarATigersClawJuliusBorisov
    edited May 2021
    What about the Bard's song with Vhailor's helm?

I started playing a Bard with the intent to use the helm to sing for me.
  • alice_ashpoolalice_ashpool Member Posts: 261

I tested and they still can - which makes the change to thieves even less understandable. Have noticed plenty of other inconsistencies too - basically which abilities work and don't work now seem even less explicable than before ;)
    VicissitudeAerakar

I tested and they still can - which makes the change to thieves even less understandable. Have noticed plenty of other inconsistencies too - basically which abilities work and don't work now seem even less explicable than before ;)

Thank you for checking it out, that's very kind of you!

It's fortunate and important that the simulacrum which is paramount for the Bard isn't ruined. I sweated for a moment there, I've planned to replay the whole saga to eventually use Vhailor's helm!
  • AerisAeris Member Posts: 1
    Also another bug that I would like to add about Simulacrum cast by dual classed mages is that, they don't have any level from the first class. 22Mage/ 23Cleric simulacrum can't cast wizard spells, or a 21Cleric/ 22 Mage can't cast cleric spells at all. They don't have anything from the first class except HLAs. And Mislead can't use bard song, is that normal ?
    Sjerrie
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Dual-classed character levels not being properly calculated is a known issue as well; we simply didn't get to fixing this in 2.6. Ideally, both classes should have their levels recalculated to 60% which removes the ambiguity of dual classed characters.

Mislead clones shouldn't be able to do anything except move so them being unable to use bard song is intentional.
    JuliusBorisovATigersClaw
  • InvasorDePastosInvasorDePastos Member Posts: 25
    @InvasorDePastos
    If you consequently crash when trying to save a game, it sounds like antivirus is blocking the game from writing the save into your Documents/BG-folder. I had the same issue some time ago. Might be worthwhile to check your antivirus for permissions.

Just tried excluding it on the antivirus, also disabling real time protection, and even went as far as uninstalling the antivirus. Didn't get any better results in any of those scenarios. What else can I do? No one else is having this issue?

Please reach out to our support at support.beamdog.com - this needs more troubleshooting help than forum comments can provide.

Hi again. Almost a month has passed since I submited a support ticket (BGCS-2912 on 21/Apr/25) about this problem and still got no answer. To further increase the problems, my last MP sessions where having crashes on practically every scene/map change. What can I do, and can something be done to get support to answer me please? :(
  • royalprotectorroyalprotector Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2021
    Um, why can't simulacrums detect traps or hide in the shadows? Tested in BG2EE using the "Shadow Twin" special ability of Shadowdancers. This did not happen in the previous version.

EDIT: Oh, whoops. I didn't notice the post above on the same topic. My bad.
    Although, speaking of Shadow Twin, I spotted a mistake there. The Simulacrum should last for 2 turns, as per the description, but it only lasts one single turn. That should be corrected. Fortunately, it's easy enough to correct using NearInfinity.
    GalactygonATigersClaw
  • RigelRigel Member Posts: 251
    Hello - sorry if the question has always been answered but I get my BG games through Beamdof, and I see that it is still the 2.5.17 version. Is it normal ?

Thanks !
  • HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    O no! I can't find Jalantha Mistmyr, and I'm under Marek poison, is it a bug or I missed something?
  • AvengerNX09AvengerNX09 Member Posts: 10
    @JuliusBorisov Are there any news about the TestFlight build of Baldurs Gate 2 for iPadOS? I am getting the M1 iPad very soon and would love to start a play test on that one. Is there any work being done on this or are you currently focusing on fixing bugs for the Windows/Mac/Linux versions before undertaking anything in the mobile sector?

I know that you said that an announcement will be made. I just would like to know if I (and others) will be waiting a few days/weeks or if that is something that will happen sometime near the end of the year or possibly even next year.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Hi!
    A few days ago I tried to login on the server and update the games. However, I get this message;

"Could not connect to the Beamdog server. Select Cancel and check your network connection before trying again or continue in offline mode".

Today I tried again and I don't get that message but nothing happens, i.e. the blue ring just spins and spins...

Needless to say, my network is fine and works perfectly. So what's up with Beamdog's server and how can I fix it?

/J
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Julius - great news, all changelogs will come in a single file in the game now?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Any idea when the patch hits GOG @JuliusBorisov?

TR

TR

Already available.

JuliusBorisov
    Hi @JuliusBorisov When will we get the 2.6 version on Beamdog client ?

Thanks a lot
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey, as stated in the article above, the patch is already available in the Beamdog Client, on Steam and GOG.
    Rigel
    Thanks a lot @JuliusBorisov . So I just need to do Verify Game and it will download the last version automatically (But I will surely need to reinstall SCS and Tweaks and all mods ?).
    Thanks for the amazing work.
    You can copy/paste your whole game folder and rename it, say, BGEE 2.5 and mods.

Then you can verify the game - it should download the last version, indeed.
    Rigel
    Thanks a lot for your patience and your kindness with an old dinosaur sometimes a bit lost in the internet world ...
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    @royalprotector wrote: »
    TarotRedhand wrote: »

TR

Already available.

Not if you do not have galaxy. I have checked again just now and the 2.6.6 patch is not available for offline installation.

TR