Skip to content

All you wanted to know about the next Beamdog's project

1798081828385»

Comments

• Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    They’re converting a game from 32-bit to 64. That can’t be easy.
    SjerrieStummvonBordwehr
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 249
    Agreed, not easy, but what did it really accomplish by moving to 64 bit? Honest question since I'm guessing this eliminated some of their playerbase who are still running 32 bit systems.
    ThacoBell
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Agreed, not easy, but what did it really accomplish by moving to 64 bit? Honest question since I'm guessing this eliminated some of their playerbase who are still running 32 bit systems.

Thank Google.
    "Starting from August 2021, Google Play will not allow applications without the 64-bit versions to serve on 64-bit capable devices. This simply means they will not be available for the 64-bit capable devices on the Play Store. This will also include all the games that are built with the help of Unity 5.6.x or older versions."

https://www.developers.dev/tech-talk/mobile-app/the-64-bit-requirement-one-year-left-alert-also-a-high-demand-for-android-app-developers.html#:~:text=The 64-Bit Requirement: One Year Left Alert Also,processors perform better and have a future scope.
    semiticgoddessSjerrieStummvonBordwehr
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 249
    So, to that effect it should have only been the Android version of the game that required upgrading to 64 bit, not everything.
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    All apple apps are 64-bit.
    TressetStummvonBordwehr
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2021

Trent comes in around 44 minutes into the video

JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrArvia
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It gives some info on bioware history and the development of the current beamdog portfolio, and it is great to hear they plan to support it for years to come.
    However, it does leave us quite in the dark for the new franchise outside that the full team is 80ish people strong now.
    kanisatha
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited June 2021
    Tax Collection Simulator 2021. Calling it now.

EDIT: Might call it 2022 at this point.
    JuliusBorisovelminster
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    I'd love if they just used the neverwinter nights engine to keep producing quality adventures to fund improving the engine. They could make a spiritual successor to icewind dale and I enjoyed what they've produced so far. Although they need to make sure the tone remains medieval/fantasy and any semblance to modernity is well veiled.
    StummvonBordwehrSjerrie
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Instead of spending time on remake pitches, @TrentOster needs to focus on getting that first original new Beamdog RPG out. :smile:
    ThacoBell
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Damn that would have been a good get.
    Sjerrie
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Wow! That so many of you would rather have Beamdog work on a remake than an original game ('cause they cannot successfully do both) is shocking to me.
    ThacoBell