Skip to content

The Blades of Netheril (inc. enhanced AL1, 2 & 3)

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    nice but i may wait for it to go on sale before i buy it. i got other stuff to play and thats what i did with daggerford.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    This looks pretty great.

Is it advisable to play through AL1 and AL2 before the premium module?
  • LukeScullLukeScull Member Posts: 17
    This looks pretty great.

I'd recommend either AL2 or Darkness over Daggerford if you want a balanced character. The story in Tyrants of the Moonsea is standalone but recognizes the hero from either game in one or two conversations.

AL1 is a very old module. There are superior modules to level your character up for AL2 or DoD.
    BelleSorciereJuliusBorisov
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    LukeScull wrote: »
    This looks pretty great.

I'd recommend either AL2 or Darkness over Daggerford if you want a balanced character. The story in Tyrants of the Moonsea is standalone but recognizes the hero from either game in one or two conversations.

AL1 is a very old module. There are superior modules to level your character up for AL2 or DoD.

Okay, thanks much!
    JuliusBorisov
  • CaesarCzechCaesarCzech Member Posts: 8
    Makes me wonder if its the beginning of the Premium modules program like Atari once had, I wonder if next on agenda is remake of Tides of Tethir or the Fourth Instalment.
    Makes me wonder if its the beginning of the Premium modules program like Atari once had, I wonder if next on agenda is remake of Tides of Tethir or the Fourth Instalment.

so far it just looks like they are finishing the modules that got cancelled. so hexcoda might be next.
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Wouldn't place a bit on it, if I remember well the sequels of Witch's Wake, Kingmaker and Shadowguards were cancelled by Atari and WotC before the end of the premium modules program because they didn't take place in the Forgotten Realms.
  • Pixel_MayhemPixel_Mayhem Member Posts: 61
    Kind of curious as to why Tyrants got the EE treatment first and not AL1 or AL2? Or is it because Tyrants is standalone it's not technically connected to the first two modules anymore?
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2019
    Is there a walk through yet on this module for zones beyond your original cancelled mod? (Interested only if I get stuck again.. my old eyes don't work sometimes and completely missed an area)
    Post edited by Emeraq on
    so i bought this after all. have not started it yet as i still need to finish the adem miller mods.
    LukeScull
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited September 2019
    I'll be buying it once it's on Beamdog's website. I just finished DoD and was going to get Tyrants of the Moonsea, but alas, it isn't available here yet. I'm having a blast with AL 1 though, and I imagine AL 2 will be great as well.

I'm excited to see The Blades of Netheril when it comes.
  • rocketrobotrocketrobot Member Posts: 2
    I've been trying to get paladin mounts to work in CToT. However, I'm terrible at this and was wondering if anyone had tried the same or had advice.

That said, I may just take Luke's advice and play Darkness Over Daggerford until AL2 is updated and on the steam workshop (or wherever).
    so i did enjoy tyrants very much. it's a pretty good stand alone module even if there are some loose ends left hanging for a 4th part to this series.
    there of course the blade itself and the traitor is still out there. he is most likely the villain of the 4th part i'm sure.

i'm curious as to what happen with that assassin you meet early on. he screamed party member to me or part of a side quest involving aster. but he is just gone after aster dies.

i do feel the 2nd half was very much inspired by dod. to the point they both end with you fighting a demon lord. altho i have not decide if i liked this or dod more.
  • SirYugi007SirYugi007 Member Posts: 13
    edited February 2020
    (Quote)
    "1) Do everything normally, but during the fight, type DebugMode 1. Then use the period key (.) to bring up the Chooser as a DM. Open the Hillsfar Arena area, and select the Announcer. Jump him to the spot where you'll go at the start of the cutscene. Then Type DebugMode 0.
    2) Finish off the golem, and the cut-scene appears to work fine.

Alazander."

OK Ok, HAD to post this as this took a couple of hours for me to try and had to share.
    1 Hit tilde key, then pause game
    2 then type DebugMode 1
    3 then enter
    4 next button you push is the period (.)
    5 you should see a interface pop window and the "Chooser" is 1st place in drop down box,now below window you will see your current area highlight it, then expand the "creatures" column
    6 then highlight the "Announcer" line at top of bottom window, you should see the actual announcer with blue blinking circle around him
    7 then hit "jump" button on top of interface display, place the announcer inside arena pit but away so your fight with magic golem doesn't hit him
    8 now you should see announcer inside pit
    9 close out interface window,
    10 then Debugmode 0
    11 unpause game and finish golem, then talk window will appear with announcer.!!!
    12 then go Praise Jesus.!!!!!!! and go back to cell and complete game
    Post edited by SirYugi007 on
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Sign me up.
  • chevalierchevalier Member Posts: 51
    Hey, Alazander. Still gauging interest? I would definitely love to play a decent custom campaign in the dozens of hours, let alone something from one of the best Hall of Fame authors and with some professional polish applied. That would be a blast and I certainly wouldn't mind buying it as a premium module priced according to length in comparison to other premium modules, or pre-ordering in a fundraiser.
    IllustairIsewein
  • barwidbarwid Member Posts: 3
    Hi there. I loved playing through ALs 1-3 back in the day. I remember AL4 being announced and was gutted it never came to be; hence finishing the story. I'd be delighted if it ever got made!
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Awww, I really hope we haven't missed our chance after the bad reviews (and presumably sales) for Furiae. I'm sure many players would love a return to this series! What Luke writes about AL4 being a tie-in to the Ossian modules sounds very interesting.
    edited December 2020
    Thank you so much for keeping us updated! That news made my day (that you're still working on it I mean, I'm sorry it didn't work out as a Premium module).

EDIT: @JuliusBorisov, I suppose that no amount of sudden gift purchases of TotM could save The Blades of Netheril's premium status prospects? ;)
    Post edited by Isewein on
  • tangelo1023tangelo1023 Member Posts: 6
    Played through Darkness Over Daggerford and Tyrants recently. Loved them both. Excited to play this final installment. Hopefully it'll be a premium module.
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Don't get your hopes up
    megamike15
    Played through Darkness Over Daggerford and Tyrants recently. Loved them both. Excited to play this final installment. Hopefully it'll be a premium module.

it's not.
  • Emardon_LareousEmardon_Lareous Member Posts: 60
    I did the AL1 through AL3 campaign recently as i got excited by a new chracter concept. Would happily buy a 4th part with the polish that TotM got.
    Any chance for an update @LukeScull ? Hope the muse isn't playing too coy.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    I do know that he has recently been busy signing copies of some of his "The Grim Company" novels for Forbidden Planet.

TR
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I got all excited about this and then saw the release date is 2022. XD

Also... "Waking up in a dark cell with no memory of they how they came to be there" is giving me "Oh Gods, you're gonna strip my inventory from my imported character, aren't you?!" vibes. :P
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2021
    One little detail I missed on my first read-through of the above. It's going to be FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd have been quite willing to pay up to £20 for it based on Luke's (and Ossian's) previous work. No wonder it won't be available 'til next year.

TR
    IseweinZaxares