Skip to content

Ask Beamdog

Comments

• SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Greetings.

Any news / possibilities about iwd2/nwn2 enhanced editions?
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited July 2021
    Beamdog has repeatedly said no. The sources for IWD2 are lost to time (before you even think about uttering the word decompiler, have you seen the garbage that they produce when the right information wasn't baked in at compile time) and the rights to NwN 2 are owned by somebody else. So no chance (probably).

TR
    Prince_Raymond
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    SorrowSeer wrote: »
    Greetings.

Any news / possibilities about iwd2/nwn2 enhanced editions?

the closest thing that we are ever going to get for an IWD 2 EE is this fan made mod that is being worked on now, and they are looking for beta testers;

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/79872/icewind-dale-2-enhanced-edition-is-here-and-the-red-chimera-group-is-looking-for-playtesters/p1

and if you look through the pages, you will see that they are not amateurs when making this mod, they are implementing and fixing a lot of things and improving the game dramatically, take a look if you are interested
    Timbo0o0o0bleusteelStummvonBordwehrSorrowSeer
  • Match451Match451 Member Posts: 54
    There's GemRB, an open source reimplementation of the Infinity Engine. In 10 years, maybe IW2 will be completeable.

https://gemrb.org/Features.html
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Not sure if this has been asked already but will the new game be available for mobile?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    Hi there

I know that you are busy with the 2.6 patch for Android. But I hope you are soon moving on to the iOs version. I have a few questions in the regard:

1) Will the upcoming 2.6 patch for iOS work for every iPad and iPhone? And what iOS veraion will be required?
    And will they work for iPad mini as well - there might be issues with resolution ?

2) will the iOS versions be moddable like the NWN version? Or do we have to use the workaround/tinkering that _Luke_ has found out?

The above mentioned tinkering would require that the now shut doors in the IWD and PST version are now opened.

Br

Duns Scotus and SvB
    Acifer
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Hm, booted up some old games and wanted to know, out of the proverbial horses mouth, what it would take for beamdog to make an enhanced edition of the Ravenloft series and Menzobaranzen, with multiple bug fixes and/or clean up options so that you can play from one to the next in the order that you choose. Honestly, It'd even be nice to get an estimated idea of baseline cost to even go about doing this.

Fixes/Alterations I'm looking for:
    Keyboard binding

Thief Standardization (HiS, Backstab if hidden, etc.) Just want them to actually be viable and not a waste of space.

Enhanced Horror Elements (just following the original solutions ends up doing more harm than good as they were and are all traps left by Strahd; mirror left an evil spirit in priest [need to actually find and give him those holy symbols you find], werewolf made the new progenitor on a timer, Paladin actually an antipaladin that wants to desecrate the holy symbol, etc.)

Restoration Spell (Scrolls primarily, so that I don't have to treat joinable NPCs like level drain shields)

Removal of step locking and updating the enemy AI to take that into account.

Fixed ranged weapon attacks

Visual clean-up

Fixing magic items, for example having the gauntlets of dexterity correctly set dex to 18, instead of giving a +1 to said stat.
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    shout27 - you forgot updated gfx like the enhanced edition of quake did. ;)
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    shout27 - you forgot updated gfx like the enhanced edition of quake did. ;)

Nah, what I forgot was stack-able scrolls, spells, arrows, and other misc. ranged ammunition.

Additionally, making the spell selection icon based like the IE games so that it (the icon) can take up a select space for identification but also speed up scrolling for multiple spells in the case of cleric/mages.
  • maruderusmaruderus Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021
    IWD, PT, BG1 and BG2 has been released on Epic Games Store, are there any chances for epic overlay/achievement implementation for those games?
    I would really love to play those games again, and having epic achievements would be a great incentive for me personally and pretty sure it would be very appreciated by Epic Store comunity.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    With the impending release of Windows 11 on October 5, 2021, how will it affect the distribution of your games and their system requirements?
  • kokarol91kokarol91 Member Posts: 24
    Can anyone tell me why there is no Polish localization added to Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear for consoles? from what I saw other locations added in patch 2.6 are on the console and work, so I'm wondering about it, it's a bit annoying waiting a few months for it, knowing that the Polish version is already on pc
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    kokarol91 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why there is no Polish localization added to Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear for consoles? from what I saw other locations added in patch 2.6 are on the console and work, so I'm wondering about it, it's a bit annoying waiting a few months for it, knowing that the Polish version is already on pc

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/1100218/#Comment_1100218

We don't have plans regarding adding the Polish translation of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear to the console version of the game.
    why? a group of Polish translators gathered to translate your game so that other players can play in their own language, if there are other translations added why can't it be?
    ATigersClawPrince_Raymond
    @JuliusBorisov well, thanks for the comprehensive answer for customers who buy the product from you, it seems to me that if someone does the work for your customers, it would be decent to add it to the product, if not some specific arguments, thanks for nothing as they say
  • ATigersClawATigersClaw Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 161
    Is there any rough ETA for the 2.7 patch of the BG series and IWD @JuliusBorisov?
    HafirAaemforever
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Can I import my 2.5 savegame (End of SoA in EET) to start ToB playthrough on 2.6?
    Ive forgotten the constraints, it's been a few years and I couldnt find when searching. I recall mods have to be reinstalled/break when patching. Thanks
  • Solid5mokeSolid5moke Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022
    I bought neverwinter nghts 3 times. The last time, I bought it on steam as the Diamond edition. I did this so that id own it forever. Now you've removed it completely and replaced it with a so called advanced edition. I'm not buying the game a 4th time because you stole my digital copy. I wanted diamond editon back on the library or i want a refund for the entire game.
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Solid5moke wrote: »
    I bought neverwinter nghts 3 times. The last time, I bought it on steam as the Diamond edition. I did this so that id own it forever. Now you've removed it completely and replaced it with a so called advanced edition. I'm not buying the game a 4th time because you stole my digital copy. I wanted diamond editon back on the library or i want a refund for the entire game.

For a refund you have to ask the store where you bought it or the company that made it. Diamond Edition was Bioware, not Beamdog. And you couldn't even buy it on Steam. Also, is that you complaining about the same issue on Steam in 2018, but claiming you redeemed CD keys there and then lost the CD?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/704450/discussions/1/1741100729948524631/
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Question: When we'll get a new update for Planescape: Torment? Last year it was told that a new update was coming, HOPEFULLY with the interface's changes i suggested.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hey all! I want to be sincere and provide some insight into what's been happening at Beamdog over the last few months.

IE games, NWN and Axis & Allies 1942 Online will continue to be supported. We're still working on bringing the 2.6 patch to the App Store. We want to bring the improvements visible in the Switch port of PST:EE with the last patch from January (text corruption bug and merchants' crash) to other consoles (Xbox and PS4). We pulled Axis & Allies 1942 Online from the App Store in order to work on the black screen issue and fix it (the game will return after it's done).

But all our focus has been on a new game, our first new IP. More news very soon.

Thanks so much for all these years of staying in the community and providing invaluable feedback to us. Sorry that we haven't always been quick to react to your questions, but with limited resources and manpower, we still tried to address all ongoing issues. Please keep being passionate about these games, they still matter a lot to us. We will continue to support them, but most likely you shouldn't expect big new features coming into these games. I don't have any news about new updates for PST:EE on PC/mobile and new localizations for IE games.
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    Great. So the consoles versions will treated by you lik a third wheel even more. We'll remember that.
    Is this really such a problem to implement polish translation to SoD? It's avaliable on PC and Android version for such a long time!
    edited April 2022
    @JuliusBorisov Why no announcement on here about Myth Force now that you've revealed it on Xwhatever? Also just been to Epic and as yet there is no price for it. So how much will it cost?

TR
    Post edited by TarotRedhand on
    @JuliusBorisov Why no announcement on here about Myth Force now that you've revealed it on Xwhatever? Also just been to Epic and as yet there is no price for it. So how much will it cost?

TR

29.99 USD. Also, MythForce now has its own forum section. ;) We also have a Discord server. https://discord.gg/mythforce
    Thanks.

TR
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    We will continue to support them, but most likely you shouldn't expect big new features coming into these games..

Hi Julius,

to clarify—these games will continue to receive bug fixes, just not new content. Is my understanding correct?
    Correct!
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Correct!

Thank you, Julius.

Kudos to the team for continuing to deploy bug fixes for these games so long after their release. If any games ever deserved this kind of longstanding support, it would be the IE games.
    It's not that easy, but we keep doing it!