Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Pathfinder 2: Wrath of the Righteous

1181920212224»

Comments

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Ammar
    Thinking less pure idea of spellcasters and more themed at this point.

My very first playthrough of kingmaker I was a necromancer, I only or 90% of the time focused on Necro spells with only rarely using some stuff like DD and haste early game was a struggle, but around level 10 and up is when things started to be come real fun throwing around circle of death, animated dead and create undead, undead grasp, boneshatter and such.

My second playthrough right now is a tss wraith, and as you guessed it using 90@% my preferred school spells. Yea it's not the most optimal, or min max but I'm only really playing on challenging and hard not unfair plus I prefer roleplaying my character anyways.

Currently I'm trying to test out a illusionist/enchanter mage in the rogue like dungeon. And I'm learning some of the dumbest things are immune to either illusion or enchantment...

Tried to Do a pure alternations mage but that failed hard. Even tried to Dona full divination mage...go ahead you're welcome to laugh. I didn't realize just how little spells that school actually had in game even with mods, wish there was a way to actually separate the spell list by schools and not just by levels.
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    Wizards are still good to get access to loremaster, hell knight signifier or arcane trickster earlier and has very cool archetype wizards.
    Yes that's the exact thing I don't want to do... Honestly that's the logic I never understood about BG and PF, what's even the point of giving me things like wizard types and sub schools if it doesn't actually let me play up that very school or subtype. To me thata literally the opposite of specializing should be doing.
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    One of the changes mentioned in the lattes patch notes was more Finnean the talking weapon interactivity with party members. It's likely this was already in the game, but there were bugs preventing his dialogue from appearing. I found new dialogues ingame, as early as before Daeran´s party. Well, I´m afflicted by restartitis anyway so it´s a good time to find out.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    It's a good game to replay with all the mythic paths and builds.
    One of the changes mentioned in the lattes patch notes was more Finnean the talking weapon interactivity with party members. It's likely this was already in the game, but there were bugs preventing his dialogue from appearing. I found new dialogues ingame, as early as before Daeran´s party. Well, I´m afflicted by restartitis anyway so it´s a good time to find out.

Wait, a talking weapon?

Oh god I'm getting flash backs of steve the talking slingshot... Please tell me it trash talks people and enemies!
    DragonKing wrote: »

Wait, a talking weapon?

Oh god I'm getting flash backs of steve the talking slingshot... Please tell me it trash talks people and enemies!

He wouldn´t be a talking weapon if not ha ha

that trope is also present in other games. I love the Polly the parrot pet in Wasteland 3 that also trash talks the enemies to demoralize them.
    Hmm, I would say the sword is behaving more like a person, not like the prototypical talking sword, like say Lilarcor who is all about killing stuff.
    So what are general thoughts on the companion quality here (more writing, not builds)? I really like Regill & Ember.
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Ammar wrote: »
    So what are general thoughts on the companion quality here (more writing, not builds)? I really like Regill & Ember.

I like most of the characters a lot. Daeran was fantastic. Regil is great too. Seelah's self deprecation was pretty hit or miss (more miss than hit), but I didnt mind her. Also really like Wenduag (Lann seemed hokey in the little bit I got to play with him).

Arue is supposed to be CN, but felt way more CG. I liked the concept a lot, but the execution left a little to be desired.

Camelia was helpful, was she not? (also... interesting side story)

Ember was pretty neat, although she feels almost like she would have better as more fleshed out non companion than in the party.

Had a hard time connecting with Sosiel. At first Nenio was entertaining, but eventually her interjections became sort of 1 note, and because she was the only level 9 non innate arcane caster I had, I used her a lot (probably too much).

All in all, I'd say I liked the cast in this game more than KM.
    Reddit seems to worship ember, is she like the mc daughter or something because from what little I seen it seems like she's kin to the mc some how.
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Ember is a hundred year old elf with some mental trauma from seeing her father die then, and being burned at the stake for being a witch. She has the mind of a child, and tries to find the good in everyone, even attempting to pray to the demon lords to get them to stop causing suffering. Shes not your daughter, but shes genuine, good, and endearing.

Regill is cold, calculating, ruthless, and is willing to do whatever it takes to stop the demonic invasion and bring order the the worldwound. He is Lawful, he is Evil, and he isn't power hungry.

Arue is CN just because shes working to be CG. In the pen and paper adventure, she starts at CN and has to do a certain number of good deeds to turn CG, but loses credit for some if she does something evil.
    edited November 2021
    The thing that is endearing about ember is that, mixed with his innocent and childish behavior she sometimes show wise remarks far above her age. Kinda the kid from the "Emperor´s clothes fable" she is the one that truthfully tells the king he is naked when anybody pretends they do not see it. She has a very steady moral compass.
    I assume that´s why she has been chosen by a patron like the Empyreal lady Grandmother crow, despite her age. I usually gave Ember a walking staff for lore reasons =D

Only Wendu seem to regard how sharp and dangerous she really is, the others treat her as the orphan street kid the MC adopted.

Post edited by PsicoVic on
    Not quite, Regil of all people respects her a lot too. At one basically he says if Kenabres had 150 Ember it would never have fallen. Most of them are quite protective of her.
    edited November 2021
    Ammar wrote: »
    Not quite, Regil of all people respects her a lot too. At one basically he says if Kenabres had 150 Ember it would never have fallen. Most of them are quite protective of her.

What has to do the respect with considering her dangerous? Of course they are protective, as I said, they treat her as the orphan adopted kid of the MC.
    I think you sometimes go overboard in your eagerness to revise things other people say, most of the time the things you disagree with are not even there...
    Post edited by PsicoVic on
    edited November 2021
    f4twym3yol7u.png
    I love how even Lann´s pet joins the commander to beat him up in the mock fight scene

When a bug becomes a feature because it really seems something that would happen to Lann.
    edited December 2021
    Omg, the forum is back...
    Also guess who's been playing WOTR?

So let's get obligatory DK statements out of the way...

Arueshalae is beat girl, this is nonnegotiable.
    Camellia is a close second.
    Ember deserves all the head pats
    Nonio doesn't deserve all the hate she gets.
    Nurah should've been a companion.
    The gnome is overrated and annoying.
    All the undead companions were just missed opportunity honestly.

Eff golphry

Yay no times quests.

And honestly, I for the most part disliked every other companion who is not Azu.

I hate how majority of story choices are either aeon, angel, or azata while lich seems to have freaking less than the trickster.

Having late game mythic paths is just downright stupid, legend, golden dragon, and devil should really be unlockable alot earlier, especially golden dragon and legend!

I freaking love everything about the lich but the fact I'm forced to just be blantly evil, I wanted to be my usual chaotic neutral self, but noooooo I had to become evil. Doesn't matter RP wise I using arueshalae romance as the catalyst for my mc to reject full on lichdom, the hero of the crusades turned from evil because of the love of a succubus, based.

I love the dimension door actually let's to travel to different heights in such, I'd never make it through the abyss without that one spell.

I hate race locked classes.

I can't decided if the shaman class is ungodly powerful or extremely restrictive to to this being a crpg.

I think Im in love with the spell master class.

And finally my biggest issue with the game.

Really, no archmage mythic paths? It could've been nice to see someone like
    Jatembe or baba Yaga take the commander under their wing and spread the knowledge of the the archimages to them.

Post edited by DragonKing on