Skip to content

[MOD] DLC Merger: Merge Steam/GOG SoD DLC or custom DLCs with the main game

Comments

• jankmasterjankmaster Member Posts: 41
    I currently am unable to run the shell because it's from an unidentifiable developer according to my computer, I'm using a Mac. Any suggestions?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    jankmaster wrote: »
    I currently am unable to run the shell because it's from an unidentifiable developer according to my computer, I'm using a Mac. Any suggestions?

I don't own a Mac, so I can't tell exactly how to circumvent the increasingly restrictive security measures of macOS.

However, if you have trouble installing this mod then you'll most likely have the same trouble with any other mods as well since they all use the same installer binary.

Looking for potential solutions I found these articles. Maybe they provide a solution for your problem:
    https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/
    https://techsviewer.com/3-ways-to-allow-installation-of-apps-from-anywhere-in-macos-catalina/
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    DLC Merger has now replaced Modmerge as the pinned topic.
    MidnightVoyagerAaemforevermegamike15
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 207
    edited July 2021
    I get an: "installed with warnings". Is it fine anyway?
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    I get an: "installed with warnings". Is it fine anyway?

Yes, it's fine. It looks like there is a file "webcache.zip" or "webcache.mod" somewhere in one of the supported DLC folders. That file doesn't appear to be a legal DLC archive and has therefore been skipped by the DLC Merger with a warning. It can happen with the mod option you have chosen.

If you just want to merge "Siege of Dragonspear" then I'd recommend to use the first mod option (Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC) to avoid false positives like that.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 207
    edited July 2021
    Thanks. Appreciated the fast response. By the way, what are these other DLC(s) that I could want to merge?
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Thanks. Appreciated the fast response. By the way, what are these other DLC(s) that I could want to merge?
    There is only one official DLC available: Siege of Dragonspear. However, there is another mod called DLC Builder which can be used to create custom DLCs from your own mod installation.

These custom DLCs can be merged with the main game again (e.g. to be able to change the mod configuration) by using the second option (Merge user-defined DLC) or third option (Merge all available DLCs) of the DLC Merger.
  • kingkiddkingkidd Member Posts: 1
    Ok, so I have BG1 and BG2 from steam, but I don't have SoD. I wanted to use the SoD to BG2 items mod still for BG2. Would I need DLC Merger for that to work, or will it work regardless?
    kingkidd wrote: »
    Ok, so I have BG1 and BG2 from steam, but I don't have SoD. I wanted to use the SoD to BG2 items mod still for BG2. Would I need DLC Merger for that to work, or will it work regardless?

The DLC Merger is only needed if you have SoD from Steam or GOG. Otherwise, there are no special dependencies with other mods.
  • In_A_GraveyardIn_A_Graveyard Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2022
    Hello @argent77 ,

I'm currently attempting to run dlcmerger on a bgee game directory and getting some errors. Full details could get a little long, I've recreated a bgee game directory on Android and am attempting to test out different mods. I'll attach the .debug.

I realize there could be quite a few variables as to where the errors are originating.

The iag_sod dlc file is an exact copy of the steam sod dlc.

Any thoughts welcome.

Edit: I can manually move resources into place, at which point would it be possible to just merge the .key files?

Update: I believe I've tracked down the issue and it had to do with case sensitivity. For some reason, my tolower cmd wasn't able to work in the temp directory created by dlcmerger. (Probably permission?) Anyways, I edited dlcmerger.tph to create a file in the root game directory instead, after running dlcmerger once (with a failure due to capitols on the unzipped output), I ran tolower again, and then dlcmerger again, which completed successfully.

Update: Using tolower on the sod directory before archiving to sod-dlc has seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks
    Post edited by In_A_Graveyard on
    Hello @argent77 ,

I'm currently attempting to run dlcmerger on a bgee game directory and getting some errors. Full details could get a little long, I've recreated a bgee game directory on Android and am attempting to test out different mods. I'll attach the .debug.

I realize there could be quite a few variables as to where the errors are originating.

The iag_sod dlc file is an exact copy of the steam sod dlc.

Any thoughts welcome.

Edit: I can manually move resources into place, at which point would it be possible to just merge the .key files?

Update: I believe I've tracked down the issue and it had to do with case sensitivity. For some reason, my tolower cmd wasn't able to work in the temp directory created by dlcmerger. (Probably permission?) Anyways, I edited dlcmerger.tph to create a file in the root game directory instead, after running dlcmerger once (with a failure due to capitols on the unzipped output), I ran tolower again, and then dlcmerger again, which completed successfully.

Update: Using tolower on the sod directory before archiving to sod-dlc has seemed to solve the problem.

Thanks

Good to know that you've identified (and solved) those issues.

I know that zip-specific error messages are a bit vague because they are not forwarded to WeiDU. I'll see if I can find a way to improve the situation.
  • BruddaDavidBruddaDavid Member Posts: 2
    Hi what does this mean ?

[C:\Games\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-DlcMerger.exe] WeiDU version 24700
    {setup-EET.exe} Queried (pid = 272) version = 24600
    Newest WeiDU is version 24700, updating!
    WeiDU files in version order:
    [setup-DlcMerger.exe] version 24700
    [setup-bg1ub.exe] version 24700
    [setup-EET.exe] version 24600
    Copying [setup-DlcMerger.exe] -> [setup-EET.exe]: true

Choose your language:
    0 [English]
    1 [Deutsch]
    Using Language [English]

Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk

Couldn't open the readme: file not found.
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1
    Continuing despite error.

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING: @0]?
    [N]o, [Q]uit or choose one:
    ERROR: No translation provided for @1
    1] UNDEFINED STRING: @1
    ERROR: No translation provided for @2
    2] UNDEFINED STRING: @2
    ERROR: No translation provided for @3
    3] UNDEFINED STRING: @3
    Did you unpack the whole zip archive to the game directory?

You should see the "setup-DlcMerger.exe" file as well as the "DlcMerger" folder with 4 subfolders and 2 files when you open the game directory in the file explorer.
  • BruddaDavidBruddaDavid Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2022
    argent77 wrote: »
    Did you unpack the whole zip archive to the game directory?

You should see the "setup-DlcMerger.exe" file as well as the "DlcMerger" folder with 4 subfolders and 2 files when you open the game directory in the file explorer.

yeah thank you, I just took the things from "DlcMerger" folder and put them in the directory, anyway thanks for clarifying it works now
    :smile:
  • vortex577vortex577 Member Posts: 3
    I have BGEE and SoD from GoG. If I understand correctly I need to run DLC Merge before installing any mod.
    Is this the correct way:
    - install BGEE
    - install SoD
    - install DLCMerge (I used option 1)
    - install mods (CDTweaks and Unfinished Business)

Or should a different procedure be selected?
    edited May 2022
    vortex577 wrote: »
    I have BGEE and SoD from GoG. If I understand correctly I need to run DLC Merge before installing any mod.
    Is this the correct way:
    - install BGEE
    - install SoD

Yes, that looks fine.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • vortex577vortex577 Member Posts: 3
    argent77 wrote: »
    vortex577 wrote: »
    Is this the correct way:
    - install BGEE
    - install SoD

Yes, that looks fine.

Ok. Thanks
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Is there a way to use this but still have BG:EE start by default (rather than SoD, having to click through its film clip every single time)?
    Isewein wrote: »
    Is there a way to use this but still have BG:EE start by default (rather than SoD, having to click through its film clip every single time)?

If it's just the cinematics you'd like to skip, there are several options:

1. Disable all movies completely. It can be done with this baldur.lua option:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Disable Movies','1')

2. Disable only the game's opening cinematics:
    Unpack the attached zip file into the "movies" folder of the game and rename it to "sodcin01.wbm". It's an empty dummy movie without content. Make a backup of the original file first if you'd like to restore it sometime.
    You can do the same for "logo.wbm" (Beamdog logo) and "intro.wbm" (BGEE intro) if you want to get rid of all cinematics that are played back when you start the game. "intro.wbm" can be found in "lang/en_US/movies".
  • HustlanenHustlanen Member Posts: 2
    Hello people,

Don't know how active this discussion is at this point, but I'm having issues with using the DLC Merger with the GOG version of BG EE. It seems that everytime I try to run the setup-DlcMerger.exe, it fails to unpack the sod-dlc.zip because "DLC archive is corrupt or incomplete".

I've attached the .debug file here if anyone with more knowledge could take a look and provide some advice. I've tried to re-install the game multiple times, cleaning up the installation folder completely before hand, as well as restarting the PC. Also tried installing the game with the GOG Galaxy client, as well as just downloading the offline installers for both the base game and the DLC, and just installing through them. Didn't help unfortunately.

I know the Merger readme mentions that "WeiDU currently fails if the path to the DLC archive contains spaces", which my installation path does, but I've tried the suggested workarounds in the readme and they are not helping.

So maybe this has something to do with the merger .exe not having enough permissions to process the .zip file (through I've triend running as admin and giving all permissions to all users for the .zip file), or there is something wrong with the current version of the DLC downloaded from GOG.

Hopefully I'm just missing something obvious!
    @Hustlanen According to the attached log there is nothing wrong with the mod itself. It looks like the merge operation cannot be completed for some reason.

The log doesn't list any data extracted from the DLC, which suggests there is something wrong with the DLC zip file or its content. Look for the "sod-dlc.zip" file in the game directory or "sod" subdirectory and inspect its content in the file explorer. It should contain 6 folders (characters, data, lang, movies, music and override) as well as one file (mod.key). The DLC file size should be slightly less than 2 GB. My version of the file is 1.931.414.699 bytes. Exact size can vary slightly depending on the patch version of your game.

If the file looks right then it is possible that some antivirus or security tool is interfering with access to the file during mod installation. Also make sure there is enough free space available on the drive where the game is installed. You need at least 2 GB free space.
  • HustlanenHustlanen Member Posts: 2
    @argent77 Thanks for the quick answer. I checked the DLC .zip and it contains all 6 of the listed folders and the mod.key -file. The file size for me is 1 931 414 699 bytes so exactly the same it seems.

My drive also has 45,3GB of free space, so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm only using default Windows 10 firewall / antivirus, but I also just tried disabling them just in case and restarting the PC, still getting the same error from the merger.exe.

I'll propably try installing BG and do the DLC merging on my laptop next to see if the issue replicates there.
  • NeigeNeige Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2023
    Hello,

I am trying to install SCS for BG:EE. I got BG:EE from steam, so I should merge SoD with BG before installing mods. It seems that modmerge is not supported anymore, so I tried DLC merger.

When asked, I indicated "sod-dlc.zip" (thanks to this forum, as it is not clear in the readme) and I got a message indicating everything went well. I have a new directory "workshop" with a file sod-dlc.mod (I also had sod-dlc.zip.mod later) of size around 10MB.

But the problem occurs when I want to install SCS, I have an error message saying that I should merge SoD and BG with modmerge before installing it :(.

Thank you for the help.
    edited March 2023
    Neige wrote: »
    Hello,

I am trying to install SCS for BG:EE. I got BG:EE from steam, so I should merge SoD with BG before installing mods. It seems that modmerge is not supported anymore, so I tried DLC merger.

When asked, I indicated "sod-dlc.zip" (thanks to this forum, as it is not clear in the readme) and I got a message indicating everything went well. I have a new directory "workshop" with a file sod-dlc.mod (I also had sod-dlc.zip.mod later) of size around 10MB.

But the problem occurs when I want to install SCS, I have an error message saying that I should merge SoD and BG with modmerge before installing it :(.

Thank you for the help.

Did you really install DLC Merger? There is also a mod called "DLC Builder" which does the opposite and creates a new DLC archive instead. It sounds like you installed the latter by accident.
    Post edited by argent77 on
    edited March 2023
    Indeed, I used DLC Builder. Thank you, but I still have the same issue when trying to install SCS.

Is it normal that there is no link to DLC Merger in the first post of this thread?
    Neige wrote: »
    Indeed, I used DLC Builder. Thank you, but I still have the same issue when trying to install SCS.

Is it normal that there is no link to DLC Merger in the first post of this thread?

The link is in the very first line of the first post, in big letters. The coloring changed to dark gray when the forum software was updated some time ago, so it can be overlooked rather easily. Unfortunately there is no simple way to fix it without losing the whole formatting.
    edited March 2023
    Any idea why I still have issues to install SCS, though DLC Merger installation was sucessful?

Edit: Version of BG:EE 2.6.6.0, version of SCS is 34.3
    I can't speak for SCS specifically, but mods generally check whether the file "sod-dlc.zip" exists in the game folder or the "dlc" subfolder. If DLC Merger was successful then it should have renamed the file to "sod-dlc.disabled". If you still have the file created by your previous attempt with the DLC Builder then delete it and try installing SCS again.
    Yeah !! By renaming the file "sod-dlc.zip" it is now working. Thank you !

Besides, I am not sure if I needed to merge, since the directory "dlc" already contained a file "sod-dlc.disabled"
    Ok, SCS has now been installed and everything seems ok.

What I wanted was two instances of BG:EE, one with SCS and one without SCS (for multiplayer games). So my configuration is as follows:
    - One full steam installation
    - A duplicated directory from the steam installation, updated with DLCMerger and SCS.

In order to install SCS, I had to rename the file "sod-dlc.zip", but after that I had to rename that file back to launch the game.