Skip to content

[MOD] Dragonspear UI++ (v2.42)

Comments

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    edited January 2023
    My biggest gripe, and it is minor, is that I wish the spacebar button progressed the dialog conversation the same as hitting the return/enter key.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    My biggest gripe, and it is minor, is that I wish the spacebar button progressed the dialog conversation the same as hitting the return/enter key.

open UI.menu in override folder, search for "on space" and delete it.
  • GloriousCheeseGloriousCheese Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2023
    @Pecca Just discovered a minor issue with the Multi Portrait Picker. Custom portraits are not sorted by gender. If I disable Multi Portrait Picker and use the scrolling list instead, then they're sorted by gender properly. The portraits were named according to the readme, using f# and m# as prefix, and the whole filename is within 7 characters. Is that how it's supposed to be or is it a bug?

Another issue would be the APR tooltip not showing in the inventory screen.
    Post edited by GloriousCheese on
  • BerinvarBerinvar Member Posts: 19
    @Pecca love your work and the bestiary looks like an amazing addition to what will undoubtedly become the go-to UI mod for the EE's. Impressive stuff.

Dare I ask if you have an ETA for the mod, or even a beta version of it?
    edited January 2023
    Just discovered a minor issue with the Multi Portrait Picker. Custom portraits are not sorted by gender. If I disable Multi Portrait Picker and use the scrolling list instead, then they're sorted by gender properly. The portraits were named according to the readme, using f# and m# as prefix, and the whole filename is within 7 characters. Is that how it's supposed to be or is it a bug?

IIRC Multi Portrait Picker does not contain function to sort by gender, but it will be available in the new mod with the new portrait picker.

Berinvar wrote: »
    love your work and the bestiary looks like an amazing addition to what will undoubtedly become the go-to UI mod for the EE's. Impressive stuff.

Dare I ask if you have an ETA for the mod, or even a beta version of it?

The new mod is very close to be ready for beta release. I have put on hold all additional work on another skins and features, since it lasted forever to finish, so the only thing left to do is cross game compatibility. Beta will be available for BG games, including EET.
    There is a random game-crashing bug though that I need to track, so that might still slow things down.
    edited January 2023
    The new mod is very close to be ready for beta release. I have put on hold all additional work on another skins and features, since it lasted forever to finish, so the only thing left to do is cross game compatibility. Beta will be available for BG games, including EET.
    There is a random game-crashing bug though that I need to track, so that might still slow things down.

Awesome. Thanks for the answer and I'm looking forward to the beta release.
    Pecca wrote: »
    Just discovered a minor issue with the Multi Portrait Picker. Custom portraits are not sorted by gender. If I disable Multi Portrait Picker and use the scrolling list instead, then they're sorted by gender properly. The portraits were named according to the readme, using f# and m# as prefix, and the whole filename is within 7 characters. Is that how it's supposed to be or is it a bug?

IIRC Multi Portrait Picker does not contain function to sort by gender, but it will be available in the new mod with the new portrait picker.

I see, thanks for the clarification.
    What about the missing tooltip for the APR within the inventory screen? Will that be added back in future releases?

What about the missing tooltip for the APR within the inventory screen? Will that be added back in future releases?

There is no tooltip, because there is no default information about APR bonuses in the UI. The APR itself is just additional information to damage IIRC.
    Anyway, there will be no more updates to the current mod from my side. I have released it to the community some time ago to do what they wish. The new mod I'm working on was supposed to be a large update but raised out of scope of it, being a largely new mod from scratch.

There is no tooltip, because there is no default information about APR bonuses in the UI. The APR itself is just additional information to damage IIRC.
    Anyway, there will be no more updates to the current mod from my side. I have released it to the community some time ago to do what they wish. The new mod I'm working on was supposed to be a large update but raised out of scope of it, being a largely new mod from scratch.

Oh, ok. Just thought that a tooltip can be added to just display it as 'APR', because it's not too obvious just looking at the icon. Anyways, thanks for making this great mod. Hope that you'll have success with your new mod.
  • calahircalahir Member Posts: 3
    Why readme warns about pressing F5? What happens after doing this? It's thieving abilities, it's quite hard to refrain from pressing this button.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    edited January 2023
    calahir wrote: »
    Why readme warns about pressing F5? What happens after doing this? It's thieving abilities, it's quite hard to refrain from pressing this button.

The readme is referencing a function of the game's "UI Edit Mode". When it is enabled, F5 reloads the UI code, which, given the warning, I'm assuming Dragonspear UI++ was not designed to handle. If you haven't enabled UI Edit Mode via editing Baldur.lua you don't have to worry.
    Post edited by Bubb on
  • calahircalahir Member Posts: 3
    Bubb wrote: »
    calahir wrote: »

The readme is referencing a function of the game's "UI Edit Mode". When it is enabled, F5 reloads the UI code, which, given the warning, I'm assuming Dragonspear UI++ was not designed to handle. If you haven't enabled UI Edit Mode via editing Baldur.lua you don't have to worry.

Thanks for the explanation.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 209
    The anticipation is really itching me. Been checking this topic everyday for an update, hoping you're going to release the beta. I hope the time is near!!

Also, if you release the beta, more players = more testers

• morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 250
    edited February 2023
    Request for stat page: Is there a way to display total damage a character deals? I would personally prefer this over the amount of exp per kill they receive.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2023
    You're not the only one who looks at this topic every day, I'm waiting for his new mod to start a new run. I can't wait :blush:
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    Ok I'll join too :smiley: to the waiting line. You can check the star symbol to bookmark the topic and get an e-mail notification.
    edited February 2023
    Same here. Checking every day. I am planning to replay BG1 and 2 in preparation of BG3 but I don't want to do it without the new mod 😉
  • skushaskusha Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2023
    Need help fixing one bug in the latest version of Dragonspear UI++ when installing on IWDEE. .

The point is that the chapter changer window has not been changed to Dragonspear UI style and remains default (except for the buttons):
    Icewn004.png
    Unfortunately those people ( @pecca, @meowdog , @artyfox, @cdx ) who previously supported this mod are not active by now and will not be able to help...so looking for people who know lua and UI modding and can fix this bug. I also need help with adding one function to IWDEE UI that will allow me to create only one main character. To do this, it is necessary to patch ui.menu, replacing one string there.

For an analogy in BGEE, this window looks like this:
    Baldr001.png
  • AscalyonAscalyon Member Posts: 9
    Hi there,

Did anyone ever find a way to make the game load directly into Throne of Bhaal’s menu as it does with SoA and TBB, and with the three campaigns of BG1?

In Baldur.lua, the line SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Active Campaign','X'), where X is the number associated with the active campaign, is modified when exiting the game. In BG1, the main campaign is 0, SoD is 2 and TBB is 1. In BG2, SoA is 0 and TBB is 1, but ToB is not 2, nor any other number I tested, so the game never loads directly into ToB’s menu.

I am not entirely sure, but I think the problem is related to the way the const.START_CAMPAIGN values are presented in BG2’s UI.lua as opposed to the way they are in BG1’s.

I tried all the permutations of which I could think, but to no avail. Any help would be more than welcome.

Cheers!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Endarire wrote: »

Hi @Endarire. I do not use EET.
    Berinvar wrote: »

Awesome. Thanks for the answer and I'm looking forward to the beta release.

@Pecca Any updates on the beta? It's been a couple of months and a lot of us are waiting with bated breath ;)
    Hi all, I've been away for some time for some RL stuff. Looking at the mod now, I have trouble remembering what needs to be finished, as I haven't left myself a good (any) documentation.
    I'm thinking of releasing the mod as it is now in beta status. I cannot guarantee it is free of crashing or game-breaking issues though. I cannot even guarantee fixes for reported bugs in timely fashion, though I would try. Is there a demand for such release?
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 122
    No prob at all, release as it is, ppl will help ya to find the bugs. ;)
    Is there a demand for such release?

There sure is! :smiley:

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I'm thinking of releasing the mod as it is now in beta status. Is there a demand for such release?

Yes, please. Release the kraken! ;)
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    Hi all, I've been away for some time for some RL stuff. Looking at the mod now, I have trouble remembering what needs to be finished, as I haven't left myself a good (any) documentation.
    I'm thinking of releasing the mod as it is now in beta status. I cannot guarantee it is free of crashing or game-breaking issues though. I cannot even guarantee fixes for reported bugs in timely fashion, though I would try. Is there a demand for such release?

Let us test the beast!
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    1b3f8094-4183-499e-a135-148dc056799a_text.gif
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    edited March 2023
    @Pecca
    Yeth pweath! Release your beta! Others will break stuff for you!

Also remember the notes I sent you on the G3 board directly.
    Yes, please release the beta. We'll gladly test it for you.