Skip to content

Favorite joinable Forum Member in the BG series?

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Anduin : Well, I thought dogs are in general lactose intolerant no?

And no, my avatar isn't what species I am. Boovatars just set the mood for me. I reckon I was in an evil doctor mood for long enough now, but I can't make up my next Boovatar. Maybe David Booruso. Sunglasses, nice ginger wig. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-- sorry, got slightly over the limit of sense there :P

I am a dog-kind of guy, which is kind of silly considering I could eat tons of cheese. Guess I'm a wolfwere then XD
    Anduin
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Mortianna A Necromancer NPC that joins the party would be more interesting a than a new enemy, in my opinion. So why would you join CHARNAME? :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @Quartz, i hope you realize, if Quar Dorn's dialogues are not to our liking, you're gonna have some explaining to do!
    Quartz
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AHFMornmagorQuartzEudaemonium
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @mlnevese

Velsharoon attained godhood in 1368 DR: the same year BG takes place. I've always wondered why there were no references to him anywhere in the series. Mortianna could be an agent of Velsharoon's new "church," looking to join up with competent allies toward attaining knowledge and power -- all for the greater purposes of the new god of necromancy and, of course, herself.
    mlnevese
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Anduin said:

@Anduine :) Gotta catch me first... Pretty sure I can run faster than you in my leathers than you in your full plate!

Tyr and I are more than capable of catching you, whether a Potion of Haste happens to stumble across my path, or you learn the painful ending to the classic tale "The Tortoise and the Hare", no evil shall escape us.

Anduin
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @Shandyr i almost feel sorry for Quartz, he's gonna have to romance ALL those people :p

Too much love and only one Quartz around.

Sorry bro, the Knights of the Flaming Fi(r)st will not save your ass this time :P
    [Deleted User]AHFQuartz
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Shandyr, @Cheesebelly, Sure, dogs are welcome by me as long as they accept kitties as pack members. I guess I could pretend to have regular wild dogs or wolfies who come when I cast Summoning I or Summoning II, who have names. I wouldn't want them getting hurt or killed in battle, though. Maybe a werewolf druid, or a nice hellhound like Ruffie, would be best, because he or she would have plenty of strength and magic to defend him or herself. My regular familiar kitty stays in my pack most of the time. I just can't stand the thought of his getting hurt by a trap or a stray fireball, high magic resistance notwithstanding. If he's not in my pack, he's using his 99 percent stealth action, and staying far away from danger.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTH
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 2012
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud: level 3 cute kitten. Seen around Cheesebelly a lot. Usually they can both be found wandering about Belgarath, being part of his 'kitten pack', but thruth be said, they have more attention for eachother than for Belgar. Can cast web of cuteness 3 times a day: the vocal component is meeow, the gesture is roll on her belly and start waving about her paws. The effect: everyone who doesn't make a save with a -4 penalty, stops what their doing and go cuddle Kitteh_On_A_Cloud till Cheesebelly chases them away,.

@Cheesebelly: level 4 cute puppy (he's been around longer). Seen around Kitteh_On_A_Cloud a lot. Suffers from a distraction curse. Everytime he's in a dialogue and Kitteh_On_A_Cloud says something cute to him, he loses all attention to other participants and turns his attention to his Kitty. Rumour has it she suffers from the same curse as well. The Flaming Fist put out a reward for anyone who finds out where the curse was coming from. The reward should be big though, because cute puppies can have fearsome bites and Cheesebelly doesn't want the curse to be lifted at all. Cheesebelly can cast Cheery bellows, also know as cheerful comments, 2 times a day/level.
    [Deleted User]Cheesebelly
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mortianna said:

LOL You've found me out!!! It's been my secret campaign this entire time to have a BG NPC named after me. Yeah, sure, I'll die some horrible death at the hands of CHARNAME, but not before costing him/her the expenditure of a few potions, wand charges, restoration spells, and a memorable dialogue! ^.^

Ahaha, yeah but good luck getting someone to make another Necromancer when there's Xzar around ... unless they wanted to make your character ... you know ... romance Xzar. >:D
    Mortianna said:

Like others have said, I cannot think of Dorn without thinking of @Quartz. I think we're going to be expecting a lot more out of Dorn because of this, since Quartz has "Detect Bullshit" as an innate ability and can "Create Humorous Post" 10 times/day. ;D

Damn, I must have a pretty awesome kit! "Detect Bullshit" almost made Mountain Dew spew out my mouth, thanks hahaha.
    Mornmagor said:

@Quartz, i hope you realize, if Quar Dorn's dialogues are not to our liking, you're gonna have some explaining to do!

I know right? After this I'm really hoping I actually like his character. If not ... it will be sad day for sure lol, but I'll just use the excuse that I think his portrait is sexy. Heeheehee
    Mornmagor said:

@Shandyr i almost feel sorry for Quartz, he's gonna have to romance ALL those people :p

Sorry bro, the Knights of the Flaming Fi(r)st will not save your ass this time :P

Ladies, there's plenty of Dorn Quartz to go around.
    MornmagorMortianna
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Son_of_Imoen: Aww, such a cute story, thank you. You really made me laugh at the 'waving about her paws' part. I totally imagined it. XD As for @Cheesebelly: I'll give you a hint: It's got to do with bloodpacts...muahaha. *sinister grin* XD
    Cheesebelly
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud, dear... you don't "sinister grin" us all after an evil laughter. Makes the latter useless XD
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    mlnevese said:

Oh boy, one of the developers is a pokemon. Should we be worried? :)

THERE IS NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT HUMANS, RESUME YOUR DAILY ACTIVITIES.
    mlneveseAnduintrinit
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Anduine I will steal and hide Tyrs holy symbol! Even if you catch me, you dare not kill me or the where abouts of the holy symbol will forever be lost... Plus while were at it can you tell me if your detect evil spell works while I am wearing this cloak of non-detection... :)
    Mortiannalolien
    And so it began... The Anduin(e) saga. A tale retold for generations. An unrivaled adventure that changed our world forever.
    AnduinMortiannaSon_of_ImoenBrude
    edited November 2012
    Guys... I just counted the number of NPC's we have created and we have so far... 34! (Not including the 24 incantations of Quartz Il Khan)

Lets push it to 40 and maybe the developers can create a town for all of us to live in!

@mlnevese

Lvl 3 Human Thief (Swashbuckler)
    This charming rogue can be found many an eve (and many a morn too...) in the local taverns up and down the sword coast. For a beer he will regale you of his past adventures and his shenanigans escaping armies of Orcs, Flaming Fi(r)st Enforcers and molested Nuns. However he can be melencholic, when asked about the strange spelling of his name...
    Milnevese adventured into the Firewine ruins with his comrades, who on finding the going tough wanted to return to the service.
    "Fight on you fools!" cajoled Milnevese. "I can do it! I can vanquish these undead automaton on my own!"
    One of his comrades, a mage, announced "No. we stay together as a team. Together we are stronger. If we part ways we will fall. There is no 'I' in team."
    "Damn your eye's mageling!" cursed Milnevese "I AM THE TEAM!" And proceeded down a corridor leaving his companions behind.
    Milnevese fought on and discovered a treasure trove. Gold coins, diamonds, magical armour and weapons heaped in an entangled mess. He could not stop to collect it. The undead would rise again as soon as he had dispatched them. He called for his companions but they could not here him and fought his way back, and there he saw his friends slain... Above each of the bodies a ghostly wraith hovered... Above the tattered and torn remains of the mage the wraith solemnly spoke, whilst looking down sadly at his once living form... "I was given no protection, so could not cast my spells. I was overcome." Above the cleric, his gut rope spilling from a gash in his midrift, the wraith moaned "I was given no warning of the trap that ended me, so I fell here"
    Milnevese in remorse whimpered " I didn't want this to happen!" The wraiths floated nearer chanting " I, I, I, I "
    "I thought you would be OK" Milnevese stammered on... "I, I, I, I" droned the wraiths. "I was careless, stupid, arrogant!" cried Milnevese, a touch of hysteria reaching his voice. "I, I, I, I" The wraiths formless hands extended towards Milnevese "I AM SORRY!" screamed Milnevese. At that moment the undead from the crypts of Firewine, howled and charged the dark corridor towards him. The wraiths of the mage and cleric continued past Milnevese and began to glow with a beautiful inner light. For a mere second, Milnevese saw his friends as they were when they were living. "Remember Milnevese," the mage intoned whilst his arms made a complicated dance in front of him "There is no I in team" A wash of flame exploded from the mages outstretched palms reducing the corridor to a conflageration of flame. The cleric smiled and held his hand in salute... "I would go Milnevese..." The corridors roof then began to cave in, Milnevese did not need to be told twice and escaped back into the open air...

Milnevese always remembered his friends. Always retorting and reminding his companions that there is no I in team... and today, in honor of his fallen friends, there is no I in Mlnevese!

@Nathan
    Lvl 3 Halfling Bard
    Nathan, even to other halflings, is very small. However he likes to let other people know he is there by poking them... In fact his nickname is the pokyman. Although small, he has outstanding ears the size of dinner plates with which he can hear a wide spectrum of sounds above and beyond what other mortals can hear... Although what other people call sound he has to call audio as he can be pretentious. His arrogance of his own intelligence can also be astounding at times... Ask any question and he will have an answer, challenge him at any game, he will say he will 'own you'. Some people call him the QA man because of this, some people call him much worse...

@KeithS

Lvl 3 Thief Gnome
    KeithS dreams of developing an amazing game that has the massed ranks of two opposed armies of foot soldiers clash, where knights charge across the battlefield in there chosen colours of pure white for good and dark black for evil. Clerics could swoop and protect the lower orders whilst Kings and Queens hid in castles or blazed across the field cutting down swathes of victims. (In fact KeithS had the novel idea of 'promoting' a lowly foot soldier to King status if they got to the other side of the battlefield...) KeithS is constantly told that his game has already been invented and that he should just get over it and play chess like everyone else.

Jeeeez... Sorry for the typing got carried away...

EDIT: See below post for explanation... Sorry Nathan, couldn't resist to give you some extra low blows at the same time ;)
    Post edited by Anduin on
    mlneveselolien
    edited November 2012
    @Anduin I'd like to formally request that that description become @KeithS's instead of mine. He's the game designer, I'm the audio guy/QA guy ;)

Besides, I'm clearly something out of the Monster Manual, anyway.

edit: I'd take any of you on in Chess!
    Anduin
    Nathan said:

edit: I'd take any of you on in Cheese!

FTFY.
    lordkim

Nathan said:

edit: I'd take any of you on in Cheese!

FTFY.
    ..wut
    Cheesebelly
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

*blink blink blink* Sorry, I'm immune to charm. Only one person here can charm me :P

Wth !!!!??? Besides me ??? Who !!!!!!!??????

I know you got a lady in here, dont you ;)

As I said in another thread, @Nathan is an Ur-Quan in disguise. I didn't believe that story about Pokemon or monster from the monster manual for a second.

[Deleted User]Anduin
    @mlnevese No love for the character NPC I created for you? No love? No Like? What did I do wrong? ME NEED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM !
    @Anduin Calm down! :) See I liked it, I just forgot to like it when I read it :)
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    Mornmagor said:

@Quartz said

Ladies, there's plenty of Dorn Quartz to go around.

you reply with a smug smirk, but notice how the original comment refers to ass. if the dorn turns to be bi, you're in for a quite a (unexpected) ride i think XD
    QuartzMornmagor
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    trinit said:

you reply with a smug smirk, but notice how the original comment refers to ass. if the dorn turns to be bi, you're in for a quite a (unexpected) ride i think XD

Trust me I've considered that possibility. Regardless I'm not even sure what I'll do if that turns out to be the case lol.
    trinit
    edited November 2012
    @mlnevese :0 Did I sound angry... Sorry... I basically read through all the characters to see if anyone had made you a character... A chore in itself... That you didn't have a character was quite a shock so I made you AN EPIC!

I actually thought you would be a Paladin... but you seem to well rounded a character to be a Paladin...
    Quartz said:

trinit said:

Trust me I've considered that possibility. Regardless I'm not even sure what I'll do if that turns out to be the case lol.
    As I see it you got two options... Change your sexuality or change your avatar picture... I know exactly what you will do for the cause :)

edited November 2012
    @Anduin Actually when I read it I was reading in my cellphone and forgot to like it.... Although I really thought a swashbuckler a strange choice :)
    Anduin
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    This thread is pretty great.

I do not have the time but I will contribute. I promise. Pretty sure @Cheesebelly is going to be a gnome cleric/thief because I mean why not be the silliest possible class combo, and @Quartz would also have to be something crazy like that. @balgararthmth would be the bard because he's a music teacher IRL so, like, duh.
    CheesebellyAnduin
    @sandmanCCL : yeah, that sounds about right. Maybe half-orc rather than gnome, but simply because of my RL stature (6'4'', 220 pounds XD ) - but when it comes to picking a C/T (my favorite class, probably because it's silly as you said) I'll pick gnome about 80% of the time :)