Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm just hoping that it's smooth in a week! Excited on this end - both to see the familiar stuff and to have a slight sense of newness.
  • IcallhimlecobraIcallhimlecobra Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2012
    Senash said:

As others said before, and to whom I have listened:
    - Uninstall the game from Control Panel.
    - Launch the BGEE Installer (It will still be there where you downloaded it)
    - Get over 1 MB/s speed insted of 8 B/s
    - Download the game within an hour

After trying reboots, creating firewall rules and waiting a lot, this worked like a charm for me!

This worked, i'm now downloading at 1.2 mb/s

thanks

Pre-load now finished, took about 15 mins total after uninstalling and then reinstalling.
  • shawnppickettshawnppickett Member Posts: 25
    Well, I set the download using the Beamdog client, just started it last night and let it run. The download finished ~6am this morning, I've glanced at the manuals, now it's just waiting for the unlock...
  • PorphyraPorphyra Member Posts: 10
    Download went smoothly for me, but it's almost painful having it on my harrdrive and not being able to play it :-)
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mine just got done. It only took one hour. Had 600 KB/s - 700 KB/s on average. :D
  • saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    it's stopped at 1.3 gb it needs a fraction more .............why me ?
  • saffon69saffon69 Member Posts: 58
    whoooohhhhooooooo ...I got it ......bring on the 28th...my birthday and the rebirth of BG:EE....was that too epic or not enough ?
  • NicoNico Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Thx
    Post edited by Nico on
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Im at work at the moment,up until yesterday was having issue with been stuck at getting download info or connecting... cant wait to retry as i get back home with the new servers. Hopefully will work fine and can finally download it :)
    Cheers for the great support :)
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    3.20 AM Finaly i got full speed, finally programmers did something witch that. Finnaly i can say thanks...
  • I just downloaded the files via torrent, but I noticed that the files downloaded are fewer than the ones the BGEE installer is trying to download. What's that for?
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    and finally i can shat up.....;d
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    This may be a foolish question but I downloaded the game, got a box that said BG download was complete, however I can't find any sort of BG icon or file to click on? I searched the general program files and found nothing. I wanted to read the manual, etc and can't find anything. I did use Beamdog and seem to have that successfully installed on the computer. Any help any one could render would be appreciated. Thanks
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • YuweeYuwee Member Posts: 30
    Or you could just get them here...

http://www.baldursgate.com/manuals.en.html
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    All I have in the Beamdog folder is Beamdog (which brings up the download application), then unistall, and then website. I don't have any other options
  • flare100flare100 Member Posts: 9
    Just uninstalled my current download and restarted. Had the game downloaded in fifteen minutes. Roll on the 28th!
  • Griffonclaw39Griffonclaw39 Member Posts: 1
    I can't help, but smile. Yes, I am getting the, "Getting download info..." error, but that means people are jamming the lines to get this awesome game. November 28th isn't coming around fast enough!
  • TeacherTeacher Member Posts: 5
    Downloading now. So far so good. Pretty excited. :)
  • GatsnardretschGatsnardretsch Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Downloaded the whole night here in Germany.

From 5 o'clock afternoon till now.

Downloader said 10%. The File was stuck over two hour's at 1,32 GB.

Then i signed in for this Forum to ask how big the file finaly has to be.

Tadaaa: Preload complete!!! :D

PS: But i have to say that i deinstalled and reinstalled the downloader yesterday late evening.
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 4
    So far I still can not download the game. When using Beamdog I am trying to download baldur's gate, but I keep receiving messages such as: limited connectivity: one or more games can't be downloaded. I am seeing this message for the last 16 hours. So far I only managed to download 236 MB before this message showed up. Trying the other option in the download mail gets met jammed as well saying that the launcher doesn't work any more. Are there still any other people out there suffering from this and if somebody have a solution for me please let me know. I am an old rpg veteran and really look forward playing the game that brought me so much joy back in the times

• BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    *aarrg* still getting the "verification failed due to server error" error....

i have the torrent and gone through the instructions. do i even have to use the installer therafter?
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Uninstalled the game and then re-launched using BG:EE installer instead of beamdog client. I now get 700KB/s, download should take less than an hour.
  • gdubbs66gdubbs66 Member Posts: 29
    edited November 2012
    Trend Micro Internet Security was very nasty...it completely deleted by installer because I left the computer for a day while it was downloading and apparently the program thought I was getting hacked. I will try again tonight and this time turn the program off before I start downloading.
  • MarkalethMarkaleth Member Posts: 9
    As expected the download downtime is fixed and by the 28 i'll have my computers prepared to re-embark on one of the best adventures gaming has ever seen! Really looking forward to it!
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    It must have happened while I wasn't looking, but I'm at 100% downloaded now. So, great. :)
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    Preload complete! it took 40mn. Thanks to all for the tips (uninstalling the game first) and thanks A LOT to the BG:EE team and their support. Cheers.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I think It took about 16 hours for me to download it using the Beamdog client (with P2P Turbo turned on), I'm in the UK.

I'm a bit confused about some of the advice to improve download speeds here, should I try to re-install anything prior to the 28th, to ensure faster downloading of the final part of the game?
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I de-installed and re-installed the installer yesterday, with the announcement by @philipdaigle that new servers would be online in a few hours, I shut down my computer to try again in the morning and now it's doing fine! No more 'connecting', but at least a continuous download, though it goes up and down from 700+ kbps to just 10 B/s. Now it's just be patient. Maybe play some SOA, hope its doesn't interfere the download when my rig is busy playing old Baldur's Gate.
  • LaurentiusLaurentius Member Posts: 5
    my download was stuck at 3-4 B/sek (practically 0) all day yesterday.
    It spiked sometimes but never got higher than 100 KB/sec.

today it wouldnt even get the info. (was at 1,1 GB though)

I then deleted all data on my drive and reinstalled the launcher/installer.
    restarted the whole process and had the complete download in 12 minutes.

Maybe when you delete everything and restart the process you get on a new server...?