Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    mch202 said:

Just a question (stand alone installer)
    it's ok that predownload bar stops at about one-half? I've downloaded about 750 Mega, but then process have stopped (without any message, I could still see the speed download), and after having closed the window and reopened it a message tell me that preload is complete.
    It's all ok?
    Or maybe I've to clean the installation and re-lauch it?
    If so, how can I do that?
    I see only the installation of the installer by now.
    Thank you,
    Bye

(I've already emailed support)

Check the size of the folder you have downloaded to..

Ok, thanks

In Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder properties I've found:

1,34 GB
    749 files, 51 folders

Is it ok?
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited November 2012

mch202 said:

Just a question (stand alone installer)
    it's ok that predownload bar stops at about one-half? I've downloaded about 750 Mega, but then process have stopped (without any message, I could still see the speed download), and after having closed the window and reopened it a message tell me that preload is complete.
    It's all ok?
    Or maybe I've to clean the installation and re-lauch it?
    If so, how can I do that?
    I see only the installation of the installer by now.
    Thank you,
    Bye

(I've already emailed support)

Check the size of the folder you have downloaded to..

Ok, thanks

In Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition folder properties I've found:

1,34 GB
    749 files, 51 folders

Is it ok?
    Hmm.. my folder is:

1.34 GB (1,444,346,711 bytes)
    750 Files, 51 Folders

Its look like you are missing a file, but I'm not qualified to tell you if its ok or not, maybe @PhillipDaigle can help you.

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited November 2012

749 files, 51 folders

That sounds about right. I have 750, but one file is from Phillip Daigle to solve the error I was having.

750 files, 51 Folders.
    1.34 GB (1,442,122,193 bytes)

749 files, 51 Folders.
    1.34 GB (1,442,121,678 bytes)

Edit: Try deleting the 766.beam and 766.status files in the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data directory, then relaunch the installer just to check that you do have al the files.
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    you can have dirfences form download witch beamdog client and bgee:installer your 0766 folder witch data schoudl have 740 files - 49 folders. Btw if somebody have trace files in instalator folder they have bigger files number. Don't occupeid your head witch sucha thinks if installer/client check alll files and say it ok, its okey. Yo can delete 766.beam, and 766.status and instaler/client will check your instalation again and download osme missing files if you have those :).
    Yep, After updating the launcher I have 749 files so I guess its right.

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    @mch202 you updated the launcher manually by downloading the new one or it updated itself automatically? Because mine doesn't prompt me to update anything o_O, although my installer file is version 2.3 and the new one is 2.4.
    Mornmagor said:

@mch202 you updated the launcher manually by downloading the new one or it updated itself automatically? Because mine doesn't prompt me to update anything o_O, although my installer file is version 2.3 and the new one is 2.4.

It updated itself automatically, I just clicked on the BG:EE.exe and it asked If I want to update the launcher..

edited November 2012
    Weird, it doesn't do the same for me /scratch head.

Well, i uninstalled everything for the lols and re-downloaded the new installer, it d/l everything in about 15 minutes.

Still, i can't understand why i didn't get a prompt to update the installer before.

Before i uninstalled everything, the version of the game was 2.3, now it is 2.4.

Weird stuff, don't mess with the voodoo i guess o_O

However, the launcher although supposed to prompt for an update, never did so in my case, even after closing/restarting it (before i uninstalled).
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    My desktop shortcut of the BGEE.exe didn't ask for an update when I started it up on mine either.

However, I opened up the BGEE folder and started up the BGEE.exe directly from there and it said there was an update, so that should probably work for others if they don't get the update prompt on their desktop shortcut.

That would explain it, but i don't understand why the shortcut didn't do the same thing. Maybe it's something the devs should know.

@mch202 did you get a prompt to update the launcher when you clicked the shortcut, or the BGEE.exe in the BG:EE folder?

If the same thing happened to you, then it's an explanation, but also i would like to know why the shortcut for the launcher doesn't prompt for an update.

If it doesn't prompt now, how will i know it will prompt later?
    Mornmagor said:

That would explain it, but i don't understand why the shortcut didn't do the same thing. Maybe it's something the devs should know.

@mch202 did you get a prompt to update the launcher when you clicked the shortcut, or the BGEE.exe in the BG:EE folder?

From the BGEE.exe in the installation folder.

• ThorThor Member Posts: 10

My desktop shortcut of the BGEE.exe didn't ask for an update when I started it up on mine either.

However, I opened up the BGEE folder and started up the BGEE.exe directly from there and it said there was an update, so that should probably work for others if they don't get the update prompt on their desktop shortcut.

It won't check for an update unless you right click BGEE.exe and "Run as Administrator". It's the same as installing BG1 on Vista or Windows 7 in the Program Files folder. It's a Windows Security thing.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I'm using the Client, and when I restarted it, it prompted that there was an update available...
    I'm using Win 7, but I have an aversion against installing anything in the "Program Files" folder, especially games, so that might be why it worked for me?
    edited November 2012
    Other patchers/launchers for games i know, for example Diablo 3 or WoW, even if you run from the installation folder or from the shortcut, will update as intended, without you needing to run as administrator or anything.

So it still leaves my to wonder how come this works like it does. A patcher or launcher is just that after all, it will update as necessary.

Anyway, since it works like that(i hope so :p), we should be fine for the next time :p
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I had BGEE pinned to my taskbar and got no update option when I brought it up - but I did get the option when bringing it up from the start menu (Win 7) - when I asked to update it did not appear that anything happened (- after giving it permission to change files -) within a second or two it just closed the interface.

When I bring up BGEE I get the installer and the bar on it says Preload complete with no option to do anything else other than go to the manuals. I have 1.34 G 749 files 51 folders so it seems to be complete - I can't figure out where to see what version installer I have tho. (tech challenged curmudgeon LOL)
  • mickyh44mickyh44 Member Posts: 32
    Now that the preload is complete, the waiting is even worst...
    @Wanderon, go to BG:EE installation folder, mouse over BG:EE, and wait, it will bring some details, saying file version : something. It should be 2.4.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598
    I have a MacBook... That means - I CAN'T PRELOAD!

GHHAAAA!!
    Mornmagor said:

@Wanderon, go to BG:EE installation folder, mouse over BG:EE, and wait, it will bring some details, saying file version : something. It should be 2.4.

That worked looks like I am good to go -

New question- they are talking about making the other 500MB available starting monday? What exactly does this mean - will the game still be locked until the 28th or does that download actually unlock the game?

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Wanderon

I imagine it means that the game will still only be unlocked on the 28th, but that you can download the rest of the files early.
    @Tanthalas - yeah I thought that was what it meant...thx
  • cas206cas206 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    They probably don't want more angry posts on why the 500 MB won't instantly download :D However, hopefully they are contemplating an early entrance for preorders / predownloads.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    My pre-load has been completed for a couple days. I ran the BGEE launcher to get the updated version and nothing happened, or at least did not appear to happen. I had to manually download the BGEELauncher.exe to get the updated 2.4.0 version. Is that expected?
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    I tried to run it as well earlier and did the update (took nearly 1 second?) but nothing happened.
    Where you see the version?
    I use the stand alone patcher.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    From my earlier post....

To see the version, hover over the BGEE.exe in the BGEE folder.

edited November 2012

My pre-load has been completed for a couple days. I ran the BGEE launcher to get the updated version and nothing happened, or at least did not appear to happen. I had to manually download the BGEELauncher.exe to get the updated 2.4.0 version. Is that expected?

@bigdogchris

If you use the launcher desktop shortcut, according to some people, it won't update, but if you open the BGEE.exe from the installation folder or run the launcher as administrator, it should update then.

I don't know why this happens, i expected the launcher to update no matter where you run it from, other launchers don't do this.

I had the same problem.
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    Wish I could have played it during this weekend, would have been good timing. But...I am glad it's installed.
  • NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Troodon80 said:

749 files, 51 folders

That sounds about right. I have 750, but one file is from Phillip Daigle to solve the error I was having.

750 files, 51 Folders.
    1.34 GB (1,442,122,193 bytes)

749 files, 51 Folders.
    1.34 GB (1,442,121,678 bytes)

Edit: Try deleting the 766.beam and 766.status files in the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data directory, then relaunch the installer just to check that you do have al the files.
    Done,
    The check has been successfull; total bytes are exactly 1,442,121,678 , as you have written.
    I think I'm ok...I hope XD
    Thx!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    @Mornmagor

Thanks for the update. I do not have UAC on so run-as administrator should not affect it.

For those who did successfully get the updated client, did it say that an updated downloaded or just go right back to "pre-load complete"?
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    edited November 2012
    I got 749 files,and 51 folders.
    total bytes are... 1.34 GB (1,442,352,820 byte)
    current version of the BGEE.exe is 0.2.4.0