Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• patbakerpatbaker Member Posts: 21
    mine downloaded but cant play
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Nice new sound sets. Pretty good stuff.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    /cantwait!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Seems we can't listen to the new soundsets yet. You can listen to the old ones because I sure as hell remember "OF COURSE HEHEHEHEH YEA"
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    hmmmmmmmm i neeed to delete 766.beam, and 766.status, becouse my download wont start what is the problem ?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Flashburn said:

Seems we can't listen to the new soundsets yet. You can listen to the old ones because I sure as hell remember "OF COURSE HEHEHEHEH YEA"

Yeah we can. We totally can. I did. They're pretty good.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    Also nice movieclips.

There are some missing, but accordig to the dev´s, the deleted them.

quote Trent O :

We removed a few videos as they did not meet the quality bar and we decided to put more time into the game itself instead of redoing them
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    blackpits move ist best i want play it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Grabbing the final 500 now. With P2P on I'm getting almost 2 MB/s, which is my limit.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    hmm so humour me people, for i am verily dumb and confused....my preload says it's complete and all, but pre getting the last 500mb i had 740 files and 50 folders...a little less than most are saying...plus, there was no bgee.exe file that some have posted about...so have i done something wrong? after getting the last part, my folder now tells me i have 928 files in 56 folders...is this correct, please?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    @rufus_hobart

Close the launcher. Go into your installation folder\Data and delete 766.beam and 766.status. Rerun the launcher and it will rescan and download any missing files.

That said, I was looking at some of the files and was listening to the voice sets. I see Female and Male 1-3 are the old voice sets and they sound very good. However, some are missing. There are new ones though. Did you guys pull out some of the old ones?

Of the new extra sets, Mark Meer (male5), Nicola Elbro (female5) sound good. I can't tell if Gord Marriott did male6 though.
    935 Files, 57 Folders
    1,77 GB (1.905.856.966 bytes)
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    What are you all using to listen to the files?
    vlc for the movies.. guess you can use it forthe music also.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    yeah i had seen that tip earlier so already did that, stayed the same for me. but thanks a lot for the tip @bigdogchris, much appreciated.
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Thank you, @Lordkim. Not sure why it didn't find that program itself.
    Interesting look to the videos. I'm so accustomed to the originals. It's going to take a lot of deaths to get used to the new deadhand video.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

hmm so humour me people, for i am verily dumb and confused....my preload says it's complete and all, but pre getting the last 500mb i had 740 files and 50 folders...a little less than most are saying...plus, there was no bgee.exe file that some have posted about...so have i done something wrong? after getting the last part, my folder now tells me i have 928 files in 56 folders...is this correct, please?

@rufus_hobart, is that second pair of numbers from the Data folder? If so then, yes, it appears to be correct. I have ~1.77 GB in 928 files and 56 folders.

I assume that the executable files will be ready to download upon reaching the release date.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738

That said, I was looking at some of the files and was listening to the voice sets. I see Female and Male 1-3 are the old voice sets and they sound very good. However, some are missing. There are new ones though. Did you guys pull out some of the old ones?

Only soundsets that aren't there are the BG2 ones. The BG1 ones should be there (or at least we have them in the beta).
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    It took under five minutes for the remaining 500 MB to download using the updated Client.
    Now, there's just the waiting game... :-)
  • ThorThor Member Posts: 10
    500MB Preload Complete. Top speed was about 450KB, averaging about 300KB and took just under an hour from Australia. Ironically the 1.3GB download only took 42 minutes but at least I'm one step closer to playing BGEE.
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73
    Downloading now the 500mb...going from 150-200kb/s using the stand alone patcher. :)
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Verification failed due to a server error.

Do I need to wait the torrent version for dl this game ?
    Kerozevok said:

Do I need to wait the torrent version for dl this game ?

Have you tried restarting your Client/Launcher, and if so, did it inform you that there was an update available?
    If I were you, I'd try to reboot my pc, and try again.

Good luck.
    @Kerozevok
    If you are using the stand alone patcher,try uninstalling it from control panel and reinstalling it from fresh.
    It fixed for me couple of days ago.
    Hope that helps!
    finished the 500mb pack.
    now I got 1.77 GB (1,906,093,899 byte) for 935 files,into 57 folders.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    @Bytebrain @Nemissa

Already updated the launcher.

Already changed my password 3 times.

Waits an answer from the "support@beamdog" since 3 days.
    @Kerozevok
    There should be no need to change your password...
    Strange that you haven't had an answer through the support yet, my impression from the other posts here have been that they've been very supportive when ppl have problems..

I'm sorry, I don't really have any more helpful suggestions.
    @PhillipDaigle may be able to help you out?
  • Vonbek777Vonbek777 Member Posts: 135
    On the original download, I got the verification error repeatedly on both my copies. I just figured it was some kind of traffic error and kept trying ever few minutes until I got a socket. Considering how many time I reroll stats, it really wasn't that much of a different experience. ;)
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    Vonbek777 said:

On the original download, I got the verification error repeatedly on both my copies. I just figured it was some kind of traffic error and kept trying ever few minutes until I got a socket. Considering how many time I reroll stats, it really wasn't that much of a different experience. ;)

You're just getting teased by the developers!

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Quartz
    What are you using to listen to the new soundsets? I was just using Windows Media Player and it would only let me listen to the old BG1 ones.