Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Tanthalas said:

Lets keep things civil.

@Tanthalas
    Fair enough. That is your call. Thanks.
  • subterrasubterra Member Posts: 49
    I cant download the game it just sits there stuck at "getting download info" why dont u guys offer a direct download link for this ?
    i think my isp is blocking the connection to your servers what can i do.... help please.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited November 2012
    i have the BGEE installer and the beamdog client running both give me the same message "Getting Download info" thats all i get it feels like im being blocked and cant access there servers, so i asked if there is a direct download to the game files rather than using p2p.
    edited November 2012
    are you logged in at the beamdog site ? you have to be logged in !
    My isp is blocking any sort of p2p connection whatsoever so i would need a direct download link in order to get the game files
    im logged in on beamdog client which is installed on my computer and logged in here aswell of course.
    yir but are you logged in on www.beamdog.com
  • butcheredbutchered Member Posts: 16
    @Subterra I had that issue with the BG:EE installer.
    Try deleting what files you have in Programs Files (x86)/baldurs gate enhanced edition.
    Once I started over, it downloaded just fine.
    yes im also logged in on the beamdog site at the same time as trying to download from there client which is installed on my computer would that cause an issue ?
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    #subterra if you have blocked p2p ports there is nothing you can do at this moment to download a game;/
    I cant connect to the beamdog client properly i can sign in but i cant download anything whats wrong with this i thought this was suppose to be a dirrect download service looks to me like its completly p2p which my isp has blocked so how the hell am i suppose to get this game that i paid for now ??
    So i will have to basically pirate this game in order to get the game files to play the game i paid for i swear to god i give up i seriiously give up why doesnt beamdog provide a more efficienmt way to get hold of these game files instead of being cheap and using the p2p method im now screwed can a moderator pls advise me ?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @subterra

Send an e-mail to support@beamdog.com explaining your problem.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    There are also certain ways to... bypass isp blocks, although you should google it.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Well that was easy. Downloaded the new installer, installed it. It brought up the launcher screen, double-clicked the 'preload complete' area prompting it to check my files.

Thirty minutes later I'm done. 1.8Gb now downloaded. Huzzah!
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    Had no issues getting it... my view is that it's probably a user downloading problem... :)
    So using there client to purchase games in the future is a no no, since it uses p2p for download
    and then they wonder why people pirate there games sigh.... its just incredible.
    If you guys make it harder to get the games the legal way what hope is there of eliminating piracy ?
    It absolutly blows my mind, might aswell bang ur head against a brick wall.
    edited November 2012
    Dude, it's your isp that blocks the download, go google how to bypass the isp block and get your game, or if you believe it's too hard, send an email to support.

Also, how would someone pirate it if his isp is blocking stuff?

However, before you do anything, have you tried to uninstall everything from BG:EE and re-download the installer? It fixed the problem for some.
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    So, when it the game released exactly? Nov 28th, what time if going after standard time? Should I stay up all night, or wait for it in the afternoon? I live in Sweden, +1 standard time. It would be cool to check out the multiplayer function at the release with people, just knowing that you are one of the first to play would be cool. :)

Subterra: my heart goes out to ya! Technical problems suck, and although it seemed to have worked for me, I'm all for supporting both devs and a "free" internet. :)
    There are ways of getting games by paying for a service that hosts peoples game files, megaupload was one of them... so yes it is possible to get games even tho ur isp is blocking p2p.
    Im not interested in all that i paid for this game because i believe the developer deserves the money but looks like they have screwed me over doesnt it.
    All i want is what i paid for, is it too much to ask to dowload the game directly from the guys you bought it from ?

You should contact them directly with an email at support then and ask for a solution. They will figure something out for you.
    yes, sending email to support now, i hoping they can resolve this for me asap and before launch... damn i was looking forward to it.
  • allhailsteveallhailsteve Member Posts: 210
    @subterra you can download the game as a torrent using BitTorrent software which is free to download.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    i'ts the 27th today, 7am in australia.... ill be a whole day ahead of this game before it's released :( feel sorry for me please.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @subterra I totally understand your frustration, and I'm sorry for your troubles. We can't be responsible for your ISP's blocking measures, but we can certainly do our best to try to come to a solution so you can get the game. I find it especially curious though that you'd threaten to pirate the game because our P2P solution isn't working for you when most existing pirated distribution is also P2P...? That doesn't make sense to me, but regardless of that I understand you're angry and hey, in your situation I likely would be a bit miffed as well.

I can't make any promises as to what will or won't happen, as I'm not the person in charge of actually implementing the logistics for game downloads and whatnot, but I'll be shocked if we can't figure something out for your situation.
  • ThorThor Member Posts: 10
    @subterra
    Delete the 0766.beam and 0766.status from the Data folder wherever you have BGEE installed. Then run the installer. Each time the installer crashes you have to delete those files.
  • AADA7AAADA7A Member Posts: 32
    Allhail: Where is the torrent?
    edited November 2012

@subterra you can download the game as a torrent using BitTorrent software which is free to download.

That is p2p so it is not an option anyway, i am now using a VPN softwware to try and bypass my isp block it seems to have worked im now at "connecting" it seems very slow tho so either the download is extremely slow or im stuck again....anyone ?