Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Some questions. :)
    If I have to format my pc, then will I always (in a time of years too) have the possibility of re-download the game?
    If not/not sure in a long time, is there a way to have a disk image o something similar?

Is it possible to download the game on other pc? I've got a netbook and for now I 've pre-downloaded the game on my home pc.

You'll be able to download the game years from now. Even if Beamdog/Overhaul should cease to exist somehow, I'm sure they'll make arrangements with other distributers if that should happen.

Besides that, it's easily possible to save the installer to a DVD, USB key or a hard disk.

And you're allowed to install it on multiple pc's, although you can only play multiplayer when each pc have a different account.
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Hurray... left the installer screen saying 'Getting Download Info...', and it suddenly started downloading the additional 500MB.. showing progress bar and download speed.

There is hope yet!
  • LanatirLanatir Member Posts: 33
    ok, i bought the game today, beamdogs site had some hiccups, but i was able to pay for it and download it with the games own launcher. Now, about the release date check..is it the 28th of november LOCAL (as in MY time) or do i have to wait til it is the 28th on whatever part of the world YOU guys are in?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited November 2012
    @Lanatir Consider Edmonton, Canada time.
    That means if the release date check works at midnight their time...it would be in exactly 18 hours from now
    edited November 2012
    WHAAAAT. I have to wait til TOMORROW NITE?? That sucks

(im in germany. to me it means release time is late in the evening on the 28th, 9 pm. You should just use local times for the release check)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Lanatir said:

(im in germany. to me it means release time is late in the evening on the 28th, 9 pm. You should just use local times for the release check)

Don't worry its the same 18 hours for all of us.

actually it is 30!! hours, not 18, cause they dont unlock the game til later in the day
    Lanatir said:

actually it is 30!! hours, not 18, cause they dont unlock the game til later in the day

We have waited since April for this game, what is another 30 hours? Earth is still spinning, time will pass before you know it.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wH31Oo2oI&feature=relmfu

While we're waiting, we might aswell have fun in the meantime! Check this guy out, he's making the franchise a bit more humorous. Especially because he's so dedicated (it's his first time playing the game) to play this. Have fun!
  • JhesanhJhesanh Member Posts: 4
    mch202 said:

We have waited since April for this game, what is another 30 hours? Earth is still spinning, time will pass before you know it.

The 28th our time is my day off, I would love to be able to spend all that time playing not waiting for the rest of the world to catch up :P
    mch202 said:

Lanatir said:

Actually when i realized i had to wait another 30 hours i am QUITE sure i felt the earth rumble to a stop. and then its released when its late evening here, which means if i dont wanna take the day off the next day i shouldnt even touch the game that evening...i would get stuck for many many hours.
    Lanatir said:

mch202 said:

Lanatir said:

Actually when i realized i had to wait another 30 hours i am QUITE sure i felt the earth rumble to a stop. and then its released when its late evening here, which means if i dont wanna take the day off the next day i shouldnt even touch the game that evening...i would get stuck for many many hours.
    I really want to encourage you, but I must say that because of the catastrophic earthquake in Japan 2 years ago, the day grew longer by 1 second, so now you will have to wait even more ;-)

• NymMoondownNymMoondown Member Posts: 219
    Lanatir said:

Same "problem" here in Italy. :O :D
    The real problem is D&D session tomorrow evening/night XDXDXD
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    As per instructions here in this topic, I went to the location where I stored the new installer, installed it over the old one and clicked twice on the 'pre-load complete' message in the status bar. Than it too kept hanging at 'getting download info' for a long time. Suddenly there's a popup from my security software 'application change detected' - bgee.exe has changed and tries to access the internet, allow or disallow. Of course, yes, allow! And now it's downloading the extra 500 MB.

Son_of_Imoen is a happy man.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

@Troodon80

those numbers were from the actual folder where i installed the download (D:/BGEE). And thank you, i was just getting mightily confused with all the different figures thrown around and the mention of an executable file...decided to redownload just in case cos i'm a paranoid fool like that, so thank you kindly anyway, good to know someone else had the same i did.

There it is! Evidence that @rufus_hobart is slowing down the servers by excessive downloading! He's bringing the doughnuts to our all-nighter BG:EE playing.

Or not.
  • BelegurthBelegurth Member Posts: 61
    Fast download, perhaps tonight 00:00h have any problem.
  • adjadj Member Posts: 6
    Quebec | Canada here ... so it most be 15:00 PM tomorow...
  • M6k3M6k3 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2012
    its only for my beamdog site works so slow ?
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    So how much hours till release? Will it be released at midnight or?
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    ego1ste said:

So how much hours till release? Will it be released at midnight or?

Per @TrentOster's Twitter Feed:
    "Plan is to set #bgee live on Beamdog at 1:00 pm MDT. We have a four martini lunch and then we start pushing bits."
    M6k3 said:

its only for my beamdog site works so slow ?

I got:

503 Service Unavailable
    No server is available to handle this request.

Servers are probably busy as hell :)

Hmm MDT is -6 so in europe it will be 8pm.
    I guess everyone who didn't preload yet i doing it now :D It's not good to leave everything for last second :D
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    Can somebody here help me?
    i recieved this message to my email but i dont know what to do next:
    Beamdog - Great Games, Easy Order Confirmation #*********
    I tryed to apply it as a coupon- doesnt work. Same in Beamdog luncher when i enter the password in the blank when ordering BG.
    Any help would be really appreciated
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I downloaded 1.3 GB on thursday. Then I read somewhere around here that I'd have to download an extra 500 MB on the day of release. Today I started up my beamdog again. Now it says 1.8 GB and directly below that it says "Getting Download Information".
    That confused me quite a bit. Does that mean the program has already downloaded the 500 MB and that the "getting download info" is just for the release day package that actually lets me play the game? Or does it mean that it still hasn't completed the 500 MB download and is just stuck on "getting download info"?

I know it is probably a silly question for some of you more tech savvy people but I'm not that savvy.

Also.... Need... to play... NAUW! :P
  • gdubbs66gdubbs66 Member Posts: 29
    @Lamorack Thanks for the link, even though it depressed me because it means I have to wait until 10:00 pm here in Palestine...
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Trent O .
    The website is getting hammered. We're shoring it up and putting up sandbags.
  • EdHousdenEdHousden Member Posts: 40
    So excited!! If anyones interested, subscribe to www.youtube.com/T3DWOD as im doing a lets play!