Skip to content

Pre-loading for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has begun!

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    Nemissa said:

I got 749 files,and 51 folders.
    total bytes are... 1.34 GB (1,442,352,820 byte)

Same here.

• sharpiejassharpiejas Member Posts: 35
    has anyone tried setting their computer date forward and trying to run the game?
  • NemissaNemissa Member Posts: 73

has anyone tried setting their computer date forward and trying to run the game?

lol that's ninja :p
    edited November 2012

Considering there are 500MB more in files waiting to be downloaded, that probably won't work to well :)

well can only be tomorrow or tuesday tops... if he want to do it early.Otherwise will be the 28th lol :p
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012

@Mornmagor

Thanks for the update. I do not have UAC on so run-as administrator should not affect it.

For those who did successfully get the updated client, did it say that an updated downloaded or just go right back to "pre-load complete"?

@bigdogchris, those that updated, when they opened their launcher(from the installation directory i presume) got prompted to update, clicked yes, and then seemingly nothing happened.

The version before the update was 2.3, now it is 2.4.

I still don't understand why it didn't prompt me to update :P, but in the end, we all have version 2.4 now.

@Nemissa, i presume it will be sometime tomorrow :p
    it might be it needed to be the 2.4 for the upcoming 500mb patch m8
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2012
    The 2.4 version opened up some ports so you can download faster (from what i understood).
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    So has there been clarification for what the "something special" is that Overhaul is doing to make up for the delayed date? Besides the game looking awesome in general.
    toanwrath said:

So has there been clarification for what the "something special" is that Overhaul is doing to make up for the delayed date? Besides the game looking awesome in general.

Phillip recently said that the 'something special' was additional unannounced features that they had time to develop during the extra 10 weeks. It is something that everyone will get.

apparently are 2 things...one coming in the next few weeks as post-release patch...and the 2nd one comes like some sort of aprils fools,always post-release.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
    I've downloaded for the second timeand have no BGEE.exe, also, got 740 files and 49 folders :1
  • patbakerpatbaker Member Posts: 21
    I used the beamdog client launcher and had no problem only took 3 hours
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    I haven't even tried to download yet. I thought I would let everyone else work the bugs out. For when I get around to it, do I have to delete the original BG?
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    Hmm... just downloaded extra 500mb of material with beamdog client. (total of 1.8gb) ^^ Still missing an executable though. :P
  • DecrepitDragonDecrepitDragon Member Posts: 120
    In the middle of my next 500mb download too. Seems to be going smoothly so far. . .
  • BrooBroo Member Posts: 2
    Indeed, 500 more MB this evening. Getting closer. :)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Let me get this straight, the final 500mbs are already being distributed? I want to know if I should fire up the BG:EE launcher for the night.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited November 2012
    Yes, the 500 are downloadable, at least mine is currently. WOOT!!!

EDIT: But the bit rate will be slow (Yes, bit download rate!). :-)
    edited November 2012
    @Kilivitz, Crack on and load it up.

I have, and its running just great. The BG:EE launcher doesn't give away any hints though, till you click on the "Preload Complete" bar twice.

@EnialusMeliamne, might get faster as the P2P kicks in . . .

Then it'll get slower again as lag kicks in. :)
    edited November 2012
    Yep. It definitely speeded up a bit (went from 2 hours download rate, to about 15 minutes). Now it's at five minutes (last checked).

EDIT: Back to 11 minutes. Good call on the lag, DD. :-)
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @DecrepitDragon thank you sir. Glad to know we can download the rest now, makes for a shorter wait on the 28th and that can only be good.
    @Kilivitz, You are most welcome kind sir. Anything for a fellow BG'er.

@EnialusMeliamne, Yep, I know how you feel - went from a twenty minute expected time to around two hours - speeds were in the hundreds of Kb/s, now barely scratching the tens. Oh well, at least its still going . . . .

Oh damn, did I just jinx it?! (:looks quickly:)

Nope, its all good. Phew. :)
    Good luck man. Hopefully, it speeds up for you. Mine wrapped about 10 minutes ago.

Good luck man. Hopefully, it speeds up for you. Mine wrapped about 10 minutes ago.

I was getting ready to shake my internet fist at you and mention hamsters and elderberries in the ensuing curses ( Monty Python style ), but then I glanced at my download - Finished five minutes ago! Imagine my surprise!

I think we might have hit the "sweet spot" for downloading - light traffic and good connectivity. Lucky us eh?

Solid bet on that, and the luckier for it! Regards to ya man. I'm off to rack out for the night. We're in the single digit hours now, to playing the EE. Pretty darn cool!
    You too mate. I'm off too - literally in the single digit as in the A.M. Lay down before I fall down. :)

Take it easy though. :)
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    1.8 downloaded... might try origional BG.exe..... ;)
  • elvee68elvee68 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 35
    Mine is all downloaded...sweet!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    All done. Yayorz!