Skip to content

Downloader Known issues

TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
This thread is to contain all known issues with the Launcher / Beamdog client and to provide work-arounds to those affected.
AnduinCuvGun19CrevsDaak

Comments

• Freddy_FarawayFreddy_Faraway Member Posts: 2
    I think it would help out a bit for people to see a video of how it's supposed to look being downloaded, I realize that this video would be around 30 seconds long but still just a visual of what's supposed to happen/what's not etc.
    Kristie83Gravityslave
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    I feel my launcher doesn't check anything...

It's programmed for say "verification failed due to a server error".

Is this serious doctor ?
    Kristie83GloomfrostAris4life
  • SchnizzelSchnizzel Member Posts: 25
    It's exactly the same error here. Beamdog client doesn't work. Standalone gives the same error message as Kerozevok posted.
    I tried a couple of times a day since november 24th.
    I tried to give both applications full internet access in my firewall. Didn't work. Then I closed my firewall completly. Result was the same.
    Starting to get little frustrated here... 28th is tomorrow and I doesn't have the game yet :-/
    Sulla
  • ZohhZohh Member Posts: 2
    Exactly the same error message as Kerozevok and Schnizzel. I tried everything (uninstal and reinstall, firewall,...), but nothing to do.
  • marfigmarfig Member Posts: 208
    The standalone launcher contains a bug:

When you input the wrong username/password it will stay forever in "Getting download Info". Uninstalling the application will not solve this, because after reinstalling it will no longer ask you for a username/password.

Please remove any traces of previous credentials from the system when uninstalling, so users have a chance to resubmit new ones.
  • MortesMortes Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2012
    You could try and check
    C:\Users\_Your Username_\AppData\Local\BeamDog\BGEE\Logs (dedicated downloader)

or
    C:\Users\_Your Username_\AppData\Local\BeamDog\Player\Logs (Beamdog client)

To me it looks like the clients generate log files there (*.trace). They seem to be simple text files so you should be able to view them with a text editor like notepad or something else you are familar with.

Maybe there are error messages that help to identify the issue but I'm not certain as mine are as good as empty.
    Anyway, be sure to remove any personal information before you post it somewhere public.
    Post edited by Mortes on
    edited December 2012
    @marfig @Mortes

Already uninstall several times and checked the register... Nothing changes.

Server error, server error, server error...

And as the support@Beamdog is dead (ghost server).
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    support@Beamdog works just fine for me. What error do you get when you e-mail it?
    I strongly suggest you grab the latest version of the launcher as we've fixed a couple firewall (and potentially ISP) related connectivity issues.

What are you seeing in the .trace file?

-Trent
    PinkRose
    edited November 2012
    The support@beamdog works... But I wait an answer since 4 days.

I've the latest version of the launcher.

I've no firewall or antivirus (no need).

The .trace file is empty.
    CrazedSlayer
  • ZohhZohh Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Same situation for me, and latest versions don't change a thing.

BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:41:41 Launcher version 1.9.4.0 starting up
    Args:
    IsAdmin: False
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Warning: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:41:42 Error checking for upgrade package, retrying.
    System.Net.WebException: Impossible de se connecter au serveur distant ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Une tentative d’accès à un socket de manière interdite par ses autorisations d’accès a été tentée 70.38.27.40:80
    à System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    à System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
    --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
    à System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
    à BeamDog.FetchRequest.RunState.GotResponseBg(IAsyncResult ar)
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:41:59 Trying to load cached profile.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:42:00 Trying to load cached profile.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:42:01 Shutting down.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 01:42:01 Shut down with exit code: 0.

Sorry for french parts :)

• nopnop Member Posts: 25
    @marfig: Open up the C:\Users\_Your Username_\AppData\Local\BeamDog\BGEE folder and delete Login.dat and you'll get prompted for login info again.

@Zohh: Looks like our authentication servers don't like you for some reason. @ScottBrooks, can you please take a look at this?
  • randomikarirandomikari Member Posts: 1
    I enjoyed baldur's gate 1 enough to buy 2 copies of the game, one for myself and one for my friend. They are both appearing in the giftable copies of my beamdog account instead of in the my games section. As a result, when I try to preload the game, the BGEE installer tells me my account is not provisioned for this title and the beamdog client tells me I have no games.

How can I fix this? I've already tried gifting a copy to myself, but it won't let me. I'd rather not have to make another account.
    Ygg
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063

I enjoyed baldur's gate 1 enough to buy 2 copies of the game, one for myself and one for my friend. They are both appearing in the giftable copies of my beamdog account instead of in the my games section. As a result, when I try to preload the game, the BGEE installer tells me my account is not provisioned for this title and the beamdog client tells me I have no games.

How can I fix this? I've already tried gifting a copy to myself, but it won't let me. I'd rather not have to make another account.

Try support@Beamdog, I had exactly same problem and it where fixed.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    You could try buying a third copy. Other than that the only other way (that I know of) is make another account and gift it to that account,
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    I pre-downloaded a couple of days ago, but now I can't seem to find any files to show that I downloaded anything. On top of that, the Beamdog client used to say "preloaded" but now says "Getting dowload info." Anyone know how I can check if the predownload worked?
  • LoriLori Member Posts: 8
    Where do I can Sign in in the stand alone addon? Cant click there anything but access to the manual
  • AlderonAlderon Member Posts: 53
    Seemed to be working fine a few days ago, today I was browsing the forums and I read about an update, I ran the launcher and I'm stuck at "getting download info" - I've tried reinstalling, logging in again, still stuck.
  • YggYgg Member Posts: 1

I have the exact same problem. Contacted support yesterday about it. Still waiting for the issue to be resolved. Any luck so far resolving the problem?

• vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206

I pre-downloaded a couple of days ago, but now I can't seem to find any files to show that I downloaded anything. On top of that, the Beamdog client used to say "preloaded" but now says "Getting dowload info." Anyone know how I can check if the predownload worked?

If you're on Windows 7, check for a folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\. Its size should be roughly the size of the preload (1.3GB for first part, 1.8GB if you have both parts).

FYI, I used the Beamdog client for both preloads and it worked. It crashes from time to time (never during a preload for me). I did update it to the latest version manually before each portion and I adjusted Windows Firewall to allow the Beamdog client through on any port it wanted.
    edited November 2012
    I tried with the beamdog client (instad of BGEEInstaller) and the txt in .trace file is :

BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:50:48 Launcher version 1.9.4.0 starting up
    Args:
    IsAdmin: True
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Warning: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:51:05 Error checking for upgrade package, retrying.
    BeamDog.FetchRequestTimedOutException: Exception of type 'BeamDog.FetchRequestTimedOutException' was thrown.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Warning: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:51:20 Error checking for upgrade package, retrying.
    BeamDog.FetchRequestTimedOutException: Exception of type 'BeamDog.FetchRequestTimedOutException' was thrown.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:51:21 Trying to load cached profile.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:51:25 Shutting down.
    BeamDog.Launcher.exe Information: 0 : 27/11/2012 16:51:25 Shut down with exit code: 0.
    Can I hope that "server error" will fixed for Christmas ?....
    vortican said:

If you're on Windows 7, check for a folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\. Its size should be roughly the size of the preload (1.3GB for first part, 1.8GB if you have both parts).

FYI, I used the Beamdog client for both preloads and it worked. It crashes from time to time (never during a preload for me). I did update it to the latest version manually before each portion and I adjusted Windows Firewall to allow the Beamdog client through on any port it wanted.
    I have nothing from beamdog in program files, bu did predownload again and the client says it worked. I'm all concerned now.
  • ZenForAllZenForAll Member Posts: 10
    I have the Problem on both my noteook and PC the Uploader crashed
    Both are x64 Systems
  • lollerskateslollerskates Member Posts: 9
    Kerozevok said:

I feel my launcher doesn't check anything...

It's programmed for say "verification failed due to a server error".

Same problem here. Tried reinstalling, tried installing on different computer, tried erasing everything from registry and reinstalling, trace-file has the same content as in the examples posted above. Would be nice, if this was fixed . I was really looking forward to play the game tomorrow! If anybody has a solution don't hesitate to post it here please! :)
    CrazedSlayer
  • mercurymeltdownmercurymeltdown Member Posts: 49
    I can't even access the Beamdog website to buy the game :\ Is anyone else getting a 503 error on their site?
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @mercurymeltdown same here, and BeamDog client not responding ^^

I thing they are suffering from DOS attack by a massive wave of boo-pre-loader
  • vorticanvortican Member Posts: 206

vortican said:

I have nothing from beamdog in program files, bu did predownload again and the client says it worked. I'm all concerned now.
    Just to be clear, on Windows 7 system, the files are stored in "Program Files (x86)" not "Program Files". These are separate folders and both exist on Windows 7 systems.

Yes, website is down (503 error), likely due to massive demand.
  • SchnizzelSchnizzel Member Posts: 25
    I checked the new version of your standalone client but the same answer to me :"verification failed due to server error".
    I also check the new beamdog client version with the same bad result: "Unable to sign in due to a server error. Please try again later."
    Ope, there it is. Thanks for your help.