Skip to content

Comments

• salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Ah, sorry, I was just venting my frustration that such a ridiculous word even exists at all.

For the record QUAYLE IS AMAZING!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    You need 9 Int to use most (all?) scrolls
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Wigglebottom...
    Shin said:

Wigglebottom...

Shaking that ass...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    If you want to avoid the horrible reload, drink a potion of insight/intelligence before scribing your spells. ;)
    edited October 2022
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    It's a good trick, and its only temporary. Good for roleplaying too, as I recall, those intelligence boosting potions are not all that common until you make it to BG.

It's a good trick, and its only temporary. Good for roleplaying too, as I recall, those intelligence boosting potions are not all that common until you make it to BG.

I do this, as don't like reloading, where possible, though it does mean you have to hoard scrolls for just a few big scribing sessions
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    tilly said:

Hey I'm either going to make a cleric or cleric/mage - with intelligence of 9. (role-playing, mind)...

Hmm. Curious. If a Cleric/Mage will you have fairly high Wisdom, though? Any particular reason for the just-slightly-on-the-low-side-of-normal Int?

• MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Since a Potion of Genuis + a Potion of Mind Focusing = +7 temporary INT points, you might want to wait until you're at a store that sells mage scrolls so you can drink those potions, buy the scrolls you want in your spell book, and then attempt to scribe them on the spot since you'll have double the percentage chance. That way, you can always buy the spells again (that is, if the store has more than one of the same spell in stock) if you fail scribing them the first time.
    edited October 2022
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Whoa. Hats off to you, Tilly. I'm curious to hear how it goes!
    edited October 2022
    edited October 2022
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Digging this thread ^^ But you've got to have a much higher cha than 6 judging from your posts!
    edited October 2022
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232

Digging this thread ^^ But you've got to have a much higher cha than 6 judging from your posts!

I completely agree with this. The charisma score is far to low 6-7 is the sort of person you want to punch in the face when you meet them, a person who has absolutely no social skills. I would give Tilly Wigglebottom at least a 12, I mean she's adorable.
    edited October 2022
    edited October 2022
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @typo_tilly

Ya you definitely need a front liner with speed boots if you're using rasaad. I speak from needing my Wizard Slayer to use him. And I was really tempted to give Rasaad the idiot belt on my playthrough, but I felt it fit yeslick better. Furthermore that gave me 2 dwarves with 19 str and 18 dex leading the charge (carefully pulling rasaad behind them). Poor guy rarely got a chance to clean up but wasn't bad overall. He is really good for all the low level undead you encounter in BGEE imo.

Also I found firewine infinitely easier when I started casting invis on my thief at the start, and walking through the entire place disarming traps before finally tackling it with my entire party. Imoen might be a klepto, but she's an extremely careful klepto.
    edited October 2022
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I think Yeslick's int is lowered by 3, and ya he turns into beastmode with Idiot Belt + Dex Bracers. Then use draw upon holy dwarven might (i think of it as an "improved DuHM skill......naturally raising your con that high on a dwarf allows for more drinking primarily right?"), give him stupifier or asheedeen, and watch your warrior and yeslick chunk the living bejesus outta stuff.

Fun Note: gave it to Kagain in my evil group (poor bastard went from 15 int to 6 int), so my Blade, Dorn and Kagain ALL had 19 str. Ya I spent the last chapter making chunky soup.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    This is so awesome! Personally I thought Wigglebottom would be a great name for a halfling!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

This time, I'll be using my estimated real-life stats.
    This time, the attribute total will be... 51. n_n;

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

*grunt* Ooh! Ooh!
    edited December 2013
    @Scary_wizard

hmm... I'm pretty much a clumsy Aerie
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I seem to be a jackass-of-all-trades. A weak one, at that.
    To be fair I think the common person is supposed to have around an 8 in all categories, so we seem to all be valiant adventurers!

If I were to travel with @Jackjack and @Scary_Wizard with a couple swords, we'd probably be able to take on a gibberling or two (they better not be diseased)