Skip to content

Downloader Known issues

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I cannot get it loading fast enough. 1.8GB of 1.8GB, but it's still chugging along. I've been very supportive of this project, but must admit that this is literally infuriating. The bandwidth needs of this community should have surprised no one, and, therefore, I am extremely disappointed.

I did the pre-download. I added the .5 GB patch to it ahead of time. The idea, so far as I could tell, was to streamline today's process. Net result: two hours of downloading so far for what appears to be a miniscule file.

After two hours and with high speed internet. This was not what I expected.
    TolkienBard
  • asgardirdasgardird Member Posts: 6
    Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: BGEE.exe
    Application Version: 0.2.4.0
    Application Timestamp: 50b08f15
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec4aa8e
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000004e4b4
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 13321
  • joebob714joebob714 Member Posts: 1
    Every time I click on the launcher the progress bar starts to say "Checking Files" and then it crashes. I have no idea what to do.
  • MattShameimaruMattShameimaru Member Posts: 8
    After clicking play game crashes:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: baldur.exe
    Application Version: 0.1.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50b66b64
    Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00033ab3
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

You have no idea how sad it makes me feel...
    TolkienBardEdwinTheWise
  • EdwinTheWiseEdwinTheWise Member Posts: 1
    It takes forever to dowlnoad the remaining at 50 kb/s. You guys should be prepared for this............
  • TolkienBardTolkienBard Member Posts: 13
    I wish I was getting 50 Kb/s. For the last hour+ I have been absolutely crawling along at 40-150 B/s.

I had the full 1.8 GB pre-load done before I went to bed this morning figuring to avoid exactly this problem. But whatever minute file is supposed to be added to go from pre-load to full play mode is taking forever to load up. How is it that the type of bandwidth necessary for a launch like today wasn't anticipated? This just seems like poor logistics to me.
  • asgardirdasgardird Member Posts: 6
    i have that bug with beamdog downloader too....so my guest is that you guy have a problem...
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    I'm still downloading this game, even when resetting the client =(
  • SabremSabrem Member Posts: 2
    It says I have 89 hours left to download. It is currently downloading at 10b/s. I preordered in August and then preloaded on the 24th. :(
  • SoulchainSoulchain Member Posts: 3
    You need to use Port Forwarding to some Ports in the range of 50000-60000 (I used 52138 and 56274).

After that my downlad went to 300kb/sec.

You can create a log file in the launcher by right-clicking the download bar. From what I can see in the logs the launcher uses ports between 50k and 60k randomly.. a little clarification would have been nice.
    Port forwarding is not reliable. I have it set and it's still at times sitting at 23/40kbs, now its doing fine, sitting at 200/320 kbs. P2P doesnt really do any favours ether. =(
    Well 200-300kbs is acceptable..

Check your Ports here if you want: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
    Fatal
  • RogueJKRogueJK Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    Edit: Disregard.
  • SheikiaSheikia Member Posts: 15
    Can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to port forward?
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Download speed is very erratic. Started off ~40-50KBps for several minutes even with P2P enabled. Just now it shot up to ~300KBps but is dropping back down again.

I don't see how port forwarding a router will speed up your connection. Either the port is blocked or not. It isn't like halfway blocked and halfway open. BTW, my main NIC is not behind a router and getting these less desirable speeds.

This has been my only purchase on Beamdog and so far I am not impressed. I have a 30Mbps line and the download it crawling the last 100MB or so.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I'm still at the "getting download info" msg... Unistalled the client, dowloaded it again, reinstalled, same outcome... I get most of you guys are getting crawling speeds but is someone else not getting download at all like I do?
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2012
    BGEE launcher keeps crashing....
    reinstall doesn't help at all..

win7 64
    -------------------------------

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: bgee.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 0.2.4.0
    Problem Signature 03: 50b08f15
    Problem Signature 04: BeamDog
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.6.0
    Problem Signature 06: 50b08f0f
    Problem Signature 07: 2b1
    Problem Signature 08: 6
    Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidCastException
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1028
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    impossible to install... both client and installer keeps crashing..
    Sandman said:

I don't see how port forwarding a router will speed up your connection.

Since the launcher uses the torrent system it does make a huge difference. You might want to read this: http://www.bittorrent.com/intl/de/help/manual/chapter0203

Anyway just finished creating my char, hf all i'm out :)

So after downloading it... After hitting play, BG:EE has stopped working error comes up =(
  • roachtbproachtbp Member Posts: 42
    My game successfully downloaded and an icon is on my desktop for the game. After I double click on the icon, a screen comes up and I can hit 'Play' to start the game. However, nothing happens when I click play.
    that70sgirl7887
    For People whose launcher keeps crashing:
    Disable the use p2p button

Works for me
  • vdesboisvdesbois Member Posts: 2
    junk11 said:

Works for me

seem to be working for me, the launcher is now downloading. Had to be quick and restart it, but working so far...
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Quique said:

I'm still at the "getting download info" msg... Unistalled the client, dowloaded it again, reinstalled, same outcome... I get most of you guys are getting crawling speeds but is someone else not getting download at all like I do?

Likewise. Seems stuck on that message. No idea what to do now.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    99.1 percent... up from 97 percent when i left it 5 hours ago.... restarted and seems to be back downloading... but taking god knows how long (using beamdog launcher) sitting on 1.8 gig downloaded at 99.1 percent download speed now 6kbs-40kbs spiking 12 minutes to go.... in `12 minutes if not downloaded will redownload or try alternatives
  • kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    1.6 gb and stuck at "Connecting....." THIS is very, very, very x10^23 irritating
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    0.4 percent to go... left it at 97 percent 5 hours ago... client has been restarted... no anti virus on... and ports open. (even tried that torrent file on Utorrent to no avail)
    edited November 2012
    vdesbois said:

junk11 said:

Works for me

seem to be working for me, the launcher is now downloading. Had to be quick and restart it, but working so far...
    My guess is something wrong with the p2p part...maybe the firewall port parts

anyway, if its dling slowly, I recommend dl the torrent from beamdog and use torrent software
    http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent
    (need to login beamdog website first to dl)

then just put the "00766" folder to your BG\Data folder and delete 766.beam and 766.status to force the recheck
    its much faster this way..

sunset00
  • SandmanSandman Member Posts: 73
    Soulchain said:

Sandman said:

I don't see how port forwarding a router will speed up your connection.

Since the launcher uses the torrent system it does make a huge difference. You might want to read this: http://www.bittorrent.com/intl/de/help/manual/chapter0203

Anyway just finished creating my char, hf all i'm out :)

I don't think it is a router issue with people though. Not behind a router here and was getting really poor speeds just like everyone else. It did climb up to 300KBps but not for long as it began to drop back down.
  • that70sgirl7887that70sgirl7887 Member Posts: 18
    roachtbp said:

My game successfully downloaded and an icon is on my desktop for the game. After I double click on the icon, a screen comes up and I can hit 'Play' to start the game. However, nothing happens when I click play.

Same thing is happening to me. I don't know what to do :(