Skip to content

Creating a multiplayer party

Comments

• NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    @GoForTheEyesBoo

I think it has to do with the range of ports that have been forwarded by the host. If it does it for you anyhow, just try again. I'll host it up again in a second. Someone who joined the game while it was in progress tried to create a character which caused a crash.

I've got it hosted right now if you want to try and see if it's on your end.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97

@GoForTheEyesBoo

I think it has to do with the range of ports that have been forwarded by the host. If it does it for you anyhow, just try again. I'll host it up again in a second. Someone who joined the game while it was in progress tried to create a character which caused a crash.

I've got it hosted right now if you want to try and see if it's on your end.

How does one change these ports on Windows 7? And thanks for your help!
    edited November 2012
    @GoForTheEyesBoo

http://www.routerlogin.com

this should cause a username / password prompt to come up. The default password is usually something like Admin for the username, and password for the...well...password.

Now my router has a little tab that says "Port Forwarding / Triggering" that I can go to in order to set it up. By clicking add service I can choose the range of ports, and the TCP / UDP protocols that I want to open them with. The game recommends you open up UDP 47630, but I open up a little bit more. It's up to you how much more.
  • XasilXasil Member Posts: 47
    @narcissist @elminster actually it was a DIRE WOLF!!!
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97

@GoForTheEyesBoo

http://www.routerlogin.com

this should cause a username / password prompt to come up. The default password is usually something like Admin for the username, and password for the...well...password.

Unfortunately nothing comes up for me. I tried joining you game and it crashed. I guess I will just have to wait for an official fix or other suggestions. This is very frustating though.
    @Xasil Same thing!
    edited November 2012
    @GoForTheEyesBoo
    Sorry I had to stop hosting really quick to help someone out. Try again ok?

EDIT: Also, what type of router are you using, or modem for that matter. If you can tell me the make and model of either of them I can help you out more.
  • NeurologicalNeurological Member Posts: 48
    Anyone is up for a try to connect with hamachi?
  • earthworm3earthworm3 Member Posts: 20
    yes i'm up
  • FatBearFatBear Member Posts: 15
    hey im playing now. looking for a party
  • earthworm3earthworm3 Member Posts: 20
    yes
  • majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    edited November 2012
    Seeking anyone for a party. I'd actually like to try the in-game multiplayer. I'm not trying out hamachi or tunngl. Leave me a message on my profile.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @xxxsmb1987xxx @LordsDarkKnight185 @Ascerion @Miahkai @MedullaOblongata

So outside of the black pits its really, really looking like there isn't much in the way of new content. Thats just my take from what I've played so far and its why I'm back here. Also if you haven't read on here yet, I tried multiplayer on here with a few of the other guys. Man was it brutal. I'm really, really, hoping that they release the multiplayer patch (or the beamdog matchmaking service) in the next few weeks, because I have no interest in going through the Hamachi work around.
  • xxxsmb1987xxxxxxsmb1987xxx Member Posts: 280
    @elminster I just around to actually playing I have heard the horror stories of multiplayer inns not working, connection issues, lag, crashing, glitches galore, think we should postpone until multiplayer is fixed up a bit first?
    MedullaOblongata
    I'm hoping we won't have to postpone, but man it was awful. On a seperate note they also really need to think about improving the permission system, because having 6 different people talking to other people is not great. When someone talks to an NPC it shows the screen for all players, which is not always ideal lol. Plus we had lag issues on occasion and people getting booted out. Sounds like they fixed it after I left, but it wasn't pretty.
    edited November 2012
    We should prob wait for the first patch to be released. Has everyone in our part even been able to play the game?
    I'm also kind of worried that their servers won't be up to stuff. Hopefully I'm wrong :)
    I have to say though I like Neera Rasaad just pissed me off saying the same line every 3 seconds or so, so I killed him =/
    I have dorn in my party. He's cool, and very strong. I skipped on the other two because I'm playing an only evil party.
    So I accept that some of the new content I've missed because of new character quests. Next playthrough I plan on having Neera and Edwin in the same group to see what happens lol.
    lol that shall be interesting =p
    elminster
    so mp right now? anyone?
    @fatBear ill try it I will need to make a player
    alrighty connect to my ip?...
    what is it?
    im not going to play long I just want to see how the multiplayer is faring I saw trents twitter about a nasty bug with 3+ party members I want to see if its even playable in a large group.
    edited November 2012
    ****.***
    yup...
    tell ya the truth idk how to set it up
    there we go try now