Skip to content

What the HECK did Imoen just say?!?!

124»

Comments

• MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    All jokes aside, for those really buffled, especially non native english speakers, this is the possible meaning:
    trollop = an untidy woman
    plug-tail = the cable attached to a plug (connector)
    Could it be an inside joke from the original programmers?
    Buttercheese
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Possibly written while caffeine addled and sleep deprived... ;)
    Buttercheese
  • SableRhapsodySableRhapsody Member Posts: 38
    Calmar said:

Jaheira just asked me "What now? Need your pantaloons pressed?" ...

What IS it with these NPCs? First Imoen, now Jaheira. Next we know Minsc will--

You know what, I'm not gonna think about the things Minsc could say. I'm gonna just go to bed instead.
    PoputtNotabarbiegirl
  • Loki330Loki330 Member Posts: 15
    tyl998 said:

I so rarely hear special funny quotes. Anyone know how I can make my characters say them? Click on them lots?

In BGI you did it by rapidly clicking (akin to Warcraft/Company of Heroes and other rts games) but in Baldur's Gate II you did it by repeatedly issuing orders.

• DrEastDrEast Member Posts: 113
    Anyone mention the Hick Farmer voice sample: "The sheep just ain't..." yet?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    tyl998 said:

Mutton-mongerin' riff raffs...

That quote I'm sure is a clean quote, although why Imoen would be concerned about traffickers of goats and lambs I can't fathom...
    i always thought it was a play on 'you're a scruffy nerf herder'

but then, i always wondered if they were talking nerf balls or ........
  • tyl998tyl998 Member Posts: 144
    Loki330 said:

tyl998 said:

I so rarely hear special funny quotes. Anyone know how I can make my characters say them? Click on them lots?

In BGI you did it by rapidly clicking (akin to Warcraft/Company of Heroes and other rts games) but in Baldur's Gate II you did it by repeatedly issuing orders.

But I issue "move" orders all the time and I still rarely hear any fun quotes!
    No, they don't say that. I've clicked on them plenty.
    alannahsmithMedullaOblongataCrevsDaak
  • MoobooMagooMoobooMagoo Member Posts: 11
    Well, Winthrop DID say his hotel is as clean as an Elven ass.

I always wondered how he knew that...
    ARKdeEREHCrevsDaakNotabarbiegirl
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    The line is actually, "Hey sexy, do you want to take a look at me ditties?"

"Ditties" being, of course, short songs.
    Raistlin82
  • anOriginalCloneanOriginalClone Member Posts: 4
    I recall Branwen saying something about Valkor's buttocks
    Notabarbiegirl
    Gotta love the innuendo. Somehow I don't think most off these lines would be put into the game if it were made today.
    FredjoAdul
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    hmmm, perhaps it was just my brain incorrectly translating things, but somehow I thought she said "club-tails," as in slang for wyverns, not plug-tails... Do you guys seriously hear "plug-tails" or is this just an intentional misrepresentation for the joke?

I will have to further investigate this.
    I think people are miss-hearing it. BGer's have subversive minds. ;)
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    edited December 2012
    jaysl659 said:

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"

...intentional misrepresentation for the joke?

MedullaOblongataNotabarbiegirl

fair enough, it's just difficult to tell sarcasm from seriousness in text lol, so I figured I'd ask. I do believe that it is club-tails though for those that are legitimately hearing something else.

As for subversive minds, there does seem to be at least some intentional innuendo amongst the dialogues of the NPC's.
    Notabarbiegirl

jaysl659 said:

"A den of stinking evil. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"

...intentional misrepresentation for the joke?

I wasn't suggesting that innuendo isn't present in the game, just that this particular quote isn't what you all seem to be saying it is, so I was just wondering whether I had misheard it all these years or if everyone else here was just intentionally saying it incorrectly for the humor of it (or if everyone here was actually incorrectly hearing Imoen say "plug-tails" lol). Minsc definitely has a lot of innuendo in his stuff imo.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    jaysl659 said:

fair enough, it's just difficult to tell sarcasm from seriousness in text lol, so I figured I'd ask. I do believe that it is club-tails though for those that are legitimately hearing something else.

As for subversive minds, there does seem to be at least some intentional innuendo amongst the dialogues of the NPC's.
    Haha, no it's definitely plugtails. You can read it in the subtitles.
    CrevsDaakNotabarbiegirl
    @ajwz very interesting, it's funny that my brain translated it into something that I found to be more fitting for Imoen to say.
  • jessewqjessewq Member Posts: 5
    Yep. Proof
    ARKdeEREH
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited December 2012
    Rilbur said:

You know, you may both be Bhaalspawn, but seeing as how Bhaalspawn can be full-elf, full-dwarf, full-human, and just about anything else...

I suspect the only DNA that matters is the 'mortal' half. (Or, of course, the God's DNA changed every time he assumed mortal form...) So it's not REALLY incest anyway.

I'm not sure how this applies to character generation, but I remember reading dialogue that referred to both Yaga-shura and Abazigal as "half-breeds." I thought they did this because Bhaal wasn't a member of their races.
    tyl998 said:

"ctrl I" is a cheat that causes BG NPCs to talk. I haven't tried it in the Enhanced Edition, but it worked in the original game.
    edited December 2012
    Xiviriel said:

Im pretty sure the harlots say "wanna look at my titties?" if you click them enough.

They say that every time I click on them. I think the exact quote is "If you want to take a look at me titties, you'll first have to give up a copper money."

• smallersmaller Member Posts: 22
    bivbi said:

Want to hear what she says ? As you like.

I hate you so much for that.
    Buttercheese
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2012
    smaller said:

bivbi said:

Want to hear what she says ? As you like.
    snip

I hate you so much for that.
    I can't believe I just watched all of that.
    Adul
    ARKdeEREH said:

tyl998 said:

"ctrl I" is a cheat that causes BG NPCs to talk. I haven't tried it in the Enhanced Edition, but it worked in the original game.
    Is that Control L or Control [capitalized] i
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Butt kicking for goodness!
    edited December 2012
    tyl998 said:

ARKdeEREH said:

tyl998 said:

Is that Control L or Control [capitalized] i
    "i" capitalized.