Skip to content

Downloader Known issues

Comments

• Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2012
    A good friend of mine has the same verification problem over and over again...since day one...i think it is a provider issue...it was the same with guild wars 2 and telekom. Though my friend is a customer of vodafone...it took 1 month to solve the problem with gw2! i hope it wont take that much time with bg!
  • Graf_WasiliGraf_Wasili Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2012
    Freezing on Update and lack of free disk space (stand alone launcher):

Make a backup of your .beam-files in 00766 directory, let installer update/freeze, force close, delete broken .beam files, replace them with backups, run update again

worked out for me.
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    Thought I'd post this I found here.Has anyone having issues tried the torrent?Login on the beamdog website and then follow this link:

http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent
  • SchnizzelSchnizzel Member Posts: 25
    I get a 404 Error when I try to open this in utorrent
  • enoch0oenoch0o Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    Schnizzel said:

I get a 404 Error when I try to open this in utorrent

You have to login to your account you purchased bgee with at beamdog.com and then click the torrent link.Otherwise it's locked.Worked when I tested it but, the torrent starts out pretty slow.

• BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    enoch0o said:

Thought I'd post this I found here.Has anyone having issues tried the torrent?Login on the beamdog website and then follow this link:

http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/00766.torrent

I tried that around launch. While the files download just fine, I was never able to install a working version of the game. Instead, I got a series of errors which I was never able to resolve. See here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8625/wtf-you-have-signed-out-of-beamdog-player-please-sign-in-and-try-again

It's been a week and I'm giving up. I wouldn't touch a Beamdog product with a ten foot pole now, and I'm hoping like hell they stay away from BG2.
  • darkjadedarkjade Member Posts: 7
    I'm trying an alternative solution, that started correcly

I went there

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition

and clic on Install Now

Seems to be an internal installation solution (BGEE) without using Beamdog cllent

I keep you updated
    Brude
    OK, 50% downloaded and still running ...
    OK

I lost all my saved games but ...

IT WORKS PERFECTLY

So, never use again Beamdog client, go directly here ...

clic "Install Now"

And engoy your updated BG:EE !
    darkjade said:

OK

I lost all my saved games but ...

I clicked on "load games" and, miracle, everything was here ^^
  • dnthymamaidnthymamai Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    darkjade said:

OK

So, never use again Beamdog client, go directly here ...

clic "Install Now"

thx

Post edited by dnthymamai on
  • Matt0203Matt0203 Member Posts: 108
    What about 'Verification failed due to a server error'?
    Anyone have found a solution?
    I still get this annoying error every day, since 30 November.
    I hope the new launcher will fix this bug/error.
  • Luke00016Luke00016 Member Posts: 7
    Having the same frozen download client again with the newest update. Any info on getting this resolved?
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    @Matt0203 Im seeing the same error, as are many others. Some people think its to do with computers running Windows XP.
    @CrazedSlayer Nope, as I said on the fifth page, I have 2 PC, (Win7 64, WinXP 32) on Win7 doesn't work, but on WinXP it works, don't ask me why. But I prefer play on my Win7 pc, so...
  • LaufBoLaufLaufBoLauf Member Posts: 20
    Had the same problem on Release day. I went on beamdog-homepage and used "forgot PW" to get a new one. After given a new pw by my own, I started the standalone installer again and used the new pw. Finally it worked then.
    @LaufBoLauf I already tried that, not by 'Forgot Password', I just changed password, I believe it's the same thing, and it didn't worked.
    edited December 2012
    @Sylvus_Moonbow Nope, on my WinXP 32bit SP3 it works, on Win7 64bit SP1 doesn't work.
    Nope, running win7 64-bit with excatly the same problem
  • tiberiousrtiberiousr Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Just tried to fire up the game and the launcher wouldn't even start... Restarted my laptop and it seems to be faring better now. Still very much a :/ moment.
  • InsaneInsane Member Posts: 2
    1.9 GB > Backup of the bif files. i get 92.4% then the download stops becuse of conntion dont matter if ipause itstill stay at 92.4% compleat
  • Aris4lifeAris4life Member Posts: 103
    TO ALL OF YOU WITH THE "VERIFICATION" PROBLEM!!!! This might be an Internet provider problem. It was the same with Guild Wars 2 for people who had T-com as a provider or if they were in the area where their provider used the T-com net. It took a whole month to solve this problem there.
    edited December 2012
    @Sylvus_Moonbow Just download these new updates (11 Dic 2012) from 'Windows Update', I've installed them and now the installer and the game are working perfectly.

I can post the updates code if that can help,
    (KB2770660) Security fix for Microsoft Windows
    (KB2753842) Security fix for Microsoft Windows
    (KB2758857) Security fix for Microsoft Windows
    (KB2779030) Security fix for Microsoft Windows
    (KB2779562) Fix for Microsoft Windows.
    Post edited by Matt0203 on
    Tried every recent suggestions but no success. I still get the verification error or unable to connect error.
    Important Update:
    It is definately not a router or an ISP issue in my case with the "verification error". I grabbed my old laptop and tried to install from the standalone Launcher from there. And what the hell: it works with no problems. In 30 minutes I had the whole game on the laptop and the game just went fine.
    Now I have to figure out what's different in installations and configurations that withheld my PC from connecting and my laptop not. Both running Windows 7 64-bit.
    I have absolutely no idea. I think i have to go deep into this.
    Matt0203CrazedSlayer
    @LaufBoLauf Ive tried changing my password through the Beamdog website and through the client itself, and it hasnt done anything for me. I actually still use Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 SP1, so I wont have run into the Framework 4+ issue. Im still keeping my eyes out for solutions. Maybe we all get the verification error for different reasons?
    @Sylvus_Moonbow Its frustrating, but every option thats attempted to fix this problem gets us closer to an eventual solution. Thank you for posting your instructions on how to do this regardless :)
  • nopnop Member Posts: 25
    "Verification failed due to server error." and "Unable to sign in due to a server error, please try again later." are exactly the same error. They mean that there was a problem connecting to our servers. "A problem" usually means one of the following:
    • A firewall killed the connection.
    • The connection got dropped.
    • The data stream got corrupted somewhere along the line.
    There's nothing special about how we contact our servers. We're talking to them the same way a web browser would, so it's kind of odd that you're having this issue persistently. If you go to beamdog.com in your browser, can you sign in there? If you can't, then either something's wrong with your Windows install or your ISP is doing unkind things to our packets.

Otherwise, I'm sorry that I haven't got more details for you guys right now. We're working on an update that should provide more detailed information on exactly why things are going wrong for you.
    CrazedSlayer
  • WowlockWowlock Member Posts: 1
    Well after trying to apply the last patch, I seem to have a problem while the launcher Checking files.

It loads for a while and then around %70 it gets stuck and reset.

I wonder if that is about the patch or should I re-install the game to fix ?
    Electroburn
  • wednesdaywednesday Member Posts: 61
    @Wowlock I'm having a similar problem with the latest patch. Checking files gets to about ten percent, resets, and doesn't progress. I'm running the game unmodified, and definitely didn't have this problem until the new patch release.
    Electroburn