Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    Nothing beats this:

inventorybeta

Comparing to image above - gold and pause slots are well set (above one waste way too much space). Also backpack and ground have very nice border. Not talking about feel of playing old Baldur's Gate. For me it's perfectly made and polished version. But like people said, it's your UI and you give it shape. I will just save inventory from previous beta build.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2012
    @Etamin - Yeah, I think the plan is to have 3 different styles of inventory: Classic (Basic BG layout - recolored brown), enhanced (BG layout - above picture) and Custom Inventory (one of the design concepts).
    Inventory Options: 1. Classic, 2. Enhanced 3. Custom. This way everyone will be happy. Hopefully, lol. :)
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    nemeyeth said:

Try to download another gui and check if it is working properly. And something more - my path is like this:

F:\Games\Baldur's Gate\Override

I tried using this structure and it worked! Strange how for some it works in 00766 and others it does not... Magevil, I love your skins, it actually makes the game feel more like an enhancement ;)
  • nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
    Magevil said:

Inventory Design Concept 5:

I like this one and number 4 so far...

I think that this one is the best one so far. The only thing that I personally dislike is those two 'weapon slots' sticking out. I think that one slot should be placed near helmet slot and the second one right before belt slot. God, I'm so happy that people like you exist in this world. Thank you :)

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    Magevil said:

Inventory Design Concept 5:

I like this one and number 4 so far...

Really like this one ! Could you show what's it look like with some background art I'm sure you have i your treasure ? =p
    @Magevil : this is a nice touch ! Not so fan of the font you use for "Inventory" though. Otherwise I love it =)
    @neoesprit - Thanks. The font is undecided at this point. I'm getting really close to a final concept design and then I will start putting it in motion for BETA 6.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @Magevil Setting the size to 1x1 is probably just as good as anything. If it's got a string that isn't generated by the engine you can try setting it to -1. I think moving it outside of the window would also work...
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    I like 5 with the art at the top. I prefer the inventory to be a box like that instead of a rectangle at the bottom but I really like the back ground on the current one too.
  • OphlyumOphlyum Member Posts: 255
    @Magevil, one word (maybe two) Simply perfect!! ;)
    I love this one (concept n 5)! Really, bro exlent. Respect!
  • WabbitTwaksWabbitTwaks Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    @Magevil
    Inventory screen concept 5 is by far my favorite! That is the one I want! :D I really like how you removed the unnecessary box from around the paper doll to give yourself more real estate to work with.

Edit: The only problem I foresee is if you use a background image with it. You will need to somehow blank it out from behind the doll or it will get lost in the background.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    @Mageevil I really like the background 5. Its awesome. :)
    Yeah, I really think Design Concept 5 is the going to be the new design released with BETA 6.0. There will be 3 inventory options: Classic (BG Style Brown), Enhanced (BG Style - Inventory 2.0), Archaic Custom (Design Concept 5).
    Magevil said:

Yeah, I really think Design Concept 5 is the going to be the new design released with BETA 6.0. There will be 3 inventory options: Classic (BG Style Brown), Enhanced (BG Style - Inventory 2.0), Archaic Custom (Design Concept 5).

looking forward to this =)

Any ETA on beta 5.0 ?

edited December 2012
    @neoesprit - by Monday is the goal and BETA 6 around Christmas.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    edited December 2012
    I'm dropping a vote for Inventory 2 because of the layout with the quick items and the quiver.. seems more.. natural to me.. No matter what though, they all look epic!

Edit since I didn't read everything first, silly me. The header art is FANTASTIC! No matter which design you use, the header art needs to be there! Not sure on the font though, but I can live with it. :)
    edited December 2012
    Has anyone gone to see The Hobbit? I'm going to see it this Tuesday for my Girlfriend's birthday (her request). I've been listening to the 2 CD special edition soundtrack for a few days now while working on the mod. It sure has got me pumped to see the movie! If you're a big LOTR fan like myself The Hobbit soundtrack is epic. Please no spoilers if you've seen the movie. :)
    Hobbit Spoiler: Bilbo finds a ring. Hehehehehehe XD

You're a big LotR fan and do not already know the story of The Hobbit? Let me guess, a fan, but only of the movies?
    @WabbitTwaks - I know the story but I'm not the only person that reads these forums...I'm trying to be considerate to the masses. Yes, I've read the series many times.
    That's cool. Was just being silly :)
    Preview of the Enhanced Inventory 2.0 for BETA 5:

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Everything looks great - just reduce space for "Paused" like it was in your previous versions and it will be perfect.
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    Hi Magevil

What a great thread ! Great work, already BETA 6 :)

Concerning the inventory, could you gather the different items around the character as in iwd2 inventory screen :
    http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/images/image.asp?/iwd2/media/screenshots/interface/interface11.jpg

Best regards
    @Etamin - That is not possible there are longer strings that require the additional space. For instance when you try to move boo from Minsc quick slot. Thanks for your feedback.
    @AK47 I've made 5 different inventory design concepts and the one I will be making is number 5. If you look back on the comments you will see the history of discussion on this topic. Here is an image of the 'Custom Archaic' Inventory coming soon: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5664/inventoryconcept5.jpg

I will have 3 different designs available for the inventory: classic, enhanced, & custom.

Thanks for your feedback.

edited December 2012
    Here is the Record Screen for BETA 5:

Might be some minor tweaks before actual release but this is pretty much it.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    @Magevil inventory n5 is the best and you aredoing a great job. i think Oster have to assume you to work for BG :D...
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    That record screen is gorgeous! still not sure of the font though (I'll live with it if that's what you're shipping though)

Also completely random.. if Imoen is a thief why is she in plate armor with a double handed sword? O.o (I know photoshop, but still LOL)
    @ShadowSmuggler - it was just the graphics I had handy at the moment without taking more time. Yeah I got a laugh outta that too. :)
This discussion has been closed.