Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    nice clarification =)

The art used above comes from shadows of amn insn't it ? so SHadow of amn mosaic in that case. If not, something like twin warriors mosaic should fit ^^
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    This might have been answered and I missed it, but the 36 on the bottom, is there a way to make that horizontal, or is it like that for a reason?
  • doodlesdoodles Member Posts: 14

This might have been answered and I missed it, but the 36 on the bottom, is there a way to make that horizontal, or is it like that for a reason?

It isn't 36, it's 3-6, 3 being minimum and 6 being maximum.

• ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    doodles said:

It isn't 36, it's 3-6, 3 being minimum and 6 being maximum.

Ahh well that makes sense. Perhaps I need to pay better attention. Thanks! :)
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2012
    @ShadowSmuggler - @doodles is correct - as you can see 'Heart of the Golem' does 1D4 (1 dice 4 sides) +2 damage = Minimum: 1 (smallest number on dice)+2=3 & Maximum: 4 (largest number on dice)+2=6 giving you the min and max damage.
    Working on Archaic Custom Inventory right now and I've got the background complete which is about half of the work. Next - I need to arrange all the elements and then start testing. Should be released with BETA 5 without a problem.
    edited December 2012
    If anyone is interested in pre-beta testing (alpha) before BETA 5 release would you please send me a DM. First person will get hands on preview of Archaic Custom Inventory later tonight. Must be able to test it in a normal game play session for a few hours between tonight and tomorrow. Report bugs and feedback via DM with screenshots if necessary. Thanks.
  • TheBlackThroneTheBlackThrone Member Posts: 42
    The mosaic looks great, but the letters really need to go. Either use the BG font, or remove the title entirely.
    @TheBlackThrone - Thanks for the suggestion.
    edited December 2012
    Archaic Custom Inventory is done ahead of schedule. Here is a preview of one of three sword coast mosaic designs:

• sebassebas Member Posts: 56
    Looks fantastic!
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    That is brilliant. Shame the so called professional developers cant even come close to the quality of the modders.
    Great work, and much respect Sir.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Any chance for BETA 5 release today? BTW, where are you from? Which time-zone? Europe?
    edited December 2012
    @Etamin - I'm in the US. Release maybe today or Monday. I still have a few small things to do before release is ready.
    edited December 2012
    I'm creating all new button sets for options, main menu, start menu, record screen and more. Should be a huge improvement from the stock buttons.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Send your CV to Beamdog ;)
    @Balquo - I can't count how many UI fixes I've made due to poor design.
  • Notepic4Notepic4 Member Posts: 27
    @Magevil Poor design? POOR DESIGN? Please your UI is an improvement in every way, you don't give yourself enough credit ;)
  • theoricustheoricus Member Posts: 115
    @Magevil, your work is outstanding :)
    edited December 2012
    I've been working my ass off to get BETA 5 out! Maybe later tonight or tomorrow! Massive improvements...
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Take your time, the 4.0 is really cool for the moment.
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    I concur, take your time, as much as is needed, to get it right and for you to be happy with it.
    I stopped progressing in the game because I'm waiting for a few more patches and I want to finish my mod then I'm going to actually play the game, lol. The wait will be worth it - polished game and GUI. :)
    @Notepic4 - I'm speaking about the stock UI issues like overlapping buttons or incorrect dimensions. Once you start dissecting each screen you see all the bugs and lack of polish.

@Seldar - Each beta release will include a list of pre-determined criteria that I have laid out going in so I won't cut corners.

@Cyph - I'm finally starting to put some polish on the game and its starting look like an 'Enhanced Edition" UI speaking...

@theoricus - Thank you - its been fun.
    Good News: BETA 5 is set for release late tonight!
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    Great stuff! I hope Overhaul are paying attention here and offer you a position or compensation for fixing their mess.
    A few short hours and BETA 5 will be released!
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    can't wait for beta 5.0 ! I've been sick all week end and couldn't check on the progress but I'm back and will test this extensively ^^
    BETA 5.0 Released! Feedback is welcome. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.