Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

For an unarmoured charname. Because I like scarves, mainly.
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Generic cool warrior chick web image, baldurised...

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Would anyone be willing to "Baldurize" this pic of Evangeline Lilly?

• Medivh1234Medivh1234 Member Posts: 95
    edited December 2012
    i "LOVED" the elf picture added by @SharGuidesMyHand

I dont know if anyone here besides me likes Board Games but if anyone do, and anyone own http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/53953/thunderstone

There is allot of awesome cards that can be used as portraits

Somebody might be able to baldurize as you say this one...

[img]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/universalmarc/576_beer_girls.jpg[img]

Now thats Neera right there :)
    Post edited by Medivh1234 on
    @Medivh1234

love the view in that second link. Ill see what i can do
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Kyuu Something like this recolored maybe? It's from DeviantArt and it's supposed to be a Spellfilcher, but she has an animal companion, and if you crop it and recolor the robe, it might do for a Druid...

I'll see what else I can find.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Works for a mage even; has a ferret, which is one of the familiars :)
    image by henning
    image by Moonmomma
    image by dariojart
    image more a ranger than a druid, but... by BenWooten
    This one, only if you put some clothing on her... http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/037/6/f/contest_weena__come_with_me_by_sionra-d4ov6hm.jpg by Sionra

And a note to anyone wanting to help in this on DA... searching for any kind of "African fantasy female" or "negro fantasy female" brings up results that will make you want to scour the eyes out of your head. Too many hideous Poser(tm) models and women with their back-hurtingly huge chests exposed and hanging out everywhere. This was the best I could do on short notice.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @LadyRhian the 2nd one down on the above is beautiful! Not a fan of the bustier-busting one lower down, but to each his or her own. You find some awesome stuff!
    @reedmilfam Believe it or not, Miss Bustier Buster is one of the less extreme set of jugs appended to African female characters. But thanks for the Compliment. African or Darker colored skin female characters are incredibly hard to find. Especially elves, who tend to be depicted as "pale as the driven snow".
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526

Tiax does as ye will, but one day... BOOM! He rules! Heh-heh.
    "Manos potentis PAH!!" *poof*

This set is in "TiaxRulesAll" folder in the dropbox.

Maybe I am blind but I don't actually see this in your drop box...

• SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    I Neera link is not working for me in @Medivh1234 's post :(
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Senash said:

It works but not by clicking on it. you need to cut and paste the link and delete the [/img] and just keep the actual address.
  • KyuuKyuu Member Posts: 8

Very quick attempt at using one of your supplied photos...

I find it... ok. but you may like it fine enough...

That is actually very good and I can definitely use it. Thanks a lot! If I had to make a criticism, I might say that the robe looks a little like a rain coat with the use of the black-with-yellow-trim color scheme. But, that's being nitpicky and it's awesome regardless.

@LadyRhian Yeah, looking through Google image to find good black/dark-skinned models for Baldur-ization I ran into a lot of the same issues. There's a distinct lack of ethnic diversity for BG character portraits, and in fantasy art in general.
    @Kyuu Because fantasy is apparently the Kingdom of white people only (sarcasm. Heavy, heavy sarcasm). I don't like that, either.
    AHF said:

Senash said:

It works but not by clicking on it. you need to cut and paste the link and delete the [/img] and just keep the actual address.
    Uh... sooo silly... Thanks :)
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Not to sound like I am generalising or anything but western fantasy is traditionally (perhaps wrongly) viewed as the domain of the white person(male) and thus it is probably safe to assume most artists who do fantasy work (not all) are white.

So it isn't really surprising they draw "white" fantasy characters.

We draw/write/create what we know.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    There's probably as many reasons as there are artists... but your average fantasy setting is set in something that usually resembles Europe from a climate point-of-view and thus pink people would be more common than brown.

There's probably as many reasons as there are artists... but your average fantasy setting is set in something that usually resembles Europe from a climate point-of-view and thus pink people would be more common than brown.

And also that fantasy worlds are usually based on medieval Europe...

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3985/darkan2l.png

This set is in "TiaxRulesAll" folder in the dropbox.

Maybe I am blind but I don't actually see this in your drop box...

YUUP, got deleted. Its back now.

Attempted the re-color first thinking it would be easier. Found out its quite difficult to turn light skin darker in a realistic way. Heres what I came up with. I may attempt the other photo ones a little later.

I actually like your version better than the original.
    as a side note, I just found out a new and much better way to resize images. This makes me very happy. It also makes me feel like I have to re-do every picture I've ever mae previous now though ;)

Portrait request challange for Evangeline lilly:
    Completed...

BRILLIANT!!!!!

Absolutely better than anything I could've hoped for!!

TiaxRulesAll does indeed rule all! ;-)

What I especially like about Evangeline's face (other than her sheer beauty ;-) ) is her pointed features, which could pass for either a human or an elf - and with her hair covering her ears in that pic, you wouldn't know whether she has rounded or pointed ears.

I also like the fact that you placed her in "light" armor, which happens to make the pic even more consistent with my current elven archer char (can't wear metal armor). Also, placing her in front of a forest background also happens to be consistent with my archer (ranger) char.
  • BlitzzzBlitzzz Member Posts: 2
    Has any1 the portrait for Sarevok from BG2 ToB for BG EE?
  • Jason_SilverainJason_Silverain Member Posts: 38

One more experimenet done before bed.
    Took a Jaime Lannister and did some paint over and re-color. I think it came out alright.
    Full set added to the (TiaxRulesAll) dropbox folder

Great work I think this would be perfect for my paladin (and perhaps my forum avatar if you don't mind) thought this means I'll have to make a dropbox account. ^^;

This discussion has been closed.