Skip to content

So ... Any plans for releasing new DLC in the nearest future ?

Just curiosity :) I want a new content :D

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    There are some interesting files present in the release which you can see if you use near infinity. As to which ones if any will be used for future DLC... We'll just have to guess I suppose.
  • seasea Member Posts: 65
    edited December 2012
    Given the quality of the new content created for the Enhanced Edition, I would kindly ask Overhaul to put any DLC plans far, far, far away in the distance. Preferably until they have hired someone above the age of 12 to write their dialogue.

Not trying to be mean-spirited, just brutally honest.
    dimakeysunset00Lirik
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I don't think Baldur's Gate even needs any new content: it's a pretty complete game as it is. I'd much rather have mod compatibility, all the Unfinished Business stuff added in, and the sort of little tweaks.

Though I won't say no for another dungeon, if it's of the same scale and quality as Durlag's Tower and Watcher's Keep.
    SophiaJarlealeand_then_or
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    I hope that after the holiday we will hear some news, I would be grateful for a DLC in the form of a quality new dungeon, as Chow said..

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    ajwz said:

There are some interesting files present in the release which you can see if you use near infinity. As to which ones if any will be used for future DLC... We'll just have to guess I suppose.

What are these interesting things you speak of which might possibly be used someday?

Dragonspear
  • Infern0Infern0 Member Posts: 44
    I would like to see some new dialogue for the new NPC's if possible.
  • masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51
    In my opinion, Baldur's Gate was nearly perfect as it was. Enhancing it gave some welcome (and thoroughly enjoyable!) touches, but I think that any bolder new content would probably be better suited for a new game down the road. Just my two cents, whatever they're worth. :)
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    I don't really want new DLC, there's already plenty of mods to choose from. What I want are just changes to the game, you know, stuff that can be found in the Feature section of the forum.
    The_New_Romance
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    Much rather have them working on BG2EE then new content for BGEE
    RiolathelFlashburn
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    baaddare said:

Much rather have them working on BG2EE then new content for BGEE

Could not agree more.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    Well there is new content alluded to at the end of the Black Pits 'As the Black Pits fade from your view an unfamiliar site takes shape on the other side.' I'm wondering if this is supposed to take place in BG2EE because at this point your party would be completely maxed out at level 10. But who knows, maybe they will do high level modules for BGEE, that would be sweet, though out of place.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think it has no sense to make a DLC for BG:EE. It's better to release BG2:EE first (rather sooner than later)and only afterwards to make a DLC for it. The story of BG1 continues in BG2, not in DLCs for BG1.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    bengoshi said:

I think it has no sense to make a DLC for BG:EE. It's better to release BG2:EE first (rather sooner than later)and only afterwards to make a DLC for it. The story of BG1 continues in BG2, not in DLCs for BG1.

Plus there is the hinted at BG3

Xavioria
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Theres no point disputing this, there will be some sort of DLC/future content.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    BG1 needs another big city to explore, e.g. Waterdeep. and more quests that send you back and forth across the map, like in 2
  • Michael24710Michael24710 Member Posts: 12
    I think DLC will be a fantastic opportunity for Overhaul to make their project a financial success long term. Just look at the amount of money people spend for minimal content and in app purchases on games such as the simpsons tapped out.

It may be unpopular but if we want the company to invest properly in the game/s we love then we must embrace DLC.

Of course they need to fix the game first.... but seems they are working on that atm :)
    Xavioria
  • ArturArtur Member Posts: 35

Just look at the amount of money people spend for minimal content and in app purchases on games such as the simpsons tapped out.

It may be unpopular but if we want the company to invest properly in the game/s we love then we must embrace DLC.

I highly doubt your average Baldurs Gate fanatic will be this understanding and generous though.

What I found out after having the pleasure of watching them exchange conversations throughout various message boards: They're smart.
  • kingthrallkingthrall Member Posts: 76
    they need to add more weapons, class kits and monsters. A balance in reputation would also be nice with more content in dialogue choices to either remain around the neutral or evil bracket.

I refuse to play black pits, its not even baldurs gate. If I wanted to play gladiator fights I would just play one of the thousand crappy MMO games like chivalry or something.
  • Michael24710Michael24710 Member Posts: 12
    Artur said:

Just look at the amount of money people spend for minimal content and in app purchases on games such as the simpsons tapped out.

I highly doubt your average Baldurs Gate fanatic will be this understanding and generous though.

What I found out after having the pleasure of watching them exchange conversations throughout various message boards: They're smart.
    Perhaps, but you only need a small minority paying to make it profitable. Imagine the coding and man power it takes to produce a game you are going to sell for £30/£40. Instead make a few new weapons/a character and you could probably get a few people paying the £3-£5.

Personally I bought BGEE knowing full well I would likely stick to my heavily modded version.
    sterkelm
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    they've given like five patches so far and that's after TWO MONTHS of the game release, the last one being pretty large. I wish multiplayer worked better so I could play with the person I bought the iPad version for, but I'm holding out hope that it will be fixed very soon.

As for DLC... I'm hoping for newer types of NPCs... perhaps a secondary large city (which someone mentioned above) that seems like a good idea.

Still waiting for more shorties
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Two months? BG:EE came out exactly one month ago.
    MedullaOblongataThe_New_Romancesecretfire
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2012
    I would like to explore the inside of the Gnoll Stronghold...
    KamigoroshiSplodmch202Aedan
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    @michael24710
    "Personally I bought BGEE knowing full well I would likely stick to my heavily modded version."

I'm in the same boat. I'm really loving playing through the game afresh, but once I'm done I'll be returning to the game I've been modding for the last 10 years. I'll still happily support BG:EE though, in everything they do. Well, almost everything.
  • SplodSplod Member Posts: 114
    @mlnevese
    Oooh, I'm with you on that one.
    I'd love to see another dungeon or two included in BG:EE for exploration. The stronghold could be a good one.
  • revanbhrevanbh Member Posts: 38
    Frankly, I'm more interested in mods like BG1 NPC finally working. BG:EE feels bare without many of them. As for new content? BG2:EE should be priority. That way we might play more polished game on release.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    They need to put in the promised content of the xvarts attacking Beregost in their millions in revenge for the burning of their village and their pet bear Ursa being made into a rug...

They need to put in the quest to stop the dead of ulcaster rising up and devouring the brains of all the inhabitants of the sword coast!

They need to stop the red wizards of Thay from turning the Firewine bridge into an inter dimensional portal capable of transporting an army from Thay to conquer Waterdeep, only a weeks march away!

They need to stop the fire elementals conjured by Neera in an accidental wildsurge from burning down Candlekeep!

They need to stop the mad zhent wizards hunting down Minsc to capture his space hamster to power their stolen Halurrian sky ship!

They need to stop the Ankhegs (charmed?) mysteriously working in unity and with a seeming purpose from digging underneath the walls of baldur's gate. If a wall should fall, baldur's gate would be easily plundered by its enemies in Amn.

They need to satisfy, Umberlee god of the sea from destroying the whole of the sword coast in a huge tsunami in the misguided effort to remove the bhaalspawn hiding there from the face of faerun. The only place of contact with the god is in baldur's gate, with the only temple to the god in all faerun!

They need to save Khalid, caught kissing another elf, from the almighty wrath of Jaheria! (This could be too epic to keep in one game... I would be surprised if Khalid lives...)

As we all know. These things were promised. If you actually listen to Noober in Nashkell, really hard, he mentions all this... And promises on his little pinky (which could be cut off and hidden to make a whole new quest!)

IDEAS FOR MORE CONTENT IS EASY! DO IT ALREADY!
    The_New_Romancelolien
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    Calm down, new content takes time... And I would want it to take time so that it's done well. Rudely screaming at them to get on it won't make it get released any faster!
    Anduin
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Anduin said:

They need to stop the fire elementals conjured by Neera in an accidental wildsurge from burning down Candlekeep!

this is actually impossible since candlekeep is protected from fire, both natural and magic. The books are also protected from mold and other destroyers of paper and papyrus.

Everything else though is plausible.
    Anduin