Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Hi,

I loved the NPC Project mod for the original game (the Tutu version I think), which added the ability for party members to engage in proper conversations with you and thus included a host of new dialogue.

Firstly, has this or something similar been included in the EE?

Secdonly, if not, can the EE be modded?

Thanks

Matt
ChillyJennypaladin235revanbhOgaburanKavainkaguanaXenoforgeEnterHaerDalisAkuroCrevsDaakjackjack

Comments

• pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    @Zaarin_2003, Admiral, thank you for the effort. @Deviija said it well.
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    Oh this sounds awesome. I hope the new companions will be included too.
    Xavioria
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    @pekirt glad to meet someone of sufficient experience to recognise my illustrious Imperial career ;-)
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    @Zaarin_2003, well, I did destroy your research facilities and the last of your defenders... :-p ;-)
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    This is my favorite BG mod as well as I keep getting surprised at how much dialog i remember from BG is actually part of this mod. For instance, just starting out, I always bring Gorion's body back to Candlekeep to be buried... well I thought this was a vanilla option but this time it wasnt there, and Im pretty sure this mod added the lines after all. Tons of little things like that...
  • StradlinStradlin Member Posts: 142
    pekirt said:

@Zaarin_2003, well, I did destroy your research facilities and the last of your defenders... :-p ;-)

I can't believe he tried entering hyperspace with cloaking device on*hindsight snort giggle

Thus is the fate for the enemies of the Empire.

.....Err but yeah. NPC project is very..precious to me as well. It is one of the two or three mods I'm willing to wait for..I don't know, six months or so before starting BGEE:
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Yeah, I ended up stopping playing in Nashkel in my first BGEE game so far. Its just... I realized that until this mod is available, I'd have more fun playing my Tutu install. Having realized that, I guess it only seemed logical to decide to wait a few more months...
    TiaxRulesAlljigawtz
  • jigawtzjigawtz Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    This mod added so much more to awesomeness to BG1, is anyone aware of any plans to revive this mod for BG:EE?

Please, I'll donate for it to be done!
    franco
    Cannot wait for this mod to be completed for BG:EE. It's really the only one I want and will wait for it before I start another play-through.
    Edwin
    Sweet!
  • PorcelynPorcelyn Member Posts: 65
    The gibberlings3 website is suspended. Is there anywhere else to find it's progress?
    jigawtzZaarin_2003
  • SeveronSeveron Member Posts: 214
    I'm really hoping that this mod can be done for BG:EE. I had hoped that the enhanced version would already include this as it adds a huge amount of immersion I feel.
    jigawtz
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    I have to say, I don't play tutu with many mods, but BG1NPC, Indira, and Finch I always use.
  • ArcmystArcmyst Member Posts: 3
    How do we track the progress of this mod? It should be a much needed addition to the game.
    Zaarin_2003
  • Zaarin_2003Zaarin_2003 Member Posts: 33
    @Arcmyst I wish I knew. Even the Gibberlings3 website is down :-(.
  • XivirielXiviriel Member Posts: 166
    Why is the Gibberlings 3 site down? Is it permenant? Will it be up soon?
    @CamDawg I summon you!
    AdulDraconisPrime
  • OgaburanOgaburan Member Posts: 83
    Any news on this?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Ogaburan ... since CamDawg's post four hours ago? ;)

Hang tight. They'll get the issue sorted when they can.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    :\
  • aquilaeaquilae Member Posts: 10
    Even an approx ETA would be nice.
    edited December 2012
    @aquilae Just be patient, please. These things can be unpredictable and difficult to organise, and there are a thousand ways in which it could go wrong. I'm sure that when theacefes and Cam know when the site will be back up, they will tell people.
    jigawtz
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    Anyone know, is it just the compatibility being worked on this mod or are there plans for future additions?
  • aquilaeaquilae Member Posts: 10
    Oh I was actually referring to the NPC Project, an ETA on that would be nice.
    @Bubbleboy The mod is complete as it is, I don't believe there are any future plans.

@aquilae I don't think there's an ETA yet; it's a big amount of work and an extensive amount of testing, so it could take many months before it's ready for public consumption.
This discussion has been closed.