Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    OMG this is the most beautifull inventory that you ever made :D really congratz :D thank you for back to work:D
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @cryocore - whatcha think of the new screenshot?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Truly a work of art. I bet many will welcome the return of the wood carvings and scrollworks. The various coloured gemstones add a harmonic feeling to the inventory as well.

If I may suggest, changing the 'pillar' into an Irminsul would be marvellous!
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Genuinely triple-checked that screenshot to see if I was imagining things or not. If you're trying to make the inventory screenshot more fantasy-esque, you've certainly succeeded.

A very minor suggestion: I like the little orange orbs on the corners of the character avatar box. Maybe add them to the corners of the other boxes in the inventory screen? (would be even cooler if you could have a range of colour choices for them, but that sounds like too much hassle)
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2013
    *mmmh* to be honest: this screen is not my cup of tea. the borders are too thick and i don't like the fish-like look to the left. the vertical beam from top-picture to picture to what (readied items?) looks out of place. The whole construction to the left looks like a submarine. but i do l ike your border-ornamentations. i look at the screen and somehow feel overwhelmed. there is too much going on there for my minimalitic taste.
    @Beatman - Thanks for your feedback. The finished design will not emphasis the borders as much or the fish like design as you call it. The background and all the elements will come together better. You must not like the original BG2 designs then if you're that minimalist.
  • BeastmanBeastman Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2013
    Archaic said:

You must not like the original BG2 designs then if you're that minimalist.

Yes & No. How to say it. Your new screen has many different shapes. This makes the hole screen uneasy to the eye. I like neatly stacked or side-by-side placed boxes. Sorry, can't explain better in english. Hope you understand what i try to get across ;-)

• RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    I like the mix of BG1 and BG2 styles in the new inventory, plus now you wont get so many request to adapt your mod when BG2EE comes out.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Actually considering BG2EE will be using the same engine, with a different dataset, this mod should work without any changes.
  • cryocorecryocore Member Posts: 121
    edited January 2013
    Archaic said:

@cryocore - whatcha think of the new screenshot?

That my friend is perfect. You never fail to impress and your flexibility and accommodating nature are frankly beyond compare. Thank you so much I couldnt have asked for more. It needs a little refinement and some cleaning up but its definitely more artistic and in keeping with the BG aesthetic,

edited January 2013
    @Sylvus_Moonbow - LOL

@cryocore - Glad to hear it man. It will blend together much better on the final version. Its a very early alpha design. I really just wanted to get a screenshot out because I haven't done so in awhile.

@mlnevese - That sure would be nice if it was cross compatible.

@Rasekov - You are right on that one. It's so difficult trying to find a middle ground that everyone likes. But it also creates challenges and I have competitive nature so I guess it works out. I'm looking forward to incorporating this style throughout the rest of the screens.

@Tome - Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking into a way to spice up the boxes on the left but I don't want to over do the gems. I think I will wait until the design comes together a bit more until I figure that out.

@Aliard1806 - Thank you. Glad you like it.
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    OMG!!! The best Inventory screens ever!!!!
    Congrats , you could be one of the official dev team of the game!!!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Looks good! I do still prefer the previous, darker colour scheme - if I'm honest.
  • TimTim Member Posts: 38
    The only problem I see in that is, that you can't see where everything belongs. (In which box you have to place the Amor for example).

But apart from that it really looks great.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Liked(1) it!
    Is there any other header variants?
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Looks good, I vote for number 2 there.
    Also, with the new getup it might be useful to add little silhouettes of the items in their respective slots. A dark helmet in the helmet slot for example. Making them like 70-80% opaque would ensure that they don't stand out that much either then.
    edited January 2013
    @Tim @Rasekov @DerDuke @Drugar @mlnevese - This is a design concept and not an in-game screenshot. The in-game screenshot will have the item/silhouette icons for reference like usual. Thanks for the feedback.
    @Anton - Yes there will be a plethora of different art options.
    @mlnevese - no vote? which one do you like? DC2?
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited January 2013
    The 2nd one uses too many layers\colors and takes away attention from Items\paperdoll
    I prefer the first one, although they're both great! :)

Just out of interest, could you show us how it would look replacing the 'fish' shape of the inventory box with a rectangle? I'm not sure, but I think that might make it look even better.
    @Tome - the amount of work you're requesting is too much. So going to have to say no. Its an oval not a fish. lol.
    edited January 2013
    Heh, fair enough. :)

However, I'm pretty sure it's not an oval either. :P Maybe a shield?
    @Tome - I guess you would know best since you designed it right? :P
    edited January 2013
    Ouch. :P

Not insulting your design or anything, it's great, but I'm really not sure that it doesn't fit the criteria to be an oval. Feel the sting of my Nitpick +5!

Edit: Not asking you to change the shape, by the way. It's awesome as it is-just debating whether it's an actual oval. :P
    If you don't like concept 2 please tell me why so I may try to improve it. Thanks.
    I think the only real issue with v2 is the fact that all the detail in the background feels slightly over the top, making it feel like there's too much going on. Still looks great though.
    @Tome - Thanks for the feedback thats what I need to hear to help improve.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    I'm going to say concept 1, the 2nd just looks too busy and has too much going on. plus once you get the in game placeholders it might look even busier. busier? too busy? English! Hell yeah!
This discussion has been closed.