Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• Mike_HuangMike_Huang Member Posts: 2
    Archaic said:

@Mike_Huang - You need to be more specific which font element are you looking to change? Also are you trying to change the font or the size?

I want to chang font in the dialogue.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @Mike_Huang - It's not currently possible to use custom fonts outside of the standard fonts within the IE for BGEE.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Perhaps it is worth to play a little bit with this spot:
    Subconsciously mind sees this element as a button and it distracts quite a lot
    edited January 2013
    I've posted a lot of screenshots lately and haven't gotten much feedback...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Archaic In my line of work lack of feedback is always good news, it means people have nothing to complain :)
    Can we have inventory above usual game screen? I mean without this freakish brown background..
    I think this button feels lonely :(
    edited January 2013
    @Anton - That "freakish brown background" is the usual game screen background in Archaic GUI. What are you talking about...
    edited January 2013
    @mlnevese - yeah - its not really a complaint more of a concern because zero feedback at all typically means people aren't seeing the screenshots at all.
    edited January 2013
    @Archaic I mean is it possible inventory screen to apear above usual game map. Why cover it with brown..
    edited January 2013
    @Anton - No, I've looked into a transparent background but I was unable to find a way. Some of the UI elements are hiding in the background by the Infinity Engine and they become visible once the background is removed.
  • ShadowSmugglerShadowSmuggler Member Posts: 44
    That record screen is a work of beauty. No need to change anything there. As for the other screen shots, I can't see anything wrong with them either. :)
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Hey Archaic! Love youre work, one of the main things I was looking for in the BGEE version was a better UI witch really uses modern FullHD.

cryocore has said something about an 1080p version, is there a plan to manually scale the screens (inventory...) so that there isnt going to be such a huge space only covered by this backround while using 1080p?? :-)

@Record Screen: I like the way the colors are working together. But when it comes to the record screen I always dreamed about using the whole screen, in a way that I cant see all the detailed information without using my mousewheel. Is it in some way possible to get all of this stuff on a single page?

Cheers for all the great designs/arts!
    @Schopenhauser - I may create a 1080p version that utilizes the whole screen but that is way down the road. Right now I cant do that type of design because it doesn't work for everyone. I try to stick to designs that work for everyone. Thanks for your feedback.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Schopenhauer
    Hey "Magic"! :-) The new record screen is gorgeous, but part of me agrees to you. It might take a serious amount of creativity to make huge wall of text appealing to the eyes though.;p

edited January 2013
    Want to know how long until BETA 6 is released? You may now see how far the development process is by checking the RELEASE NEWS section on the front page of this thread. You'll be able to see what screens I'm planning to revamp and the percentage of overall completion. Hope this helps give people a better idea of where I'm at with the BETA 6 release.
    Magic here :-P
    Bigger buttons might be easier to push. Im not so sure if I like the "blue stone" on top of the portrait.

PS: Like the progress-update on page one!
    edited January 2013
    @Schopenhauer - These are bigger buttons then the previous screenshot...they don't need to get any bigger. What color stone would appeal to you better?
    Sorry for double post.

That might be too radical of a chance, but even with the standard resolution I would love to see the space being used more efficiently. Some of the new information added by Beambog dont deserve that prominent spot. And most of the buttons you only need one or two times in a game (e.g. Information, Kit Description, Export, Customize? and Dual-Class.
    If it would be possible to change the space distribution in a way that the buttons get smaller attention and the new space would be used for all the information (without scrolling) I think youre awesome UI would not only improve the look but the usability by a lot.

Cheers!

edited January 2013
    @Schopenhauer - I understand where you are coming from. I honestly wouldn't mind more information being displayed but there are many reason for this not happening. Too much text does not look appealing and I cannot change the font size of the text on the buttons leaving me with limited options. There is a lot to fit on the records screen with limited screen space. Honestly I'm very limited by the IE on what I can change. Thanks for your input.

You did not answer my previous question...you don't like the blue stone? So, what color would be more appealing to you?
    edited January 2013
    Archaic said:

I'm going to redo the buttons for this screen with some larger more fitting buttons.

Great! I was going to say that buttons need to be re-done for better consistency :)
    Also buttons on all other game screens have distinct thick borders.

P.S. +1 for the full record screen without mousewheel.
    edited January 2013
    @Anton - Seems a bit picky don't you think? This is how the buttons were created in the first place. Different border sizes for different buttons and locations on the GUI. I don't see any issues with this at all. Lets try to focus on things with a bit more substance please. I would rather put my time into something of more value to the community like getting BETA 6 release out. I value your feedback and appreciate your support. Thanks.
    @Archaic
    Ok. Will try to focus on "bigger" things.
    Sorry if that's sounded too picky. My inner perfectionist haunts me.
    Hey! Regarding the color of the portrait-stone: I think its just a bit too eye catching. But thats just my opinion. I think I would prefer something not so unique in youre color palette (mb a green like the tendril?)

Im thinking the old scrollbar was kind of necessary for people not so used to BG, with theses changes they might oversee it totally.

And thanks for youre answer! A pity the UI cannot be brought to display all the information in one screen.
    I was even imagining a combined screen for the map and quest log, as well as a combination of the inventory and character screen for a 1080p version in the future :-O
    But you are totally right to prioritize this version. And you are on a good way!
    edited January 2013

Im thinking the old scrollbar was kind of necessary for people not so used to BG, with theses changes they might oversee it totally.

This^

Although i do like the new one.

Too bad we can't change the UI in order it to adapt for bigger screens by displaying all the text&information within 1 window if user has big monitor.
    @Anton @Schopenhauer - I don't see how its necessary for people who are new to BG - this is a MOD not the standard version of the game. I'm not catering to newbies here, lol. Plus if you can't figure out that its the scroll bar then you have no business even installing BGEE in my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.