Skip to content

Are you a troll?

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Mungri said:

Well, I've signed up to over 100 forums, and only been perma banned from two ... and only just realized that both those bans were for a) calling babies disgusting, b) posting dead baby jokes.

The moderator on the forum never changed diapers than? It's disgusting! (Well so disgusting I never actually did it myself. Don't need too, as I'm just an uncle, but those little things my brother and sister put on this world get fun when they start talking back and you can communicate with them).

Belegurthlolien
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    edited November 2012
    @Belegurth insightful all over the place XD
    Belegurthlolien
  • eltonbarreleltonbarrel Member Posts: 262
    roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll roll ro.... ehi! you! what do you want? don't you see i'm rolling?
    it is clear taht i'm not a Troll! roll roll roll roll roll roll.......
  • thedemoninsidethedemoninside Member Posts: 188
    My views are open-minded and controversial, and I am unafraid to start conversations that examine issues in greater detail than "I hate this because most people do!"

So since I am not some super polite sheep just trying to baaah my way through life, I get referred to as a troll. Some people want to just have more interesting conversation. Doesn't make them trolls!

Yeah I got a bit of a chip on my shoulder with this post, but at least I remain friendly while the "Proud to be Awesome" crowd slings insults.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629

My views are open-minded and controversial, and I am unafraid to start conversations that examine issues in greater detail than "I hate this because most people do!"

So since I am not some super polite sheep just trying to baaah my way through life, I get referred to as a troll. Some people want to just have more interesting conversation. Doesn't make them trolls!

Yeah I got a bit of a chip on my shoulder with this post, but at least I remain friendly while the "Proud to be Awesome" crowd slings insults.

I see you're trying to be provocative again. Honestly, wasn't messing up one topic and making a moderator angry at you enough already?

Being controversial is fine as long as you're not being childish about it.

I see you're trying to be provocative again. Honestly, wasn't messing up one topic and making a moderator angry at you enough already?

You are pretty awesome.

You are pretty awesome.
    No, I'm not. I'm just getting tired of people dropping flame bait under the false guise of having so-called controversial views.
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I Am Afraid That I Feel This Thread is Rather Racist
    I Do Hope That The OP Is Not Intending To Use The Results As His Advantage In Order To Flush Out Those Such As Myself
    I Am Warning You In That Case That I Have A Chainsaw And I Am Not Afraid To Use It
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited January 2013
    Post edited by Djimmy on

You are pretty awesome.
    No, I'm not. I'm just getting tired of people dropping flame bait under the false guise of having so-called controversial views.
    I wish you weren't so angry.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2013
    Apparently I am a troll now. Cause you know, apparently pointing out the logical fallicies in someones view point makes me one. So yay!
  • H0RSEH0RSE Member Posts: 115
    It's been awhile since I've eaten a child, and I only live under a bridge for financial reasons...

You are pretty awesome.
    I wish you weren't so angry.
    I see what you did there.
    lolien

You are pretty awesome.

No offense Kitteh but you are the same. Just in the opposite direction.

You are pretty awesome.

What about you, then? It's not like you're innocent either.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    There's the bait and the baited. I figure it's good sense not to be either of them.
    edited January 2013

What about you, then? It's not like you're innocent either.

And my point. She is made.

Look Kitteh - I do like you. You seem nice, but you are far too prone to defensiveness and reactionary white knighting. I am sorry to say.

I am not saying you are wrong to call people on their bullshit, or make mistakes, or erroneous assumptions. You are human like the rest of us. And thats fine.

I just think you fail to take two things into consideration...

1) This is a forum, thus ALL communication on it takes place via text. And often it makes it difficult because text does not communicate tone, or meaning, all that well.
    2) People aren't perfect. They make mistakes, say stupid stuff without quite meaning to, don't communicate themselves very well. And generally make all round pillocks of themselves sometimes.

I think you work on the assumption that EVERYONE is a dick/is being a dick all the time, and thus react accordingly. Because you fail to take into account the 2 above points.

I know I am not perfect. I know I come off a douchekettle sometimes. Sometimes I am in a bad mood and post when I shouldn't, things that I shouldn't. But I know in spite of that I am a decent person, and that I at least try to be nice to folk as much as I can online.

You...don't seem to. Because, like I said, I think you assume everyone is a dick. Until they prove to you that they aren't.

Could be wrong, but that's how you come off to me. And because of that I don't think you really have any room to criticise.
    edited January 2013
    I believe its fine to discuss opposing views on pretty much anything. It's all in good fun...and hey...someone might even learn something. Some people call this trolling.

Directly insulting someone is just lame though. There is no topic of discussion out there that is so important that insults need to be tossed around. My dad recently got involved in a political debate with my cousin. While my dad remained calm, my cousin resorted to name calling, basically proving that he was not smart or mature enough to have those kinds of discussions, especially since he put politics before family.

It's the main reason i will not be that way to anyone. I may indirectly offend someone, but I'll never call someone something they don't want to be called.
    Post edited by thedemoninside on
  • ToofyToofy Member Posts: 36
    I am a meat popsicle
    [Deleted User]
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    Troll?!? No troll. FIREFIST!!!

Let's see how many will get this one :)
    Chow
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    cyberarmy said:

Troll?!? No troll. FIREFIST!!!

Let's see how many will get this one :)

High-five for having an above-average taste for good games.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'll try to not troll at all on this forum :)
  • Chaotic_GoodChaotic_Good Member Posts: 255
    Everything I type makes me look like a A-hole

Look up tree man pic below

http://img.izismile.com/img/img2/20091217/tree_man_06.jpg
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Chaotic_Good Oh, that's one of those guys who has Epidermodysplasia Verruciformus. I saw a TV show about one of its sufferers, and how he finally got the operations he needed to look mostly human. It's a form of HPV, and is complicated by a lack of his immune system.
    Chaotic_GoodSCARY_WIZARD
  • LythunylLythunyl Member Posts: 30
    Chow said:

I Am Afraid That I Feel This Thread is Rather Racist
    I Do Hope That The OP Is Not Intending To Use The Results As His Advantage In Order To Flush Out Those Such As Myself
    I Am Warning You In That Case That I Have A Chainsaw And I Am Not Afraid To Use It

The worst thing is that, even though I know what you're doing, your all caps at the beginning of each word is still tilting me. Grr.

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited January 2013
    Yes i´m a troll. A very nasty troll to be precise. I like to troll and not to be trolled so dont troll me cuz trolls cannot troll each other... trolla!
  • Eldoth_KronEldoth_Kron Member Posts: 18
    No what I meant to say was "See here now? I'm a Lich...give me your money!""
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I have been known to live in a cave, someday I will grow troll wings and move under a bridge. But until then, I don't think I qualify :(
  • eltonbarreleltonbarrel Member Posts: 262
    ehm.... hi.
    someone's smelling to a troll, or a troll's smelling a human.
    are both stalkers?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

I voted.

Now where are the muffins?

I, too, voted. I would like my muffins with blueberries. Or cranberries!