Skip to content

Translations are under way !

CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
edited November 2012 in Archive (Volunteering)
We are ready for volunteers to help translate Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.

Here is today's status:

Language Completion Status
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese Simplified 75%
Chinese Traditional 75%
Czech 75%
Polish 99,9%
Korean 1%
Norwegian 0.88%
Japanese 0%
Italian 75%
French 75%
Spanish delayed
German 99.9%
Ukrainian being worked on by PlayUA
Russian being worked on by PlayUA
Brazilian Portuguese 75%
Turkish 29%
Danish 1%

If you're interested in helping out let me know. If you want your language added let me know that too.
* Polish volunteers please report to @powerfulally .
Post edited by cherrycoke2l on
AndreaColombopowerfulallyasgothnioniosbbbbNecdilzorKhamillAlparonThe_New_RomanceShapiroKeatsDarkMageAntonfumy1903OphlyumkangaxxFallenPaladinKyondarrenkuoMoaanSophiareedmilfamArgusSilver_MoonDrian_Thierfelminster

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited July 2012
    What means offline? Regarding a status.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279

What means offline? Regarding a status.

It means it's not ready for volunteers yet. they should be ready shortly.

NWN_babaYaga
  • EsfingeEsfinge Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2015
    Post edited by Esfinge on
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @CameronTofer
    I would like to help for the italian translation. I translated several mods in my language and I would do my best for this project.
  • powerfulallypowerfulally Member Posts: 261
    @CameronTofer I want to, but in few days I'm going for a trip for a few days and there's no Internet connection. If that's not a problem, count me in for Polish language :)
  • KrystekKrystek Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2012
    @CameronTofer I'm willing to help with the Polish language. Now I have a lot of free time and I am extremely excited that I'll work with a game. Baldur's Gate is my number one of all games ever.
    This is my e-mail: krystianwalkiewicz@gmail.com
    Post edited by Krystek on
    powerfulally
  • causeisunknowncauseisunknown Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2012
    @CameronTofer Me and my forum friends would like to help Turkish translation. Please, add Turkish language to your list and give us the documentation.
    nioniosbbbbyusufyilmaz
  • theggenestheggenes Member Posts: 2
    I'll be able to contribute to the norwegian translation.
  • nioniosbbbbnioniosbbbb Member Posts: 17
    Would there be ANY hope for a Greek translation?
  • IsuelIsuel Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I’m a big fan of The BG series and professional proofreader, so I will be very happy to help you with checking Polish translation.
    powerfulally
    @nioniosbbbb Yes, just ask @CameronTofer to include your language version and he'll tell you. It's better to send him PM I suppose :)
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    @CameronTofer I'd love to help with Polish translation. I have no experience with any major translations yet, but I've been actively playing RPGs in both English and Polish languages for many years now. I think my skills are sufficient for this task and considering the amount of time I'mable to spend on it in the upcoming months, I'd be happy to give it a try!
    powerfulally
  • WapniakWapniak Member Posts: 1
    @CameronTofer I can help with Polish translation, 25% is a lot of text, so I guess you need hands to work. I'm interested in the game since I first got the computer, so I think that I'm the right man :)
    powerfulally
  • ludi889ludi889 Member Posts: 2
    @CameronTofer I too can help with Polish Translation. If I need to be honest, I never play Baldurs Gate (I want to start it with this Enchanced Edition. But i play a lot of other RPG's of course), but I know this game is a legend. I'm not professional at english, and transaltions, but if there's something that I can do, just say :)
  • mrozyckimrozycki Member Posts: 3
    @CameronTofer I would like to help with Polish translation. I believe my knowledge of the English language is good enough to let me participate in this project. I also have a lot of spare time now.
    powerfulally
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    No portuguese option? not even PT? (i would like BR but at least one). I will play in english the game anyway but it's more for a patriotic sense that i ask.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    If there was a Portuguese option I'm sure it would be PT-BR.

Maybe they're not asking for help with Portuguese because they already have it covered?
    @kamuizin I guess he just missed it, Portugese was one of the first language forums here and the language support for it should appear :)
  • CokaneCokane Member Posts: 4
    Hello I'd like to help with translation BG in to Polish. I played all BG games and I've manage both languages pretty good. I also have quite a lot of free time to spare for a noble cause :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Nice :)! Just want to remember that exist TONS of unnoficial BG translations on internet for many languages and that can help a lot, after all the original content was not changed so probally 90% of the old game would fit well on the unno translates.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited July 2012
    @CameronTofer I can offer my help for french if needed :)
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @CameronTofer can i ask how many translators are working on czech language? thank you
  • JesterRaiinJesterRaiin Member Posts: 1
    I'll be glad to help with translating the game into Polish.
    powerfulally
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    I'm french and the coordinator of the french translation team "The d'Oghmatiques" who translated the BG1 NPC Project which represents more strings than the original game.

I would like to know how much % the last 25% means compared with the orginal game. The 75% are from the original game or really translated?
    @Graoumf from the original game
    Graoumf said:

I'm french and the coordinator of the french translation team "The d'Oghmatiques" who translated the BG1 NPC Project which represents more strings than the original game.

I would like to know how much % the last 25% means compared with the orginal game. The 75% are from the original game or really translated?

It's an estimate on my part at the moment. Right now the French translation hasn't been edited from the original game. I'm estimating another 25% to go for edits, new strings imported from BG2 and new strings from the Enhanced Editions.
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    edited July 2012
    @powerfulally The original game has something like 24 000 strings (with ToSC).
    That is to say that there are 8 000 strings to translate in... 2 months? Do you want the foreigners languages to be done at the same time than the english release?
    azurit said:

@CameronTofer can i ask how many translators are working on czech language? thank you

Currently 1 translator: @christof . He was responsible for translating the entire original BG1.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    @CameronTofer I may not fully understand, but there is a french version of BG2. Thus, news strings imported from BG2 may be imported from the original BG2 french edition.

Or at least, copied :)
    theggenes said:

I'll be able to contribute to the norwegian translation.

Great! I've added you. That makes 2 on the Norwegian team.