Skip to content

NPC Preview: Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @LadyEibhilinRhett Was it you who said you would possibly be up for voice recording? If so, meet CuChoinneach, also known as a forefather of every mod you have ever loved. :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You really want to fight an actual dragon in BG1?
    Sanctifer
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited February 2013
    I actually always thought that the "dragon" being just a huge wivern was kinda cool !

Like we're all just a bunch of newborn adventurers and peasants, thinking such a big dangerous creature with wings has to be a dragon, as we never saw a real one...
    How naive, how "BG1" of us ^^
    JamesDarksheer
  • CuChoinneachCuChoinneach Member Posts: 105
    That's why I had made it a young dragon that was trying to find himself new territory. But I have a name for him. :)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013
    James said:

Can I slow it down? i.e reduce all experience earned by 10 or 20%

Maybe there are better ways to do it, but a simple solution is to just raise by 10 or 20% both the XP required to level up (this is a simple matter of editing XPLEVEL.2DA) and the XP cap.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    I remember killing Firkraag at level 10. Killing a lesser dragon should be hard but possible for a xp capped party.

I still like the idea of the big wyvern, though.
    Indeed. A level 7-8 group should have a tough but good go at it. :)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What can I say? Looking wonderful! Vihane and Jenna are so hawt! Are they romancable?
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    That's a half-orc cleric/thief, isn't she.
  • _Crusher_Crusher Member Posts: 10
    Wonderful portraits!

I love evil characters, I remember playing once with a group purely evil, it was fun spreading terror by the Sword Coast.

Two evil characters with a hidden agenda is something fantastic. NPCs appear to be complex as the BG2 NPCs, I'm loving it.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    @Isandir Would it be rude to ask who Jenna was based on? She looks familiar to me
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm LOVING Vihane!! and Juoda! Can't WAIT to play this when it's released :)

I swear completeing a playthrough is going to take me HOURS!!! OMG

(almost squealing fromt the excitement) EEEP
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    You asked for more evil NPCs, you got them. ;)
    Oxford_GuyCuChoinneachXavioriaWithinAmnesia
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Jenna look really great.
    She simply MUST be romanceable.
    ( Also i hope she is evil too )
    edited February 2013
    Edvin said:

Jenna look really great.
    She simply MUST be romanceable.
    ( Also i hope she is evil too )

Well... she may be evil or she may not be... one never knows. I can't say much it would ruin the mystery. ;)

No Spoilers here! :)
    @CuChoinneach
    And what about her class ? Can you reveal it or is it also too big spoiler ?
    ( She look like Fighter/thief to me... )
    edited February 2013
    Edvin said:

@CuChoinneach
    And what about her class ? Can you reveal it or is it also too big spoiler ?
    ( She look like Fighter/thief to me... )

She likes to dance in the shadows... :)
    Thank you.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    @Fafnir: You're close, but not quite.

@Lunar: We're working as quickly as we can just to get everything updated to BG:EE. We'd love to put in a lot of things, but it ultimately depends the decision to release it sooner or keep adding new content. In short...it's still up in the air.

@IchigoRXC: Jenna's portrait, as well as most of the others, are based on professional models. I don't recall the name of the one I used as the base for her portrait, but do I remember that she was not someone I recognized.
    lunar
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    All of these portraits look amazing ( both the older and the new). I have never played this mod, are any of the NPCs romanceable (and if so - are there same sex options)? Is there a continuation of this mod in BG2?
  • _Crusher_Crusher Member Posts: 10
    Hey guys, any progress about the DSoTSC? How much percent is still lacking for the conclusion of the project?
    Still a while to go yet. Making some pretty significant changes and updates. This will truly be DSotSC:EE :)
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    @_Crusher: I will second what @CuChoinneach just said. We're particularly indebted to @CoMSolaufein, who I think may not have anticipated the initial update project becoming this much larger, and has been very patient with the ideas being thrown around.

To give you an idea of what's being worked on, several new areas are being added (or changed from the original release), four new characters are being developed from scratch, all original items in the mod are being revised, and many new items and spells are being added. This doesn't include other revisions to account for the changes in having the BG2/BG:EE engine rather than BG.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Isandir If you can answer... are all the reused areas being changed for new ones?
    mlnevese said:

@Isandir If you can answer... are all the reused areas being changed for new ones?

I can answer... yes! :) Everything I wanted to do originally but was unable to!
    mlneveseWithinAmnesia
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @CuChoinneach I really can't wait to play this :)
    CuChoinneach
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    Just wanted to say that this is hands down one of my favorite BG mods (whole trilogy) and I'm very happy you guys are updating it to EE! can't wait to play this!
    WithinAmnesia
    Thanks @Spaceman_Spiff !
    WithinAmnesia
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    So if I read the spoiler right there will be some Kits too for this mod ? Nice :)

There are new Kits comming with the new patch. Will some of you NPCs use them ?