Skip to content

NPC Preview: Dark Side of the Sword Coast

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited February 2013
    This project looks great and I compliment the portaits on their technique. I will (with regret) raise my $.02 that some of the portraits are immersion breaking for me due to their resemblence to modern actors (like #7, the Paladin, and Morik for example). They are quite well done and that is just my view (and presumably I can switch out the portrait(s) if it becomes enough of an issue) so I don't want to be griping about nice work but I felt this reaction everytime I preuse this thread and so thought it might be worth mentioning.
  • CuChoinneachCuChoinneach Member Posts: 105
    Some things you can look forward to:

- Original DSotSC Quests have been expanded (New Areas, More Content, expanded story)
    - New Quest(s) with new areas
    - Original DSotSC NPCs will be revised/balanced and dialogs/stories expanded (maybe romanceable if it makes sense to do so.)
    - Some original DSotSC NPCs that did not have quest will now.
    - 4 All New NPCs (2 of which were originally planned but did not make it in the original release)
    - Some of the original DSotSC NPCs and all of the new NPCs will have class kits (some made specifically for them).
    - New creatures
    - Original DSotSC creatures rebalance and given true abilities (i.e. Vampires)
    - Items rebalanced
    - Some new weapons (one very original...no spoiler!)

More details to come.
    mlneveseFoggyFina92WithinAmnesia
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Yummi, thanks for the informations. Looks nice.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    One of my favorites mods for BG, eagerly awaiting the EE version release. The new portraits are pure awesomeness and the mod features makes for a hell of an adventure. O Keiria, how I missed you!
    CuChoinneach
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    @AHF: Which celebrities do they remind you of? Neither has an actor or celebrity as the base image. In fact, only one of the 13 portraits does, and so far no one has noticed it... :)
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited February 2013
    @Isandir - I know you didn't use famous actors as the base models, they just look to me like very modern, polished images dropped into a very different setting to me. Probably speaks more to my own limitations, but when I see the Paladin, for example, what immediately comes to my mind is "the Practice":

Tschakong
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited February 2013
    Will the new creatures include one rather large one of a green hue? (Trying not to spoil here, although I'm sure folks who have never played the mod can guess.) That for me seems a no-brainer. I'm just coming back to this after 4-5 years away from the game, but last I looked into this the animation was updated to BG2 in appearance but the combat scripts were still using the original BG1 creature. Anyway, I am so looking forward to the revision of this great mod especially with that creature updated. Some would argue it is too difficult for a BG1/EE party. But that just makes me feel like: alright then, bring it on. I'm especially looking forward to battling such a creature in BG:EE with SCS:EE installed.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Lemernis Large creature... green... Hey i didn't know the Hulk was in the mod! ;)
    edited February 2013
    @mlnevese Yeah, green giants are the new creatures... Hulk Smash! LOL
    mlneveseWithinAmnesia
    @Lemernis I guess we'll need a +4 two handed sword of Hulk Slaying. :/
    mlnevese
    How would you like to have a "Harper Scout" and "Feywarden of Corellon" in your group... coming soon! :)
    mlnevese
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    mmmm kits, tasty tasty kits
    mlnevese
    Oh yes... that and more. :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Between this and the BG1 NPC project, my old mod appetite is pretty much sated. I am a very happy BG:EE owner :)
    Fina92mlnevese
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I am ashamed I never tried this famous mod before... Really looking forward to that!
    Xavioria
    Well soon you will have your chance and it will be even better than before.
    Fina92SpaceInvader
  • DraconisPrimeDraconisPrime Member Posts: 26
    IchigoRXC said:

Between this and the BG1 NPC project, my old mod appetite is pretty much sated. I am a very happy BG:EE owner :)

Query: Will this be compatible with the BG NPC project for BG:EE?
    In any case, I'm looking forward to this mod... keep up the good work!

IchigoRXC said:

Query: Will this be compatible with the BG NPC project for BG:EE?
    In any case, I'm looking forward to this mod... keep up the good work!
    I am expecting it will be. :)

Thanks!
    DraconisPrimeFina92
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Not having much experience with mods, I have a question. Will this mod with so many interesting new NPCs and some with their own quests, coincide simutaneously with the original BG1:EE and with the original NPCs?
    Yes!
    Eudaemonium
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

mlnevese said:

@Isandir If you can answer... are all the reused areas being changed for new ones?

I can answer... yes! :) Everything I wanted to do originally but was unable to!
    Great, this was something immersion breaking before, that the areas were all recycled ones.
    Yes...back in the day, we didn't yet have the means to create and use new areas.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited April 2013
    This tension is killing me...
    @CuChoinneach
    Do you have any secondary tasks for mortals?
    Something what can speed up release date.
    What's left to be done ?
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Something horrible just happened. I discovered this mod, I saw all the new NPCs, I made a sound along the lines of "EEEE!", I noticed more new NPCs, I saw more information on it, my arms flailed in joy.

...and then I discovered it isn't out yet.

Seriously, this looks amazing and I will be keeping my eye on this. Thank you for the hard work.
    Fina92
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Thanks. We are working hard to get it updated with BGEE
    Eudaemonium
  • Maelora69Maelora69 Member Posts: 75
    This looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait!
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    edited May 2013
    Is this the one that was written by the European team?

I remember trying a Big World installation once and being totally taken out of my element by the questionable dialogue, but that was just one of the gazillion content mods, so I don't know whether it's this or not.

EDIT: I think the one I'm thinking about had an NPC named Will O'Hara or something?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    NTotSC?
    IecerintWithinAmnesia
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @CuChoinneach @CoM_Solaufein how are things going? Can we expect DSoTSC this summer? I like to try it again now when You can use full modding potential that You were unable to use on initial release. In fact I'm planning to wait for it with my next play-through so just wonder about progress.