Skip to content

Game Update 1.0.2014

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited February 2013

mlnevese said:

Aosaw said:

That's why all the developers display on the forums as TARDIS-blue.

Should I dare to ask why moderators are grey?
    Only in some browsers, in IE9 on Win 7 I'm black, but I'm grey in Safari on Mac OS X...

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Erg said:

mlnevese said:

Aosaw said:

That's why all the developers display on the forums as TARDIS-blue.

Should I dare to ask why moderators are grey?
    Only in some browsers, in IE9 on Win 7 I'm black, but I'm grey in Safari on Mac OS X...

All to true!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'm very unhappy with Update 1.0.2014, mostly because BG:EE is supposedly the one-stop shopping product that doesn't require players to filter through mods and all of the issues that come from them when done poorly. For the most part, I roll with the punches and realize that this is a work in progress. However, certain things break the core (so to speak) and damage more than the new content.

Most specifically, I'm bothered by two things that appear (to me) very relevant and problematic:

1) Stat MAX/MIN is now bugged. No later patch will 'fix' this as far as I can determine. DEX is an extremely important statistic and losing 1 point arguably negates the damage resistance that a Dwarven Defender would receive at level 5 (they get hit 5% more). Patching this later will not restore the lost point. The fix posted here did not work for me (why was it necessary, again?).

2) Tethoril/Firebead quest now broken. I haven't yet applied the 'fix' for this, as I just found out this morning. However, I'm not as bothered by the one quest being broken so much as the distinct possibility that Update 1.0.2014 also affected other quests and that the scroll quest is the first we've noticed.

I realize that Ish Happens, but this seems bad.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Aosaw is American.
    Bhaaldog said:

Jalily said:

@Aosaw is American.

You learn something new everyday.
    Why did you think he was Canadian?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes, but their more recent hires are from all over the world. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Not to mention the Martians...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Stop revealing my secrets, @mlnevese!
    @Aosaw Hey I said no names! And everyone already knew about the Martians since the Mac launch countown timer was done in Martian metric hours anyway...
  • arkanuzarkanuz Member Posts: 14
    Can steam users download the BR-PT translation from another source? I'm getting very angry with steam because of that u.u!
    @arkanuz No. The old Balduran translation is not compatible with BG:EE.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    Been away for a while but still follow and thank you for every update! and this one is massive! Once major bugs are sorted out can't wait for new content!
  • JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
    Custom Soundsets are not fixed :(
  • JixoJixo Member Posts: 12
    I guess its better than nothing. Disappointing that the Enhanced Edition is a step backwards from the 1998 version in the custom soundset flexibility. Limiting the amount of soundsets and renaming them just to have the feature work isn't a real fix.. putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Jixo
    It's a step back and a step forward; this change also allows modders to add strings to their soundsets, which means that the function can do more now than it could fourteen years ago. It's not ideal (and there's still room for improvement, certainly), but it's a step in the right direction.
  • VortakaVortaka Member Posts: 173
    I don't know if I'm insane or whatever but custom soundsets works great for me at least! It's a little sad that the custom soundsets are only for BG1 (aka A to M) but, I'll survive! :p
    Bhaaldog said:

On my first play through of EE and I picked up the Belt of Antipode off Gorion's deceased body. For some reason it seems significant. I cannot think why...

Just don't wear it when Kobold Commandos are about, is handy when Winter Wolf Hunting or when someone behind you is using the Wand of Frost, though...
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2013
    Bhaaldog said:

Is Doctor Who popular in Canada?

Yes, at least among the more nerdy types. As is Top Gear.
    Jixo said:

I guess its better than nothing. Disappointing that the Enhanced Edition is a step backwards from the 1998 version in the custom soundset flexibility. Limiting the amount of soundsets and renaming them just to have the feature work isn't a real fix.. putting a band-aid on a gunshot wound.

There's no limit for number or name if you add the sound set to CHARSND.2DA. If you don't want to do that you can use the shortcut and name the files CUSTOM1~9. It may change later but I can't promise it.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Jalily said:

Aosaw is American.

Canada is part of America though :o It most certainly isn't Europe or Africa.
  • Jedi_GnomeJedi_Gnome Member Posts: 92
    Help! Not sure if this is the result of this patch, but I noticed the following:

Jaheira can no longer use wakizashi? I have recently given her the scimitar proficiency which said it includes wakizashi's. She had been using it. Now I noticed it's greyed out as cannot use. She is currently equipped with it, but if I remove it, I cannot give it to her anymore, says she cannot use this weapon!

My ranged characters now walk up to enemies, whether it's a bow or a sling. I can sometimes make them stop and then fire, but if the target they are shooting at dies, they walk up to another target.

Are these bugs or changes?

Help! Not sure if this is the result of this patch, but I noticed the following:

Jaheira can no longer use wakizashi? I have recently given her the scimitar proficiency which said it includes wakizashi's. She had been using it. Now I noticed it's greyed out as cannot use. She is currently equipped with it, but if I remove it, I cannot give it to her anymore, says she cannot use this weapon!

My ranged characters now walk up to enemies, whether it's a bow or a sling. I can sometimes make them stop and then fire, but if the target they are shooting at dies, they walk up to another target.

Are these bugs or changes?

I'm pretty sure Druids are only meant to be able to use Scimitars (i.e. not Ninja-Tos nor Wakazashis), so I think it's probably intended
    Bhaaldog said:

Bhaaldog said:

On my first play through of EE and I picked up the Belt of Antipode off Gorion's deceased body. For some reason it seems significant. I cannot think why...

Just don't wear it when Kobold Commandos are about, is handy when Winter Wolf Hunting or when someone behind you is using the Wand of Frost, though...
    Ah you obviously missed the infamous thread in the Feature Request Section! Thank you for the advice though.
    Bhaaldog said:

Bhaaldog said:

Ah you obviously missed the infamous thread in the Feature Request Section! Thank you for the advice though.
    Ah, I missed that - do you have the link to the thread, I couldn't find it when I looked just now
This discussion has been closed.