Skip to content

Android release date

I see a lot of people wanting the game on there device, blah blah blah...

All I want to know is when will the Android version be out?

Seem to be even though the ipad version is out the dev's are all working on it still patching. Anyone working on the Android version? Where is the love?

Any news would be great for an impatient fan :-),

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    @Trent said yesterday on twitter:

"Android is in the works. We're just killing bugs."

So I hope that means it will be out soon.
    The latest news on the android release:

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    souns promising, but still - that can mean in 2 days, or January... I so hope it will be done before christmas...
    come on devs...give us an x-mas present! :-)
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Crosses fingers, toes and anything else that there are simple fixes and will be done by Weds for my long-haul flight!!! (Doubt it though ;)
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    Play demo on gemrb, that can pass a lot of time.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196

I actually installed this some months ago and can verify it works. But it has some very annoying bugs. A new UI is definately needed.
    Michail said:

I actually installed this some months ago and can verify it works. But it has some very annoying bugs. A new UI is definately needed.
    Same here. I tried playing BG1 on gemrb and found the existing bugs made the game unplayable.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    cmk24 said:

Michail said:

Same here. I tried playing BG1 on gemrb and found the existing bugs made the game unplayable.
    Well, it is almost unplayable unless you have an add-on keyboard. I own an asus transformer so that wasn't really a problem. I even got the whole game to run, not just the demo, by copying the BGII files from the pc. However, this does not mean that the task undertaken by the devs is not monumental. Especially if you take into account the multitude of skins android devices use. I am content to wait until it is ready.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I agree with Michail. Original BG just was not made for tablet's touch-interface. But the iPad users are happy with how the devs have managed to adjust the interface, so I have high hopes.

Does anybody know what is the process for submitting a game to GooglePlay? And how long does it take? I still hope for a christmas present from Overhaul...
  • ZaelZael Member Posts: 2
    When I did it a year or two ago, it took 15 minutes... Maybe
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Google have a less stringent and open policy I am led to believe. So shouldn't be that long after submitting. Still doesn't look like it will be available for tomorrow for my flight :( LOL
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    Google does not validate/test anything submitted to Google Play, so it virtually takes only the time to upload it and click on "Publish".
  • palpatine87palpatine87 Member Posts: 4
    So it's probably good idea to check and confirm, when this marvelous gift comes from above into google play, that it's genuine and not some sort of hoax, like one with angry bird star wars
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    Just make sure to check:
    - it's a paid app: anyone can upload free apps, paid ones requires a double bank account check between Google and the publisher
    - look at the developer email address reported by the Play Store, it can't be a fake one because it's strictly related to the bank account check

sounds silly, but the publisher name and the support website count nothing, only the above two items are really certified by Google
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    The lastest From Twitter:
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    @y0ru We are going to release for Android. It might take us a little time yet, but we are going to do it.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Chet said:

The lastest From Twitter:
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    @y0ru We are going to release for Android. It might take us a little time yet, but we are going to do it.

Saw that yesterday.... I'm like a kid again that can't wait until Christmas morning - what does, "a little time yet" mean??? Your kill'n me Trent.
    The last thing remotely resembling a release timeframe was back in November: "We're hopeful Android is only a week or two behind."

It has been 2 weeks since the iPad got its version. I think they are very close, but are having a few problems with the APK. "A little time yet" might mean later today or it could mean early next year.

I'm looking forward to playing it, whenever I get the chance.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I wouldn't expect any new version this year, Android, Windows iOS or OSX.
    Trent said as much in his "Happy Holiday" thread over in the General area. It was posted yesterday but I did not read it until recently.

I'm disappointed that the Android release has not happened yet, but I believe it is still coming. And if I find I cannot wait, it is possible to buy the PC Enhanced Edition (or iPad version if I had the device). So really waiting is optional (Expensive for those needing to buy a new device, but still optional).

I'm still overly excited that the game will be coming to Android and look forward to playing it while on the bus, train, or plane when I travel. I wish the best of luck to the team in the new year. I hope they return from their break refreshed and happy to continue the work they have started.

Happy Holidays Android Fans! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
  • Gamalin666Gamalin666 Member Posts: 4
    Well it's nearly March now, not that I want them to hurry and release a bugged version but would it be possible to give some sort of idea, of a release date?
    I have been waiting for something like this for my N7 so I am a little impatient if I am honest :Op
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 8

Well it's nearly March now, not that I want them to hurry and release a bugged version but would it be possible to give some sort of idea, of a release date?
    I have been waiting for something like this for my N7 so I am a little impatient if I am honest :Op

This has been a long wait... a little more communication would be welcome.
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    I completely agree. Waiting without any idea of how long it is going to be has been somewhat frustrating. Some sort of indication of when the release date might be would help to alleviate this feeling.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah, but my guess is that they dont *have* a date :p
  • SiriomSiriom Member Posts: 12
    giving you a date will not make anything go faster , it will not make them sell more copies but having you hang around and coming back looking for info and talking about it will create "buzz" about the game and that might lead to more sales.
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    Knowing that does not make it any more tolerable, it just adds to the frustration if they are purposefully withholding the date to create "buzz". I am not convinced that is the reason, though, more likely it is because they have been burned several times already.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Yeah, if they had a date they were confident in, they would say so I think. But intil they are very confident it will be quiet I guess...
  • FrebuFrebu Member Posts: 14
    Siriom said:

giving you a date will not make anything go faster , it will not make them sell more copies but having you hang around and coming back looking for info and talking about it will create "buzz" about the game and that might lead to more sales.

You know except anybody checking the android forum will see that no info is being released and there is not even a general release window. In an age where communication over the internet is so easy, a lack of it is truly a buzz killer. While they were finishing mac there were posts every day about progress...........but very little about the android release is being said at all.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    After everything that happened when the EE had to be delayed it's no surprise at all the devs do not want to commit to any date.
  • ShadowWolfShadowWolf Member Posts: 33
    so i just logged in after 3 months and still no android version? ugh
    Via Twiter @TrentOster

@fowler002 Android is still in the works. My Nexus 10 did show up thought, so we can start looking at that hardware.
    1:32pm - 4 Mar 13

Same kind of reply as back in December. Three months of "Still working on it, almost there maybe." ugh indeed.