Skip to content

Bacon vs. Chocolate

Comments

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I'm going to be honest about how I feel on the issue, I try my best to respect the beliefs on anyone who is a vegan... but ultimately, I never can. I know that there are some people who have health reasons for being so, or even religious reasons, and that's okay, I can at least understand those things... but for the most part, my experience of vegans in general has been that almost all of them are simply looking for a reason to passive-aggressively look down their nose at you because you still eat meat or drink milk. Why do some people go so far out of their way to find reasons to claim the moral high-ground any way they can?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @deltago: No! Impossible! It's...It's...Heresy! Aaaaaaahhhh!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited March 2013
    I've heard the screams of the vegetables, have you?

Just give peas a chance.

LemernisGozeta
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Gozeta
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    Bacon of Verulam.
  • MedullaOblongataMedullaOblongata Member Posts: 434
    BACOOOOOOOOOON!
    Gozeta
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Bacon is the food of the Gods!
    Gozeta
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    I'm pretty sure I've seen chocolate dipped bacon being sold at the yearly rodeo here o_O
    Gozeta
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Try chocolate with cognac. Candlelight also helps. Great memories.
    Gozeta
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    Actually I like both but can only have bacon once or twice a year since it contains too much salt. Had some Sunday with a cheese omlet. I've never tried bacon with chocolate though. sounds yummy! :)
    Gozeta
  • XerneasXerneas Member Posts: 1
    I don't even need to think about it, Chocolate all the way. Love it..even if it makes me chubby-ish.
    Gozeta
  • ZiminairZiminair Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2013
    Bacon lovers unite?

@Lemernis
    It is impossible that chocolate is winning against bacon, I call a recount against this blasphemy. XD
    lolienGozetaDiomedes33
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Maybe next easter we could all give each other Bacon instead of chocalate...

Yeah.

We can have a "Find the ears of the easter bunny hunt!" And the kids would run around the garden finding the bacon, that amazingly looks like deformed rabbit ears if you squint a bit.

Then we can have a fry up and eat all the bacon.

Kids will boast and say... I got enough bacon to last me till Christmas!
    ZiminairlolienGozeta
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    broccoli with bacon is good too, but i can't deny it. I'm a chocolate addict.
    AnduinJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    I find munching on a head of lettuce to be pretty relaxing, never used food to de-stress though.
    lolienJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    If it's either of the two and nothing else it'll be bacon. Standalone Chocolate is great but I wouldn't eat tons of it. If I can have bread with it though, chocolate all the way.
    lolienGozeta
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    I voted bacon earlier. I stand by that. Tonight I plan on eating bacon in fact.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited April 2016
    I can't remember what I voted for... :/

Edit: Ah-ha! Chocolate! :) Some things never change. :smiley:
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    Bacon is so good, they made a bacon flavored cream cheese...and I am eating it now. A cheddar cheese bagel with the bacon cream cheese, a slice of jack, and a hamburger patty. Some good stuff.
    lolienGozeta
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Sports.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    edited April 2016
    Mushroom.

That go with everything.

Every.THING.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    KcoQuidam said:

Mushroom.

That go with everything.

Every.THING.

You are generous.
    KcoQuidamJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    @lolien

Your avatar made me hungry.

I wanna eat you now.

Nomnomnom.

(If you're ok of course. I never eat unwilling vegetable)

• AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    Milk chocolate, with shredded nuts. I'm also partial to chocolate-flavoured Mudshakes.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    When I saw the thread title I honestly thought the question was going to be "Which would you rather have in a sandwich?" (I'm not into health food, in case you haven't guessed).
    JuliusBorisovGozeta
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    dunbar said:

When I saw the thread title I honestly thought the question was going to be "Which would you rather have in a sandwich?" (I'm not into health food, in case you haven't guessed).

Regarding which to have in a sandwich.

lolienKcoQuidamJuliusBorisovGozeta
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    You can't even get real bacon in Australia. Although chocolate is better than bacon anyway; far more versatile.

On a random necromantic response to earlier in the thread - we can grow our meat replacement in a vat now - Quorn. Which is both pretty amazing stuff scientifically, and actually pretty nice in general (as evidenced by the fact my wife and I eat it on occasion despite not being vegetarian or vegan). It's well-textured so it doesn't give the "this is not meat" feel of a lot of other meat substitutes - Quorn "chicken steaks" feel like the real thing, but so does ground beef/Quorn mince. It can sometimes be a little bland, but depends what it is - the mince is great for shepherd's pie.

Quorn! If hypergrown vat mycoprotein turned into startlingly realistic facsimiles of real meat isn't The Future, then what is? Other than whatever Elon Musk is up to.

(Chocolate is still better, though.)
    Gozeta
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    KcoQuidam said:

@lolien

Your avatar made me hungry.

I wanna eat you now.

Nomnomnom.

(If you're ok of course. I never eat unwilling vegetable)

TOTAL PEDANT ALERT

Mushrooms are not plants; fungi are an entirely different branch of life, and are actually more closely related to animals than they are to plants. For instance, their cell walls are made of chitin, the same material used to create insect and other arthropod exoskeletons. Also, like animals and unlike most plants, they have to find food in their environment and digest it, rather than using photosynthesis!

Now that I have pointed out the flaw in your obviously serious post that was to be taken seriously, regular serious posting may continue with hopefully no interruption from my pet peeves. I am very sorry. :blush:
    KcoQuidamGozeta