Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG:EE *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Corvino said:

There are 2 +2 scimitars available earlier, one in Cloakwood the often gets missed and vanishes if not picked up within 10 days of first entering Cloakwood Map 2. The other one is in Durlag's Tower, and so the Baldur's gate one may be available earlier for many players who do not seek it out.

If the Cloakwood scimitar is missed then this is the only offhand scimitar for Druids ingame.

Excluding Drizzt's, but they're not always appropriate to obtain RP-wise
    nsr
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't entirely cede the point that it is largely irrelevent, but I'll add it to the list anyway on the grounds that more information is better than less.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I never mess with Drizzt. Seems like a hiding to nothing, and he gets pretty annoyed if you export a character to BG2 with them.
    Corvino said:

I never mess with Drizzt. Seems like a hiding to nothing, and he gets pretty annoyed if you export a character to BG2 with theuum.

I never attack him, but do sometimes pick pocket them if not contrary to my alignment, but are there reprecussions in BG2, if you do steal them in BG1, then?
    lol, only if you're dumb enough to remind him about it
    "Ring of infravision has been moved to a store in NW baldurs gate, next to the merchants league counting house (in a container)"

You can find one *much* earlier than that, I can't remember where, but I found this with a Level 2 character...
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

"Ring of infravision has been moved to a store in NW baldurs gate, next to the merchants league counting house (in a container)"

You can find one *much* earlier than that, I can't remember where, but I found this with a Level 2 character...

I just got that early one too - I think it's either Mulahey, the Amazon Bounty hunters or Tranzig that drops it.
    Wanderon said:

I just got that early one too - I think it's either Mulahey, the Amazon Bounty hunters or Tranzig that drops it.
    It's definitely before the Amazon Bounty Hunters, Malahey sounds more likely
    If you give me a name, I'll add it :)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    ajwz said:

Nimbul has a Ring of Infravision (checked with NI in v2014).
    mjs
    Erg said:

ajwz said:

That's where it was in the original game, but in the older versions of bg:ee, it was no longer there.

Since it appears to have be moved back, the notification is no longer relevent, so I'll get rid of it.
    ajwz said:

Erg said:

ajwz said:

That's where it was in the original game, but in the older versions of bg:ee, it was no longer there.

Since it appears to have be moved back, the notification is no longer relevent, so I'll get rid of it.
    I think there may be more than one available...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ajwzOxford_Guy
    tilly said:

@ajwz Thank you again for making this list. c:

Happy to know there's a +2 spear in the game now :D ... that doesn't stab you back ^-^

Indeed, there are some nice spears in BG2, so it's great to have something usable in BGEE now to prepare for this
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Oxford_Guy
  • YamxelaYamxela Member Posts: 13
    I can't get Melkin to trigger at Duchal Palace area in Baldur's gate on my second run. I already passed where he potentially is when Neera was not in my group. Do you think that may be the reason why? I've experimented getting more dialogue options with her but he still doesnt show up.
    Experimented by going back to older games and used all dialogue options but can't get the little runt to show up! very frustrating...
  • GlaykithGlaykith Member Posts: 14
    Yamxela said:

I can't get Melkin to trigger at Duchal Palace area in Baldur's gate on my second run. I already passed where he potentially is when Neera was not in my group. Do you think that may be the reason why? I've experimented getting more dialogue options with her but he still doesnt show up.

From what I recall, Melkin doesn't show up until after you've completed Neera's business with Adoy.
    Glaykith said:

From what I recall, Melkin doesn't show up until after you've completed Neera's business with Adoy.

Unfortunately thats not it, I've already done Adoy. I'm beginning to think that my game just doesn't have him. I've heard of other games missing NPCs like Tamoko before so that's what I'm going to assume unless someone has any other ideas. Thanks for trying to find a solution.
  • dawnlancedawnlance Member Posts: 25

If memory doesn't fail me, this ring drops from the assasin appearing inside the Nashkel inn, the one before Nimbul.

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    She gives you a Helm of Infravision, so a ring as well would seem kinda redundant.
    [Deleted User]

She gives you a Helm of Infravision, so a ring as well would seem kinda redundant.

I obtained both early on, but can't remember from where

• WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418

I obtained both early on, but can't remember from where

Actually it's Nimbul who drops it...
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited April 2013
    Lemernis said:

Okay, here is the list in document form.

(In the next day or two I'll add links to locations for scrolls.)

@Lermernis This is awesome, but slight correction. Karajah's +3 Leather is Leather, not *Studded* Leather. Furthermore, it's been there since ToTSC.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited April 2013
    Thx, @Quartz. So the Karajah's +3 Leather in Durlag's is not in fact not something new added to EE? If it existed somewhere else in the game and got added in a new location in EE it should be on the list. But if it was always there, then I'll remove it.
  • LaceLace Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2013
    Hi, just adding another cool long sword to the list:

Varscona +2, dropped by Greywolf after you agree to protect Prism in the Nashkel Mines map (outside).

Edit: never mind, I didn't realize this was only for new EE weapons... sorry!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited April 2013
    Didn't read all the posts so maybe someone already update this one:

Rashad's Talon +2 (Scimitar) - On Durlag's Tower (Roof). On the Durlag's Basilisk area (access entrance at the bottom right of the 2° floor). Entrer, kill the first Basilisk and Follow the stairs up to the area with 2 greater basilisks (and 1 normal basilisk if i'm not wrong).

At the left portion of the area there's a VERY SMALL spot in a post (alike the one outside friendly inn's arm where we get the ring of wizardry), there's a Rashad's Talon +2 there.

There's a staff mace on the game now also, but i forgot where i found it. There's a Staff Spear also now, i believe this item didn't exist on the old BG, but again i forgot where i found it.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Lemernis said:

Thx, @Quartz. So the Karajah's +3 Leather in Durlag's is not in fact not something new added to EE? If it existed somewhere else in the game and got added in a new location in EE it should be on the list. But if it was always there, then I'll remove it.

It's always been there.
    TressetSCARY_WIZARD
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    kamuizin said:

Didn't read all the posts so maybe someone already update this one:

Rashad's Talon +2 (Scimitar) - On Durlag's Tower (Roof). On the Durlag's Basilisk area (access entrance at the bottom right of the 2° floor). Entrer, kill the first Basilisk and Follow the stairs up to the area with 2 greater basilisks (and 1 normal basilisk if i'm not wrong).

At the left portion of the area there's a VERY SMALL spot in a post (alike the one outside friendly inn's arm where we get the ring of wizardry), there's a Rashad's Talon +2 there.

There's a staff mace on the game now also, but i forgot where i found it. There's a Staff Spear also now, i believe this item didn't exist on the old BG, but again i forgot where i found it.

@kamuizin Those items are not new to EE. Kirinhale (D's Tower) always had the staff spear and the staff mace has always been in Dradeel's cabin (werewolf island). The Rashad's Talon in the post on D's Tower has always been there, unlike the one that can now be found in Cloakwood which is new to EE.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @ajwz The Demonknight has a scroll of glitterdust. That is new.
    ajwzSCARY_WIZARD