Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    Great work, Sol! I'm looking forward to this, can't wait to battle the green dragon.
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    Agreed, this sounds truly amazing!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Got their portraits in the right format. Also changed some of their portraits. Nikita has her updated portrait that I use in her BG2 mod.
    I am redoing part of the mod's plot. When this happens there will be a joinable NPC that you can recruit.
    edited June 2013
    I should be testing this mod in a game but there's a change of plan from the first post. Two joinable NPCs that are a BGEE exclusive for the time being. I am working on them right now.
    They are:

Thorin Stoneblade
    Race:Dwarf
    Class: Fighter (Dwarven Defender)
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR 18/94
    CON 19
    DEX 16
    INT 11
    WIS 10
    CHR 13

Biography

When asked about his past, THORIN says he's from the famous Stoneblade clan who were once Durlag's captian of the guard for many years. His grandfather was the last to serve Durlag before bad things happen to Durlag and his people. He would like to travel with the party to Durlag's Tower to retrieve some family heirlooms that may still be there and see what happened to his grandfather and the famous Durlag Trollkiller.

Nikita
    Race: Human
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

STR 16
    DEX 18
    CON 13
    INT 11
    WIS 10
    CHA 14

Her thief abilities are concentrated in hide in shadows, move silently, disarm and set traps. Just like a good operative should be.

Biography

NIKITA's past is something that she keeps to herself. From what you do know is that she was an orphan for a time until she was brought into Section in her late teens. They trained her to be a charismatic assassin who killed evil individuals. All of this was done for the greater good. But over time Section became corrupt and started to mirror the evil they were fighting. Nikita was liberated from Section when you destroyed the organization.

Thorin is one of the mods original NPCs that I had wanted to be in this mod. I never got that far with the NPCs for this mod until now. Nikita was an idea I had ever since I released her as a BG2 mod. I changed part of the mod's plot so she can join you now. In the final meeting with Section you would have fought her along with the other leaders. Now she leaves before the fight because she doesn't believe you are evil, what her bosses is doing is wrong, etc.

No real "dragon" in the first version of the mod. That will take some work. No new encounters in this version either. The two new NPCs will be like the BG NPCs, pack mules but good in a fight. At the moment I don't have the time for elaborate banters and witty interjections. Perhaps in a future release.

The first release will be an open beta. You download it, you play it, I would appreciate feedback. Now before that happens I have to finish writing Thorin's joining, parting dialogs so I can test the mod in an actual game play. ;)

*Nikita portrait by Enkida
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    Going through my Tutu install of DH, I found some dialogs I was writing for this NPC http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=3791.msg56230#msg56230 Morwen Alanadel that I forgot all about. She even has some interjections already written and a banter or two. Hmm. Plus she has a secret in regards to the plot of the mod and your alignment.
    Holy crap! Hell yes to new NPCs! I've kind of used the usual NPCs to exhaustion, so this is exciting news. :D
    Thanks
    James
    That portrait looks more like a Dwarven Defender.
    alannahsmith
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    First picture fitted best imo
    AedankilleahSanctifer
    Work, work, work.
    JameskilleahTRoar
    Installed beta 0.00 and I am starting to test the mod. Met Mendas in Candlekeep and he killed me. Had to reload.
    Silent_Mark
  • NightbloodNightblood Member Posts: 6

I'm working on Dark Horizons for BG:EE. I'm thinking it won't be too painful of a process to convert. There will be some new things though.

I already have a dragon quest, but in this version you will fight an actual dragon.
    A few more bounty hunters and other lowlife. The Sword Coast is supposed to be a dangerous place after all.
    I will be making use of some of the powerful spells and enemy scripting, so some fights will be hard. I've always considered this mod a tactical mod after all.

This will be part one. Part one I want to get released ASAP.

Part two I will finally add in the NPCs. At the moment they will have a few dialogs, nothing elaborate like you find in BG2 mods.

• NightbloodNightblood Member Posts: 6
    Solaufein I played many of your mods hope maybe u could make a ravenloft type mod. With lots of undead, lycanthropes, etc some new kits geared toward fighting creatures of the night. love your mods keep up the good work.
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. The upcoming Version 3 of the BG2 mod, The Undying, will have all sorts of undead, especially the end boss in one of the quests.

Solaufein I played many of your mods hope maybe u could make a ravenloft type mod. With lots of undead, lycanthropes, etc some new kits geared toward fighting creatures of the night. love your mods keep up the good work.

Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    Made it to the Friendly Arm Inn. Couldn't buy anything from the merchant caravans that I have there, my charname is poor. I would post screenshots but I can't at the moment, being a beta tester for the EE games.
    I'll have to move the merchants in my weapon and armor pack mods. They're a little too close to where the DH merchants spawn at the Friendly Arm Inn.
    I went all the way up to Ulgoth's Beard just to recruit Thorin. He joined without error. But I did have to change his spawn global. You have to accept Hurgan's quest to go to Durlag's Tower for Thorin to appear.

But before that I kept having my ass handed to me from the elf encounter at the Baldur's Gate bridge and I'm a level 4 party. I'll have to dumb them down.
    The elf encounter sounds challenging! How many enemies are there in this encounter?
    3 Guards and 2 bosses.
    James
    Morwen Alanadel a possible NPC in a future version of the mod. Discuss.
    James
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Will she have a bard kit?
    edited June 2013
    I don't think the game kits fit her. She's not really a fighter. She uses her mind and charisma to get what she wants.
    alannahsmith
    Thorin is the tank like I thought he would be. He likes hammers. I gave him the dwarven thrower and he has the highest kill ratio.
    edited June 2013
    A lot of silent observers.
    Did the Najara encounter and had to reload since two of my characters died and then my character died. Did some tactical fighting instead of being arrogant and do a frontal attack with that experienced encounter.

One step away from going to Section. But my party isn't really ready for that challenge.
    It was only recently that I played through as a Bard (Blade) for the first time. I never used the NPC bards. Now that I know how they play, I think they're a pretty sweet class.

Looking at her stats, she looks like she'll make a great addition to a team! The artwork is sweet too.
  • periusperius Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    will Hobbin and Ira be in this release or would they be added in one of next ones?
    Thanks.
    TRoar said:

It was only recently that I played through as a Bard (Blade) for the first time. I never used the NPC bards. Now that I know how they play, I think they're a pretty sweet class.

Looking at her stats, she looks like she'll make a great addition to a team! The artwork is sweet too.