Skip to content

What's the newest thing you've learned about BG?

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Syntia13 said:

I learnt that... when ordering an ankheg armor from Mr. Thunderhammer, if your character has 22 charisma at the time, AND 6000 gp, you can talk the smith into making the armor within just one day, instead of ten. Never happened to me before. Truly, a charming mage with a Friends spell can accomplish nearly anything. :D

I think that may be new with BG:EE. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing something about them changing how long it takes to make ankheg armour a while back.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Don't try to pick-pocket Tethoril. Kablammo!
    BelgarathMTHZaghoul
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    Hull's Long Sword is breakable!
    tbone1Blackravenmegamike15
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86
    Joia at the Friendly Arm Inn is evil.
    TJ_HookersemiticgoddessRaduzielBlackraven
  • Irish437Irish437 Member Posts: 16
    If you are outdoors when it starts raining you can actually get struck by lightning.
    procco
  • FlashheartFlashheart Member Posts: 125
    chbrooks said:

Joia at the Friendly Arm Inn is evil.

In the original BG, Joia is Chaotic Neutral. She is also a Fighter/Mage (5/5) and *ahem* Male!
    TJ_Hookersemiticgoddess
  • CronatosCronatos Member Posts: 44
    Wanderon said:

Cronatos said:

I've just learned that summoning a Nymph and telling it to Dominate you when you don't have any party members is an automatic game over.

And you would want the nymph to dominate you because of your submissive nature or was there actually some gameplay reason you thought this might be a good idea?
    The thought process went something like 'Let's see what Nymphs can do... hmm, Dominate... wait, can I...? Huh. Apparently, yes. Also, I need to reload.'

On another note, if you have more than one, they can dominate each other, though they'll be hostile when it wears off. I also summoned four nymphs, had two dominated and waited for them to wear off to see what would happen. Results were predictable; the two pairs promptly attacked each other. Lots of biting and clawing and spells flying around.
    joshuar9476
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    edited June 2013

Hull's Long Sword is breakable!

Nice! I always just assumed it was immune because it was a named sword. I always returned it to him, or sold it for profit, and never used it myself.

Also, I'm pretty sure the time requirement for the Ankheg Plate Mail was lowered in a patch. It used to take 10 days, as previously mentioned. It still takes too long and should be automatic like Cespenar's upgrades.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Same, but one day earlier :p. it's just so stupid...
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    I just learned that Mordenkainen's swords are not immune to Web, though the wiki states that they are.
    tbone1semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Well, if there's one thing that would be easy to lasso, it would be a razor-sharp flying sword.
    JoenSotbone1JuliusBorisov
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Interesting, I thought it was done just so it seemed that either the Flaming Fist had acted against the guild (some NPCs in my modded install refer to that), or that it was the carnage that Sarevok left behind on his way to he undercity.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarIsewein
  • SinaheribSinaherib Member Posts: 38
    In Chapter 7 if you go to Merchant's League and talk to Aldeth Sashenstar, he will betray you and secretly call Flaming Fist. I don't know if it is a part of a mod, but I have only learnt this during my latest playthrough.
    DaevelonJuliusBorisov
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Sinaherib wrote: »
    In Chapter 7 if you go to Merchant's League and talk to Aldeth Sashenstar, he will betray you and secretly call Flaming Fist. I don't know if it is a part of a mod, but I have only learnt this during my latest playthrough.

No mods involved; after you are framed for murder he reports you if you talk to him (that little piece of s**t)
    StummvonBordwehrSinaheribJuliusBorisov
  • SinaheribSinaherib Member Posts: 38
    Daevelon wrote: »
    No mods involved; after you are framed for murder he reports you if you talk to him (that little piece of s**t)
    I see. Well, at least I managed to kill him before he was able to flee (it didn't affect the reputation anyway). We saved his life twice(!!!) during the recent weeks and that's how he repays us? Next time I'll side with druids in Cloakwood, that's for sure.

JuliusBorisovDaevelon
  • BelacRLJBelacRLJ Member Posts: 51
    I learned that darts are awesome and totally worth the micro.

Gave Alora the cheetah boots and a selection of darts, and allowed myself the cheesy tactic of switching out dart types via inventory screen mid-combat. She and Korax basically soloed Mutamin (Edwin helped with a Spell Thrust and Protection from Petrification). Several hits on him with Darts of Wounding while Korax ate the basilisks, and he just stood there failing to cast spells until he died.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarStromael
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    Yes, Mutamin is a gnome and therefore does not get shorty save bonus vs death (poison). Darts of wounding for the win.

Actually I must try darts of wounding, arrows and bolts of biting vs Davaeorn. We'll see if protection from normal missiles will stop any of those.
    Aerakar