Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    They might. We'll see how it goes.
    perius said:

will Hobbin and Ira be in this release or would they be added in one of next ones?

I'm going to cheat my party in level and other things and go take the fight to Section.
    edited June 2013
    I made it through all six levels. I lost Jaheira at the second level. I had to deal with making to the other levels without a healer. Good thing for potions of healing on the section guard bodies. I do love the banter between the Section bosses as on how to deal with you. It was something new I added.

I recruited Nikita also. So both of my NPCs have joined without a problem.
    Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    mlnevese
    After Cloakwood Mines, Wendell encounter (hostile druids) for whatever reason his dialog crashes the game at the last dialog state. Don't see a damn thing wrong with it.
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    What's Section, Sol?
    the enemy
    edited June 2013
    Screw it. This game is so damn stupid. No more dialog for Wendell. He and his party will just be hostile.

Moving on.

After Cloakwood Mines, Wendell encounter (hostile druids) for whatever reason his dialog crashes the game at the last dialog state. Don't see a damn thing wrong with it.

Post edited by CoM_Solaufein on
    Went to the expanded Ulcaster Dungeon. Afraid Nikita didn't last in the second level. Guess she wasn't the elite assassin I had hoped she would be. Killed all of those vengeful ghosts and went to the nearest temple to resurrect Nik.
    I'll go to the end game of this mod's main quest and if everything works out, I'll release beta version1.
    After thinking it over, the Skald kit may suite her. She is seeking adventure and what do Skalds sing and tell tales about? Deeds of valor and epic battles.

Will she have a bard kit?

alannahsmithTRoar
    Completed the final part of the mod at Oversight. Afraid Nikita didn't hang until the end again. She died at the final confrontation.

Now to so some final preparations and release the mod.
    Beta 100 released. See the first post.
    alannahsmithTRoarMalk
    Wrote some back history about Morwen.

Morwen Alanadel a possible NPC in a future version of the mod. Discuss.

Schopenhauer
    Wow, really? I finally get an older mod compatible for EE and there is silence?

I am certainly in no rush to get the planned additions in future releases now. I'll just go back to playing the Fallout games and writing my novel.
  • periusperius Member Posts: 2
    I for one thank you as i wish to see all great mods from vanila to be ported into EE and i guess all this atari stuff is stoping some of the people from even reading moding part of forum
    Schopenhauer
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473

Wow, really? I finally get an older mod compatible for EE and there is silence?

I am certainly in no rush to get the planned additions in future releases now. I'll just go back to playing the Fallout games and writing my novel.

It feels like the forum have died a bit in general since the delay in the patch and now the total stop in development for BGEE & BG2EE.

I have followed your posts for Dark Horizons and I'm really looking forward to play it on my next play through, though I'm probably going to wait and see if they can get their problems solved etc.
    Schopenhauer
  • TRoarTRoar Member Posts: 50
    I appreciate it too, Sol. I've downloaded it and will play it as soon as I get a chance - life's a bit crazy at the moment.

Can't say I blame you for feeling that way though. Mods introducing more quality content into the game deserve attention.
  • shadow85shadow85 Member Posts: 128
    does this mod make the game harder in anyway? Or will it just make more battles and encounters? I need a mod that makes the vanilla game more challenging.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    This looks very interesting. I have a of question though. Does this mod require a fresh game? Or can I install it and still do most of the things in it with an existing game? Obviously, if I can't reenter Candlekeep I wouldn't be able to have the first encounter with Mendas.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Sol did You by chance based this mod on "Nikita" TV series? The whole super secret organisation called "Oversight" resembles a lot this TV series (I mean the one on CW channel, with Maggie Q). A like it quite a bit that's why I smiled when I read description of Dark Horizons:) I'm not a big fan of tactical mods (SCS is an exception) but I may try DH because of this whole "Division/Oversight" concept:)
    Cahir said:

Sol did You by chance based this mod on "Nikita" TV series? The whole super secret organisation called "Oversight" resembles a lot this TV series (I mean the one on CW channel, with Maggie Q). A like it quite a bit that's why I smiled when I read description of Dark Horizons:) I'm not a big fan of tactical mods (SCS is an exception) but I may try DH because of this whole "Division/Oversight" concept:)

The portrait is of the actress who played Nikita in the old series from the late 90s, and her organization was called Section One.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118379/?ref_=sr_2
    Yes, old school La Femme Nikita is where I got the idea from. Some stuff is borrowed from that but a lot is my own ideas.
    The game works in mysterious ways. You may or may not miss spawns if you already visited an area. I'm going to say it shouldn't be a problem because my spawns are added in through the area's script file.

All of the important stuff that is related to the main quest happens after Chapter 3. You must do the Najara encounter because that sets everything off until you go to your final destination to Section headquarters.

Missing the first encounter in Candlekeep isn't going to kill the mod.
    Awong124 said:

This looks very interesting. I have a of question though. Does this mod require a fresh game? Or can I install it and still do most of the things in it with an existing game? Obviously, if I can't reenter Candlekeep I wouldn't be able to have the first encounter with Mendas.

Awong124
    Yes it is harder because you are going up against an organization who has best equipment, the best people who are capable of hunting down and canceling their targets.

The encounters of bounty hunters can be hard and the ghost mages under the Ulcaster School are no push overs.
    shadow85 said:

does this mod make the game harder in anyway? Or will it just make more battles and encounters? I need a mod that makes the vanilla game more challenging.

Awesome thanks!
  • HarielHariel Member Posts: 18
    @CoM_Solaufein this mod is great :-) the fights are tough but doable with a good preparation and thinking. For the record I've installed it after the beginning of chapter 3 and all encounters were where they supposed to be.
    Awong124CoM_SolaufeinlunarSchopenhauer
    Thanks.
    Morwen will come with her own personal items. They used to belong to the love of her life. So they will basically be useable by her. They are a long bow, leather armor, bracers and a cloak.
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Just checked in and heard of the release, i'm looking forward to downloading and playing through...Thanks for all your work on converting
    Thanks! :)