Skip to content

During our wait

Comments

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    After much thought and a deep breath, I am going to run through Planescape Torment again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

:) Planescape... and what a trip it is :D

Looking forward to it. I haven't played it with Qwin's 'Unfinished Business' or Ghostdog's incredible UI mod yet. It has been a long time...

• mylegbigmylegbig Member Posts: 292
    edited July 2013
    Even though I believe it is a better game (in terms of writing and story it isn't even close) and left a far bigger impression on me when I first played it, I simply don't find myself going back to Planescape anywhere near as often as I go back to the BG games.
    Post edited by mylegbig on
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    mylegbig said:

Even though I believe it is a better game (in terms of writing and story it isn't even close) and left a far bigger impressive on me when I first played it, I simply don't find myself going back to Planescape anywhere near as often as I go back to the BG games.

It was fantastic, but it just isn't very replayable, in my opinion. In a way, it's more like a book or movie than a game.
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    BG2. Annnnd some WoW.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Night of the Rabbit, mostly. Good game, but Deponia was better. Night of the Rabbit feels too much like The Whispered World, both in terms of story and puzzle design.

Yes, I am a Daedalic fan. Why do you ask?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Playing IWD1 and BG1 vanilla on my Kindle Fire through GemRb (version 0.7.2 Can't seem to get the latest version of GemRb working...but I think that's the fault of the KF not being able to handle it more than the fault of GemRB). It's taken some serious tweaking but they both run really well. Auto pause on enemy sighted doesn't work, so that's keeping me on my toes. Also played through about half of BG2 with no serious issues. Definitely a decent alternative until BGEE comes to Android.
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    i can't wait anymore... can someone be a hero and do something?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    ayuno said:

i can't wait anymore... can someone be a hero and do something?

A hero to sort out legal problems? Damn it, where's Harvey Birdman when you need him?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    TJ_Hooker said:

A hero to sort out legal problems? Damn it, where's Harvey Birdman when you need him?

We need Doctor Who, and quickly!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2013
    I gave Baldur's Gate Reloaded a try, and now I'm playing NWN2, probably for the rest of the summer. My goal is to get to the end of MotB this time, and then make a BG-inspired party to run through Storm of Zehir. I've never finished MotB, and I've hardly ever even started SoZ.

The trouble is, my restartitis is flaring up, and I've already restarted the OC four times in the past week, because I keep getting ideas for characters I want to try. I've started a paladin, a stormlord, and two different kinds of bards, a stormsinger and a lyric thaumaturge. And I'm still not sure which one of those to stick with; and now, I'm even thinking I might rather be a sorcerer or an arcane scholar of Candlekeep. Sigh.

BTW: I discovered a little know fact about the bard instruments. If you equip one, and then cast an inspiration or a song, your toon actually plays a little tune on that instrument, instead of the default whistle. I've had a lot of fun playing the flute, and two different kinds of lutes, and the drum. Now I keep wanting to actually carry my instruments around all the time instead of weapons - it's kind of a fun challenge to try to dodge enemies while running around playing the lute, and there's a feat called "Song of the Heart" in Kaedrin's Pack that adds +1 to your song bonuses. So, my "inspire courage" gives +2 to hit and damage to my party, and it feels like I'm playing a skald.

I
    ...The trouble is, my restartitis is flaring up, and I've already restarted the OC four times in the past week...

I hope I am not the only one who gets a mild panic and severe writer's block when asked to simply name my character.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Edwin said:

I
    ...The trouble is, my restartitis is flaring up, and I've already restarted the OC four times in the past week...

I hope I am not the only one who gets a mild panic and severe writer's block when asked to simply name my character.
    Wizards of the coast has a character name generator. Most of the time its garbage but sometimes it gives decent ideas.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/cng
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    elminster said:

Edwin said:

Wizards of the coast has a character name generator. Most of the time its garbage but sometimes it gives decent ideas.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/tool.aspx?x=dnd/4new/tool/cng
    Another one I can recommend is the Everchanging Book of Names: http://ebon.pyorre.net/

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    No games for me.
    Magnus87 said:

So i am taking a break from that game with another one.. oh well Diablo 2 (no hate please).

Why would someone hate on Diablo 2. It is a brilliant game. Do you play single or multiplayer?
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    Planetside 2!
  • Magnus87Magnus87 Member Posts: 21
    Djimmy said:

No games for me.

Magnus87 said:

So i am taking a break from that game with another one.. oh well Diablo 2 (no hate please).

Why would someone hate on Diablo 2. It is a brilliant game. Do you play single or multiplayer?
    I am playing mutli-ladder, mostly alone but sometimes i join a run or two. I hate though this "pointless" feeling i get from this game.
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I have turned back to old PSone games like Star Ocean the 2nd story and Legend of Dragoon. Its my first play through with Dragoon which is always fun.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I think I might try to actually beat a Command and Conquer game. I just get like the seventh or eighth mission in a campaign and just can't get past it...Though my favorite C&C game would have to be between Red Alert 2 and Command and Conquer 3.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I'm playing KOTOR on my IPad. I may pick up x-com as well.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

I think I might try to actually beat a Command and Conquer game. I just get like the seventh or eighth mission in a campaign and just can't get past it...Though my favorite C&C game would have to be between Red Alert 2 and Command and Conquer 3.

Your making me want to play my c&c 3. I wonder if online is still supported for Xbox, but this is ea we are talking about :(
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

Your making me want to play my c&c 3. I wonder if online is still supported for Xbox, but this is ea we are talking about :(
    Probably, but I've always felt that c&c was weird on a console. I had a red alert expansion for the Ps one. That was some fun stuff. I had this one skirmish map that I would play over and over again. Also my first experience of seeing C&C was my dad playing it on the ps one. Sadly I didn't get to play that one on the account I was to young.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

Probably, but I've always felt that c&c was weird on a console. I had a red alert expansion for the Ps one. That was some fun stuff. I had this one skirmish map that I would play over and over again. Also my first experience of seeing C&C was my dad playing it on the ps one. Sadly I didn't get to play that one on the account I was to young.
    Seeing this makes me want to play Red Alert 2 again haha :)
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    Jade Empire and Dragon Age Origins.

Hmmm... I just realized I'm a BioWare junky...
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited July 2013
    I've been playing NWN 2 BGR up until chapter 5 then a little of the OC. Also downloaded the new neverwinter game and gave it a spin to try out. It was a fun diversion for an evening, but can't see myself committing to a mmo.

I also finally played through Dawn of War II a couple of months back. It's been installed on my computer for years with like 10 minutes played. Once I got used to it it was quite fun. Feels very RPGish. On that note, a 40k rpg would be awesome... Love the 40k universe fluff

Edit: if there are any Shadowrun fans around, google Shadowrun Returns, it's due out pretty soon.
    Post edited by ReadingRambo on
  • EntropyXIIEntropyXII Member Posts: 656
    edited July 2013
    I started messing with NWN2. Maybe it is because I started playing BG again (unbeatable) but I just cannot cope with the story for this game.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I picked up NWN2 from GOG a while back when news of the BG mod for it came out and have been playing a bit of all three pieces (Original, MOTB, & SOZ) while waiting to see how the issues noted with the mod pan out.

BTW I already owned all of NWN2 but some were disks - some were digital and who knew where they might be and then there would be the patch process - but $20 to GOG and the whole thing is downloaded, installed and patched no muss no fuss and I was off to play! Great value!
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    bengoshi said:

TJ_Hooker said:

We need Doctor Who, and quickly!
    I think he will have been coming here sometime last week to sort this all out. I am sure once he sorts it all out, we thanked him profusely and whil think about having sent him a gift sometime in the past/future. You know how timey wimey time mechanics is.

(all of the above will/has/begoing to be approved by Dr Dan Streetmentioner's book of Tenses except the future perfect tense, since it is known not to be).