Skip to content

BG1 - favourite fights: Adventuring Parties

The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. BG1 - favourite fights: Adventuring Parties82 votes
    1. Sendai, Alexander, Delgod (Fire Leaf Forest - area south of Nashkel)
      13.41%
    2. Kirian, Lindin, Baerin, Peter (Basilisk Garden - area east of Beregost)
      18.29%
    3. Vail, Rance, Cailan, Faizah Tin, Achen Dell (statues in Felonius Gist's house in BG)
        0.00%
    4. Gretek, Arlin, Caturak, Nader, Pargus, Wilf ("Maulers of Undermountain" in Helm and Cloak in BG)
      57.32%
    5. -other- (did I miss anything?)
      10.98%
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    KidCarnival
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    The "save the innocent" factor made the fight more interesting, certainly.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Have to love those guys, and of course Gorpel Hind and the Merry Fools.
    sarevok57geekfatigue
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I generally don't fight the other groups, but this party really begs for it. And, by that time my party is in bg city, we are strong enough to take the challenge. You can come upon other parties while your party is still lvl 1-2 or so and they will murder you.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its the most interesting fight.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    I always go pretty early in the game to this forest and Senai and her bandits are like pretty hard at that moment so I always feel pretty badass when I defeat them. Also I feel suicidal at that moment cause my name is Alexander so I find it funny to kill myself ( Wait is that murder or suicide ??? )
    [Deleted User]sarevok57
  • TetrapusTetrapus Member Posts: 17
    Meilum is a one-man-party! Also, not sure if it's just in another poll, but can't forget Vax and Zal (fastest dart in the west!).
    [Deleted User]rexregsarevok57
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Zal and Vax.
    [Deleted User]
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747

That group in the basilisk area really gets under my skin. I don't care how dangerous the area is (crawling with petrifiers), I almost always stop to take down this group without rest or setup. ^-^

I enjoy casting Horror or charm one of them and have them walk into a basilisk near the dragon bones below. With a party protected from petrification, it doesn't matter if a basilisk joins the fight. Well, not to me, but to a charmed enemy who attacks it. :)
    Ascerion[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARDStarflower2525
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271

That group in the basilisk area really gets under my skin. I don't care how dangerous the area is (crawling with petrifiers), I almost always stop to take down this group without rest or setup. ^-^

I enjoy casting Horror or charm one of them and have them walk into a basilisk near the dragon bones below. With a party protected from petrification, it doesn't matter if a basilisk joins the fight. Well, not to me, but to a charmed enemy who attacks it. :)
    Hey, I'd do the same thing. But then I'd realize that the basilisk would then insta-gib the petrified victim. (usually the crazy gnome) And I would (potentially) lose out on magical gear.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Ascerion said:

Hey, I'd do the same thing. But then I'd realize that the basilisk would then insta-gib the petrified victim. (usually the crazy gnome) And I would (potentially) lose out on magical gear.
    The adventurers aren't worth that much XP and don't have anything you can't get elsewhere. The basilisk gives XP and the situation is amusing enough to make it worth the sacrifice of a magical item or two.

Ascerion
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    The Amazons in the lower right area of the game world ( or just a hair above the cave you exit when coming out of the nashkiel mines) I usually just spray about 3+ webs on them and just hit them by afar with ranged weaponry and when I finish smiting them I take all of their goodies, yum :)
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    I actually created an IWD party once that was supposed to be those characters. As I played IWD, it was always in the back of my mind that these characters would meet their ends at the hand of my Bhaalspawn - I felt it added some much-needed (albeit imaginary) depth to my IWD characters, and also made my Bhaalspawn look even tougher for beating them. I later realized that the two games are set about a century apart, LOL.
    SCARY_WIZARD[Deleted User]
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

I actually created an IWD party once that was supposed to be those characters. As I played IWD, it was always in the back of my mind that these characters would meet their ends at the hand of my Bhaalspawn - I felt it added some much-needed (albeit imaginary) depth to my IWD characters, and also made my Bhaalspawn look even tougher for beating them. I later realized that the two games are set about a century apart, LOL.

Maybe they met a Chronomancer, or are(/were) IMMORTAL!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Or maybe they had been petrified by the basilisks and only just been freed (like that other woman you meet there).

Damn, I only just thought of that explanation NOW, LOL!
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    edited September 2013
    As bar fights go, this is one of the best. The only better one i can think of is in vanilla BG1 when I had an evil party kill everyone at the Friendly Arm Inn and then fought swarm after swarm of Flaming Fist. It was a Pyrrhic victory for those the Fists XD on another note, do they still infinetly spawn in bg:ee? I'd like to recreate my Battle of FAI if possible =)
    sarevok57

Or maybe they had been petrified by the basilisks and only just been freed (like that other woman you meet there).

Damn, I only just thought of that explanation NOW, LOL!
    *narrows eyes* :O!!!!!
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Do the "amazons" in the exit from Nashkel mines area count?
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    edited September 2013
    I'm quite fond of the four guys you meet at the Cloakwood Mines entrance. Drasus, Genthor, Resdan and Kysus.
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    after all these years i have not done this fight in BG. its the one city in the game where i still havent gone into every house or building yet.
    Ah, hell, I liked Kirian and her guys better. The Maulers of Undermountain are just putzes.

"HAY GUISE LET'S ANTAGONIZE THESE PEOPLE there are basilisks to our South and at least two of these people are mages."
    [Deleted User]Starflower2525
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    The amazons after Nashkel Mines. A very tough - but oh so rewarding - fight at that stage in the game.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    You're end shall be quick, if ya let it ^
    [Deleted User]
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Ahh crap, I should've voted 'other.' I forgot about the guys at the top of the Iron Throne building - that one's my favorite.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    There is another poll for the iron thrones mercenaries and bounty hunters (cloakwood, amazons etc...), but it should be a few pages ago.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I keep underestimating how hard the fight in the Helm and Cloak will be. I quite often go into it completely unprepared and the thing turns into a bloodbath. I always feel really guilty if I get Gorpel Hind or any of his merry fools killed in the crossfire.
    geekfatigue
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.