Skip to content

BG1 - favourite fights: Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries

The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. BG1 - favourite Bounty Hunter and Mercenary fights87 votes
    1. Nimbul (Nashkel)
      11.49%
    2. Lamalha, Maneira, Telka, Zeela (when you exit Nashkel mines)
      12.64%
    3. Molkar, Morvin, Drakar, Halacan (Gullykin)
        3.45%
    4. Taugosz, Credus, Adrenor, Tersus (Bandit Camp - outside Tazok's tent)
        3.45%
    5. Raemon, Venkt, Hakt, Britik (Bandit Camp - Tazok's tent)
        2.30%
    6. Drasus, Rezdan, Genthore, Kysus (Cloakwood Mine Entrance)
      32.18%
    7. Prat, Sakul, Tam, Bor (Candlekeep Caves)
        4.60%
    8. Slyth and Krystin (Undercellar)
      11.49%
    9. Rahvin, Haseo, Wudei, Carston, Shaldrissa, Gorf (Undercity)
        5.75%
    10. -other- (Carbos, Shank, Tarnesh, Karlat, or Neira)
      12.64%
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
lunarSCARY_WIZARDfrancoAristilliusCrevsDaak

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JLeeMalicronMoomintrollCrevsDaak
  • zur312zur312 Member Posts: 1,366
    edited July 2013
    Rahvin, Haseo, Wudei, Carston, Shaldrissa, Gorf (Undercity)
    those fireballs! yeah!

tarnesh is cool noob killer it is probably first thing i died to in my first game of baldur's gate but really i can't remember
    JLee
    MortiannaKidCarnivalCrevsDaakElrandir
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    They're only two, but their cocky pre-fight dialogue always makes me feel righteous about ending them.
    [Deleted User]MortiannaNoonCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Drasus's party is scary and a respectable challenge in scs. So many things can go wrong in this battle. You can shut down Davaeorn's danger with potions/spells/scrolls but these guys are really deadly.
    franco
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Tarnesh and the 5 Ogre Magi take my vote. When I played SCS and they ambushed me, it was the first time I felt I could lose.
    TetrapusSionIVfranco
  • TetrapusTetrapus Member Posts: 17
    I don't remember much about the fight, but for some reason the group in the Candlekeep Caves just stands out in my memory.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    @typo_tilly

Scs works on bg:ee, only one or two battles are bugged, %95 of the components work well, on my Ipad no less. :-)
    franco[Deleted User]
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Tarnesh is an excellent game device. Right from the start, BG is telling you, "This is not a seek and fetch it kind of adventure. Charname can die here, and at a moment's notice. Your adrenaline level goes up, and it remains at a higher level for the rest of the game.

My level of excitement in the game goes up another notch it seems outside the Cloakwood mines when you've obviously encountered a powerful and well coordinated combination of opponents, you stand toe to toe and win out. You get an extra feeling like, "this group is coming together and can win this thing."
    JLeelunarDragonspearBlackraven
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Most of those fights are worthy and the choice is difficult. Also, did you forget Zhalimar and co. at the top of the iron throne or is it intentional ? Otherwise, it would have my vote. There is also Rieltar's group at Candlekeep (but not really mercenaries or BH).
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Bah. They're all pushovers compared to my mods bounty hunters. ;)
    [Deleted User]Moomintroll
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    "Always kill the mouthy ones, that's what I always say."

More for one of the best quotes in the game, and one of the best items than the actual battle.

[Deleted User]BladeDancer
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Shin said:

They're only two, but their cocky pre-fight dialogue always makes me feel righteous about ending them.

Especially in the original game I was always RP'ing it so that I would stop them as soon as possible to prevent them from killing too many bystanders. Especially Krystin and that cloudkill of hers.
    [Deleted User]Shin
  • davendaven Member Posts: 112
    edited July 2013
    The group in that tavern in Baldur's Gate. Who bust on in after you're telling stories with them others at the bar.
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    edited July 2013
    deltago said:

"Always kill the mouthy ones, that's what I always say."

HAW! A good saying! I will use your head for a puppet and make it say it over and over while we drink large amounts of mead! Life is pretty good, you know?
    Malicron[Deleted User]SCARY_WIZARD
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    elminster said:

Shin said:

Especially in the original game I was always RP'ing it so that I would stop them as soon as possible to prevent them from killing too many bystanders. Especially Krystin and that cloudkill of hers.
    Their voice sets are so cool that sometimes I ctrl+Q and keep them in my party till the end.
    I bring them to Near Dead then my evil PC acts like "Meh, you two are too badass to die in this sewer. Join me and we'll have fun together."
    Blackraven
  • TsyrithTsyrith Member Posts: 180
    edited July 2013
    daven said:

The group in that tavern in Baldur's Gate. Who bust on in after you're telling stories with them others at the bar.

They're the Maulers of the Undermountain, and probably aren't on this list because they aren't either after your bounty or in the employ of the Iron Throne, they're just dumb-dumbs.

• davendaven Member Posts: 112
    Ohhhh right. Well... it's a good fight anyway.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    @redline, you just summed up my feelings about everything between the coronation and Tamoko.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I like a lot of them, but my favorite has to be the group outside the Cloakwood Mines. If you're careful it's not too hard (like everything in the game, really), but boy can that battle go south fast if you're not. Plus, boots of speed make everything better.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Exhausted, wounded, in the middle of nowhere. Now how the hell did you know, I'd go through this exact spot?! Anyway, I insult them, kill them and for the very first time, I feel like a real badass.
    Blackraven