Skip to content

BG:EE Back on sale!

Comments

• SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    And Archaic is considering to go on with his already astonishing work on the GUI Mod. Well he does so if enough people show their interest. Please just go to the Mod sub Forum and like his comment regarding the future of the GUI Mod!! :-)
    Fredjo
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I may just do that... Ok.. I will go do that... *goes and does that*
    FredjoSchopenhauerIllustair
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266

...It's awfully grand to have excitement for the D&D gaming future again, isn't it?

I second this! I haven't been excited about D&D anything since D&D4e ruined my D&D hope. Way to be awesome, beamdog!

DelvarianBladeDancerPaulg
  • ThreewisemanThreewiseman Member Posts: 1
    Yay! So glad things are back on track for you guys! Eagerly awaiting the upcoming patch and news on BG2.

I was so sad when I read about that contractual hell's breakfast. Seriously, lawyers, go away and let game devs do their awesome thing, no one wants to play in the sand pit with you, so stop trying to muscle in and steal the Tonka truck.
    sepotter
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I'm hoping that we get the patch soon, and more than that I hope for Android soon... would it be too unrealistic to hope for them to release by the end of the month?
    etotheo
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    is there a way to buy it using only cash? I want to buy a copy for my friend
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    You can use Paypal, which can pull funds from your bank account
    elminster
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    rdarken said:

You can use Paypal, which can pull funds from your bank account

I think he refers to a boxed copy of the game, but there's no such thing yet i think... so he will have to buy with credit card
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited August 2013
    Paypal is a borderless payment system which can translate nationally restricted payment methods (such as Elektronisches Lastschriftverfahren or Giropay in Germany) for international use by currency translation upon topping up. Of course, Paypal can also be used with a regular credit card.

So basically yes, you can, by topping up your Paypal account, buy with pure cash. No need for a credit card.

EDIT: Sorry, understood the post in a wrong context.
  • RaventigerRaventiger Member Posts: 17
    Wonderful News Dev's! I've been checked the site daily for a resolution to the dispute. I'm happy to see you sorted it out. Now back to the game... Boo where's my d20?
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    @Nimasu

Well said. I STILL haven't beaten BG2. I know, I have a good grasp of the mechanics and give out advice a lot, but I never beat it. I have a really bad case of Alt-ziemers and cannot stick with one CHARNAME for very long, without getting bored. I want to be able to do it all. Tank, heal, spells.

I really hope that there is work underway on BG2:EE already. Perhaps Overhaul can use a lot of the same engine they already reverse-engineered from BG1 and therefore create more content even faster? We can hope!

~Ascerion
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Ascerion said:

I really hope that there is work underway on BG2:EE already. Perhaps Overhaul can use a lot of the same engine they already reverse-engineered from BG1 and therefore create more content even faster? We can hope!

BG2:EE will use the same engine as BG:EE.
  • AscerionAscerion Member Posts: 271
    TJ_Hooker said:

Ascerion said:

Right, so they should have less to work on, having already built the engine. At least, that's my theory! You have to give me small things like this, so I don't go crazy from the wait! =P

~Ascerion
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Ascerion said:

TJ_Hooker said:

Ascerion said:

Right, so they should have less to work on, having already built the engine. At least, that's my theory! You have to give me small things like this, so I don't go crazy from the wait! =P
    Sorry, maybe I should have elaborated more with my first post. Yes, as stated by the devs several times, with the engine already built, they can focus more on other stuff, and every engine fix/update they make for BG:EE will ultimately benefit BG2:EE. So your theory is correct (although more of a fact than a theory at this point).
  • KoyoteKoyote Member Posts: 89
    Yay!!!
    I'm mildly curious if the timing of this and Atari's bankruptcy are more than coincidence.
    DKnightPaulg
  • AndyMAndyM Member Posts: 21
    'I have a feeling BG2:EE is more done than we think it is.'
    I really hope you are correct in this! It's a sentiment I also share in a maybe overly optimistic way. We shall see.....
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Congratulations to the whole Baldurs Gate EE team! I was seriously worried that I wouldn't be able to see anymore titles from you guys. Hamsters and Rangers Everywhere Rejoice!!
    NecdilzorStarflower2525
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    If I had more than two friends, I'd be buying them all a copy of the BeamDog version right now. That is how much I like this game and wish to support the Devs! ;)
    BelgarathMTHXivirielsepotterPaulg
  • OneDrizzitOneDrizzit Member Posts: 5
    OK guys... Give us BG2 EE now!!!! ;-)
    BelgarathMTHrdarken
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    edited August 2013
    oops
    Post edited by Lateralus on
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

I believe you can buy it as a gift - which you pay for but the link is sent to your friends email address to download and keep forever.
    Pluc082
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877

Let's be friends. Coincidentally, BG2:EE is being worked on. And yeah I think @decado is right.

• LeematonLeematon Member Posts: 33
    Pleased to see the legal issues have apparently been sorted out - was beginning to fear the worst. Can really look forward now to a souped up UI and BG2EE. :)
  • TheGrapeTyphlosionTheGrapeTyphlosion Member Posts: 29
    edited August 2013
    Lateralus said:

Cool! Will I be the first person to ever complete BG and BG:EE, AND BG2:EE without ever playing a even a third the way through BG2? Let's find out...

You will not be the only one to play through BG, BG:EE and BG2:EE without even getting a third through BG2. But otherwise it's great to hear the game is back on track :D
  • ayunoayuno Member Posts: 42
    we have to wait now just for the patch. I rly want to see the new ui :). Hopefully they can release the patch in this month.